Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 622

Thread: OK, you can start posting on the Scout board. Here's the instructions.

  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Still say you should've went with MacGinley.

    oh well.
    I was gonna go with Mac, but they have a 5-character minimum. Still, I hope Sooth is able to manually change usernames. It'd be a shame if I lost my McGinley name.

  2. #442
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,897
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Try now
    thanks.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I was gonna go with Mac, but they have a 5-character minimum. Still, I hope Sooth is able to manually change usernames. It'd be a shame if I lost my McGinley name.
    I'm not happy about losin Harrier, hopefully he can sort that too.

  4. #444
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's what I've been using and it still f*cking sucks. It's just a different looking template, all the features are the same.

    I hate to say it, but I'm kind of starting to agree with Dcat.

    I love the posters on JI, but unless Sooth can confirm that when the beta is finished we'll at least have some standard forum features created within the last 10 years implemented (don't care if it has a rep system or like/dislike feature)...then a ton of people are going to go to other boards.

    You can't even posts links to websites, copy and paste tweets/articles, etc.
    I'm gonna have to reluctantly agree with you UT. That dinosaur of a board is a huge turn off at the moment.....

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    For the last few weeks here can we have un moderated, no hold back, complete mayhem here. Cursing, insulting, no bans, a real fun fest?
    I'd enjoy it... Like one of those airing of the greivences... and then we all hug and go play in our new place.


    Also, someone mentioned the color over there... I'm sure there's plenty other pressing things, but maybe it's a simple thing, to change that to a darker green...
    One less migraine-inducing. REALLY rough on your eyes! How have they dealt with that so long?! No wonder they're so uptight!

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I'm not happy about losin Harrier, hopefully he can sort that too.
    What's your new handle?

    Although I'm sure I'll be able to spot you in battle with 90210

  7. #447
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I'm not happy about losin Harrier, hopefully he can sort that too.
    How about HarrierJet??

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    How about HarrierJet??
    Had that on TTG, not keen. Just been trying to get to the root of this taken user name issue, it appears the person who has your username is "YOU" the link does not give you an option to enter your email then validate your username.

    It basically asks you for a username before entering the forum, the username is then unavailable, and it's you who already has it.

    Crazy stuff.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    What's your new handle?

    Although I'm sure I'll be able to spot you in battle with 90210
    Looking to stick with the same name at all costs.

    Lol, miss debating that little delusional burrito eatin motherfvcker!

  10. #450
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I was gonna go with Mac, but they have a 5-character minimum. Still, I hope Sooth is able to manually change usernames. It'd be a shame if I lost my McGinley name.
    I had to change my username as they said Brickhouse was taken. I find that hard to believe and think they're was some sort of username exchange done that isn't working properly. In any case Brickhouse is now known as Jet4Ever, blah I want my Brickhouse back.

  11. #451
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    A lot of people seem to be having that exact issue. There must be something in common, like using an iOS device or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Had that on TTG, not keen. Just been trying to get to the root of this taken user name issue, it appears the person who has your username is "YOU" the link does not give you an option to enter your email then validate your username.It basically asks you for a username before entering the forum, the username is then unavailable, and it's you who already has it.Crazy stuff.

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I had to change my username as they said Brickhouse was taken. I find that hard to believe and think they're was some sort of username exchange done that isn't working properly. In any case Brickhouse is now known as Jet4Ever, blah I want my Brickhouse back.
    It's because your details are already over there, the link then asks you to confirm email, you are then logged in under that email, when you come to post I t asks you for a username, it then says its unavailable, and that's because it "YOU" that already has it.

    PM'd sooth? I think he will fix this.

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    A lot of people seem to be having that exact issue. There must be something in common, like using an iOS device or something
    Well I'm on vacation and doing it on an i-phone, so you maybe onto something there Niece.

  14. #454
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Well I'm on vacation and doing it on an i-phone, so you maybe onto something there Niece.
    I'm getting the same, and I'm only using Chrome on my PC.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I'm getting the same, and I'm only using Chrome on my PC.
    Definitely a common theme, the usernames taken are ours, the link provided offers you no option to get around this.

  16. #456
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,970
    My username there is basically my email, which is less than ideal. Didn't even get the chance to pick one out. Seems like there is no other choice but to start over there with a new account?

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    My username there is basically my email, which is less than ideal. Didn't even get the chance to pick one out. Seems like there is no other choice but to start over there with a new account?
    It's your email because you have not chose a username, try to enter the main forum and it will ask you for a username, and I bet it's taken.

  18. #458
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,996
    It was pretty easy. Sucks that this is happening but pretty easy to get set up.

    Al Woodall Rocks! became the way less cool alwoodallrocks but it is what it is.
    Need to get my AW avatar in there. Have to read back and see what those steps are. Couldn't figure it out on the first try.

  19. #459
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Palm Harbor , FL
    Posts
    458
    OK these boards are crap .. and of course my name was taken , this has given everyone who had like in my case Atljet to basicly squat on the name , So im sure the guy with Atljet1 took Atljet... just sad

  20. #460
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In other words SNAFU?
    Exactly.

    Why shut the board down, how boring.

    Let it blow up!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us