Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Biggest disappointments this year in NFL?

  1. #1

    Biggest disappointments this year in NFL?

    1. KC Chiefs....now with a tougher schedule we will get to see if they were as good as last year.

    2. SF 49ers....too many pieces moved and injured although the games against the Seahawks should be hard hitting.

    3. Atlanta. Lack of talent on defense, soft coach= another dismal season

    4. Dolphins. Still trying to put pieces in place but major missteps on personnel

    5. Cowboys. Romo will still throw some 400 yard games but make crucial mistakes while defense moves from good to below average

    6. Giants. A mess on both sides of the ball.

    A lot of teams have not done much to address their needs, I.e. Texans, Browns but the Jets are actually improving,abit slowly, and when Brady retires the Jets are going to be in perfect position to take the AFC East.

  2. #2
    6.5 Jets. Had an astonishing 12 picks in this past draft and whiffed completely in rounds 3-7 (10 picks), sat and watched the best player the franchise ever had sign a FA deal with NE while we have nothing in a destitute secondary. WR situation is maybe 30% better than last year because of Decker, but not an overall shocking improvement as they appear to have drafted 3 WR's who cannot play.

    I have been the most ardent Idzik supporter, and have sworn off being negative, but, to not call it like one sees it, I believe, is delusional. I think the Giants whom the OP called "a mess" will have a better record than us when all is said and done.

    I am very worried about my team going into the season.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    6.5 Jets. Had an astonishing 12 picks in this past draft and whiffed completely in rounds 3-7 (10 picks), sat and watched the best player the franchise ever had sign a FA deal with NE while we have nothing in a destitute secondary. WR situation is maybe 30% better than last year because of Decker, but not an overall shocking improvement as they appear to have drafted 3 WR's who cannot play.

    I have been the most ardent Idzik supporter, and have sworn off being negative, but, to not call it like one sees it, I believe, is delusional. I think the Giants whom the OP called "a mess" will have a better record than us when all is said and done.

    I am very worried about my team going into the season.
    So much wrong with this post I don't know where to start, we will take it up at a later date when we have some evidence to back up our opinions.

  4. #4

    Biggest disappointments this year in NFL?

    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    6.5 Jets. Had an astonishing 12 picks in this past draft and whiffed completely in rounds 3-7 (10 picks), sat and watched the best player the franchise ever had sign a FA deal with NE while we have nothing in a destitute secondary. WR situation is maybe 30% better than last year because of Decker, but not an overall shocking improvement as they appear to have drafted 3 WR's who cannot play.

    I have been the most ardent Idzik supporter, and have sworn off being negative, but, to not call it like one sees it, I believe, is delusional. I think the Giants whom the OP called "a mess" will have a better record than us when all is said and done.

    I am very worried about my team going into the season.
    While what you say may come to pass, it's far from a certainty. One thin you are forgetting is that along with Decker, we now have Amaro and CJ2K as receiving threats. I agree with your comments on the secondary, but in no way did I expect, or want Idzik to eat 20million of cap space on a greedy superstar that will expect to be the highest paid player at his position next year. (The Pats got a discount this year because they are the Pats)

    Geno looks to be at least somewhat improved from last year and our DLine 'should' be even more ferocious.

    Oh yeah ... Our run game may be no. 1 in the league this year.

    AFC EAST RESULTS

    1. Pats - 12-4
    2. Jets - 9-7 (beat Phins twice)
    3. Phins - 9-7
    4. Bills - 4-12


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-30-2014 at 06:31 PM.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,089
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    6.5 Jets. Had an astonishing 12 picks in this past draft and whiffed completely in rounds 3-7 (10 picks), sat and watched the best player the franchise ever had sign a FA deal with NE while we have nothing in a destitute secondary. WR situation is maybe 30% better than last year because of Decker, but not an overall shocking improvement as they appear to have drafted 3 WR's who cannot play.

    I have been the most ardent Idzik supporter, and have sworn off being negative, but, to not call it like one sees it, I believe, is delusional. I think the Giants whom the OP called "a mess" will have a better record than us when all is said and done.

    I am very worried about my team going into the season.
    Pop a Xanax. It will all feel better, trust me.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    6.5 Jets. Had an astonishing 12 picks in this past draft and whiffed completely in rounds 3-7 (10 picks), sat and watched the best player the franchise ever had sign a FA deal with NE while we have nothing in a destitute secondary. WR situation is maybe 30% better than last year because of Decker, but not an overall shocking improvement as they appear to have drafted 3 WR's who cannot play.

    I have been the most ardent Idzik supporter, and have sworn off being negative, but, to not call it like one sees it, I believe, is delusional. I think the Giants whom the OP called "a mess" will have a better record than us when all is said and done.

    I am very worried about my team going into the season.
    Good thing you've sworn off being negative. Would hate to see you when you're being Debbie Downer.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    6.5 Jets. Had an astonishing 12 picks in this past draft and whiffed completely in rounds 3-7 (10 picks), sat and watched the best player the franchise ever had sign a FA deal with NE while we have nothing in a destitute secondary. WR situation is maybe 30% better than last year because of Decker, but not an overall shocking improvement as they appear to have drafted 3 WR's who cannot play.

    I have been the most ardent Idzik supporter, and have sworn off being negative, but, to not call it like one sees it, I believe, is delusional. I think the Giants whom the OP called "a mess" will have a better record than us when all is said and done.

    I am very worried about my team going into the season.
    Revis wasn't the difference a few years when we had him. He was expensive and sent the wrong message to other players about holding out.

    Most of the draft picks made the team. They haven't played an NFL game yet. To call them a whif is a stretch.

    I think you'll see a very competitive team this year. A more balanced team in general.

  8. #8
    JI closing for this Scout SH!T...
    Who gives a fvck who sucks as long as it's not the Jets












    Bills
    49ers
    NYG
    Steelers
    Chiefs

  9. #9
    Chiefs- overachieved last year and lost some key players on D and the O-line.

    Other than them, I would not be surprised at all to see the Bengals control the AFCN- the Steelers don't have much talent anymore and the Ravens have too many holes plus if Dalton can play half as well as he did against the Jets, then they might be able to dethrone the Manning/Brady machine. I think people are overrating the Bears- ultimately, I think their lack of D will drag them down similar to the Cowboys and Lions in recent years; plus if Cutler has to miss any time, there's no McCown. If the 49ers struggle early and their secondary is as bad as it looks, then AZ could be a real sleeper for the 5th seed wildcard. And, the Vagiants will struggle similarly to last year (although they might not start 0-6 but lose more games throughout the season).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us