Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *****Awarded Waiver Wire Players Thread***** Jets & Others

Undrafted Free Agent

*****Awarded Waiver Wire Players Thread***** Jets & Others

Looking for the Jets to add a veteran CB, WR and perhaps a "Surprise" player.... RB, LB.

On a side note, can anyone explain how I can get my title heading to use a larger Font. A small header is an embarrassment to a man.

Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    Looking for the Jets to add a veteran CB, WR and perhaps a "Surprise" player.... RB, LB.

On a side note, can anyone explain how I can get my title heading to use a larger Font. A small header is an embarrassment to a man.
    What time today do players clear waivers?

Teams have 24h, then the player becomes a free agent. We're at 18 I believe, so the best players most likely don't even make it to us but we'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Waiver claims will start at 12 pm

Banned
    Players clear waivers/get awarded to teams at noon today.

Undrafted Free Agent
    We're sitting around # 18 if I'm not mistaken. Champ Bailey's camp is all over the web saying how he's finally 100% healthy. Not enough reps in camp to make the NO roster.
    I'd be willing to bring him in for a look along w/ Thomas and Florence D. Unless JI feels they can get by with Allen and Walls until Dee gets back. A home loss to Raiders would be devastating!

Undrafted Free Agent
    I can see the Jags making a play for Sestrunck at RB. Toby has had a disappointing pre-season

We're sitting around # 18 if I'm not mistaken. Champ Bailey's camp is all over the web saying how he's finally 100% healthy. Not enough reps in camp to make the NO roster.
    I'd be willing to bring him in for a look along w/ Thomas and Florence D. Unless JI feels they can get by with Allen and Walls until Dee gets back. A home loss to Raiders would be devastating!
    Bailey is old as dirt, there's no way he's waiver wire-eligible. Don't know the rules 110% but usually those old guys instantly become free agents.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

12pm today

But I wonder how true this is? If he's healthy, and can still play, it's a no-brainer, but I question where his health is at. Where is this evidence of Bailey's camp supporting him?

Rex's brother coaches for the Saints. He will give Rex the skinny on Baily.

Bailey has been exposed over the past few seasons. The better QB's would attack him often as possible

Thanks to all!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Teams may wait on him til after game 1 so that contract is not guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Bailey is old as dirt, there's no way he's waiver wire-eligible. Don't know the rules 110% but usually those old guys instantly become free agents.

Undrafted Free Agent
    ESPN and NFLN. Read it at both spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But I wonder how true this is? If he's healthy, and can still play, it's a no-brainer, but I question where his health is at. Where is this evidence of Bailey's camp supporting him?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    The rules are the same for everyone who has been released, you must clear the waiver period. If you are claimed by multiple teams, you are awarded by inverse order of your record, in this case the 2013 record. I'm fairly certain I am correct.

The rules are the same for everyone who has been released, you must clear the waiver period. If you are claimed by multiple teams, you are awarded by inverse order of your record, in this case the 2013 record. I'm fairly certain I am correct.
    Nope.

...In short, a cut player with less than four years of service time is placed on waivers...

All League
    you're not correct. vested veterans become FAs immediately.

What about a safety? Before the injuries and Patterson saga, I thought safety was the biggest area of concern on the team. My dislike of Dawan Landry aside, I'm a little surprised they kept Bush when he's barely even played safety at all- given the lack of secondary depth, it doesn't make sense to keep a player at that position who only plays ST. Especially if they think Allen can do anything at corner, they will need a safety badly.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Fingers crossed for Damaris Johnson and or/ Kevin Dorsey/Myles White.