Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 347

Thread: Stephen Hill officially released

  1. #281
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Your posts on this board are even less objective than mine. If you're truly a lawyer and represented a Pats fan in any kind of suit, I honestly think you would unprofessionally screw him. Your hate toward another pro sports team goes beyond fandom for you. It's personal, perhaps even spiritual for you. Their existence impacts your worldview on morality. And that's damn hilarious.
    Your reputation bars indicate otherwise.

  2. #282
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,689
    Hill and his big mouth agent need to come up with a plan for resurrecting his career. I would suggest
    they hire a former WR (Jerry Rice?) as a coach/guru and let him design a plan for improving. Because
    all 32 teams know that Hill can't help at this point

  3. #283
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Hill and his big mouth agent need to come up with a plan for resurrecting his career. I would suggest
    they hire a former WR (Jerry Rice?) as a coach/guru and let him design a plan for improving. Because
    all 32 teams know that Hill can't help at this point
    Maybe that was his agent's plan. To act like a doosh and hope nobody picked him up on waivers so that he can choose his team as a FA. With the agent telling that team, "Hey I was kidding. You were our first choice and I wanted to make sure no one else claimed him on waivers."

    Partially joking here.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Your posts on this board are even less objective than mine. If you're truly a lawyer and represented a Pats fan in any kind of suit, I honestly think you would unprofessionally screw him. Your hate toward another pro sports team goes beyond fandom for you. It's personal, perhaps even spiritual for you. Their existence impacts your worldview on morality. And that's damn hilarious.
    Here goes the dumb@ss blind homer again. Who made you the monitor of "objectivity?" In the meantime, once again, please understand that I subscribe to this site to discuss New York Jets football with others who have something in common with me -- fans of the New York Jets!!

    I don't go to the Pats board. Don't care if all you Boston pricks butt lick each other. I find it ironic that you of all people lecture me about my feelings towards the Pats when you are here posting multiple times per day. Oh, the irony!

    Here's hoping the mods at the new board give you your walking papers. I would rather have a rash on my nutsack than read your b/s blind homerism. Unlike some of the other Pats trolls, you add nothing of value. Now, GFY....

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    This year we have no choice - we're stuck with Rex. My preference for our next coach would be someone who has a progressive view of offense. If we haven't noticed the NFL is no longer dominated by the "dominant" defenses. We've been mired with defensive minded Headcoaches for about decade now perhaps we jump the trend for once.


    Oooooohhhhhh, "someone" should be our HC...

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    On any given Sunday , any NFL team can beat another. In this years SB Manning and the Broncos self destructed after the early safety which was an offensive blunder not a defensive play. And the 49ers have a good defense but far from a defensive minded team. They've opened up the attack with Boldin , Crabtree and a dynamic TE Davis, in addition the threat of the run from their QB opens holes for their running game.

    Yes since Rex has been here we've seen subpar QB play - coincidence or part of the plan ???
    Have you just ignored the work of the offense in the pre-season, and how impressive they've looked? Or is that anti-Rex tinfoil hat on too tight?

  7. #287
    Its not like this guy was producing and we just cut him....He wasnt producing. He dropped a critical pass in NE that game...never got open..never learned how to catch and run routes...etc. Showed zero toughness...got no separation..showed zero quickness in and out of routes....once DB's realized all they can do is blow on him and hell fall off of his route..he became expandable..hes a track star..hes usain bolt trying to be a WR...Dont get me wrong i thought we had another Randy moss when we drafted him..but after looking at highlights of Moss and comparing them to Hill its night and day...hes not a receiver he came from a run first offense at GT and was asked to get deep and catch a couple passes from time to time...thats all....

  8. #288
    Stephen Hill has bad hands and bad feet. His footwork is at best miserable.

  9. #289
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,097
    Stephen Hill's departure proves that Idzik says what he means regarding competition. You're not gonna be handed a roster spot because of where you were taken in the draft, or because of the "potential" of what you could be. You either produce and develop, or its gonna be tough for you to stick around for very long.

    Salas produced and plays specials. he gets the spot.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Here goes the dumb@ss blind homer again. Who made you the monitor of "objectivity?" In the meantime, once again, please understand that I subscribe to this site to discuss New York Jets football with others who have something in common with me -- fans of the New York Jets!!

    I don't go to the Pats board. Don't care if all you Boston pricks butt lick each other. I find it ironic that you of all people lecture me about my feelings towards the Pats when you are here posting multiple times per day. Oh, the irony!

    Here's hoping the mods at the new board give you your walking papers. I would rather have a rash on my nutsack than read your b/s blind homerism. Unlike some of the other Pats trolls, you add nothing of value. Now, GFY....
    Yup, "All NY Jets and the NFL" means nothing to you or RayRay... you envision a perfect world of Jets fans who all love the team posting together in harmony... sorry, that will never happen. Jerry Jones can't buy a championship with his cash anymore. SAR can't buy one either, the one thing in his life he can't throw money at to produce greater pleasure.


    You probably won't spit on BB's bronze head in the Hall of Fame, but BB talking to the world on his first-ballot HoF speech will come up on some highlights somewhere and cause you to lose your mind.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 09-01-2014 at 01:52 AM.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Stephen Hill's departure proves that Idzik says what he means regarding competition. You're not gonna be handed a roster spot because of where you were taken in the draft, or because of the "potential" of what you could be. You either produce and develop, or its gonna be tough for you to stick around for very long.

    Salas produced and plays specials. he gets the spot.
    And Quincy Enunwa got a spot because of his potential. Believe me, it's not always about production.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Here goes the dumb@ss blind homer again. Who made you the monitor of "objectivity?" In the meantime, once again, please understand that I subscribe to this site to discuss New York Jets football with others who have something in common with me -- fans of the New York Jets!!

    I don't go to the Pats board. Don't care if all you Boston pricks butt lick each other. I find it ironic that you of all people lecture me about my feelings towards the Pats when you are here posting multiple times per day. Oh, the irony!

    Here's hoping the mods at the new board give you your walking papers. I would rather have a rash on my nutsack than read your b/s blind homerism. Unlike some of the other Pats trolls, you add nothing of value. Now, GFY....
    All of the Pats fans here hate the Jets and know more about our daily comings and going than their own team. To them it's just Brady and Belichick and the NFL was founded in 2001. You don't see such an army of Jets fans on Pats boards because we focus on ourselves. They enjoy it more when we lose than they win.

  13. #293
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,097
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    And Quincy Enunwa got a spot because of his potential. Believe me, it's not always about production.
    It's yet to be seen if his spot is set in stone...

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    It's yet to be seen if his spot is set in stone...
    He's not going anywhere. The Jets love his potential. And he can play specials while he grows into that potential.

    There's a lot to like about this kid. 6'2", 225lbs, 4.44 and physical. He's rough around the edges, but he can be molded into a player.

  15. #295
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216
    And Lil' Bill can't cheat his way to anymore Championships! What's good for the goose is good for the gander. BB actually has a lot in common with Jerry.... Narcissist.


    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Yup, "All NY Jets and the NFL" means nothing to you or RayRay... you envision a perfect world of Jets fans who all love the team posting together in harmony... sorry, that will never happen. Jerry Jones can't buy a championship with his cash anymore. SAR can't buy one either, the one thing in his life he can't throw money at to produce greater pleasure.


    You probably won't spit on BB's bronze head in the Hall of Fame, but BB talking to the world on his first-ballot HoF speech will come up on some highlights somewhere and cause you to lose your mind.

  16. #296
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,374
    I haven't waded near thru much of this thread but why are talking about Bellichek and the Pats?

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I haven't waded near thru much of this thread but why are talking about Bellichek and the Pats?
    There are posters here that turn threads into Pasts* threads as often as possible

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He's not going anywhere. The Jets love his potential. And he can play specials while he grows into that potential.

    There's a lot to like about this kid. 6'2", 225lbs, 4.44 and physical. He's rough around the edges, but he can be molded into a player.
    This kid has Anquan Boldin type of attributes as a high point. Big, strong, fast, catches with his hands, snatches the ball, fights for the ball. He has more of a chance to be a productive NFL receiver at some point than Hill did because of his hands alone.
    And if he doesn't make it, no big deal he was almost an UDFA.

  19. #299
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn/Atlanta
    Posts
    1,067
    Quincy made the team because he plays special teams and a better prospect, Hill got released because he suck, didn't play special teams and took up a roster spot.

  20. #300
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    thank god he's gone.

    I didn't like him from the first day. So lanky and stupid. He seemed to think that it was owed to him or that it was just "his". AFter 3 nfl camps he didn't seem to understand that you have to work for it, fight for it if you want to keep it.

    The deal was sealed for me last year when I saw him attempt to basket catch a long pass that the defender was able to break up because he didn't extend his arms and instead tried to basket catch it. A complete waste.

    thankfully tannenbum is supposedly going to miami as a consultant or even a gm prospect. He'll sink their ass quick.
    I don't know how all these fans know so much about who doesn't work hard enough. I don't go to practice (and I bet you don't either) but I never saw any evidence that he didn't work. He just didn't have the instincts or the hands.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us