Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: *****Awarded Waiver Wire Players Thread***** Jets & Others

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216

    *****Awarded Waiver Wire Players Thread***** Jets & Others

    Looking for the Jets to add a veteran CB, WR and perhaps a "Surprise" player.... RB, LB.

    On a side note, can anyone explain how I can get my title heading to use a larger Font. A small header is an embarrassment to a man.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    Looking for the Jets to add a veteran CB, WR and perhaps a "Surprise" player.... RB, LB.

    On a side note, can anyone explain how I can get my title heading to use a larger Font. A small header is an embarrassment to a man.
    What time today do players clear waivers?

  3. #3
    Teams have 24h, then the player becomes a free agent. We're at 18 I believe, so the best players most likely don't even make it to us but we'll see I guess.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    What time today do players clear waivers?
    Waiver claims will start at 12 pm

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    What time today do players clear waivers?
    Players clear waivers/get awarded to teams at noon today.

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216
    We're sitting around # 18 if I'm not mistaken. Champ Bailey's camp is all over the web saying how he's finally 100% healthy. Not enough reps in camp to make the NO roster.
    I'd be willing to bring him in for a look along w/ Thomas and Florence D. Unless JI feels they can get by with Allen and Walls until Dee gets back. A home loss to Raiders would be devastating!

  7. #7
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216
    I can see the Jags making a play for Sestrunck at RB. Toby has had a disappointing pre-season

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    We're sitting around # 18 if I'm not mistaken. Champ Bailey's camp is all over the web saying how he's finally 100% healthy. Not enough reps in camp to make the NO roster.
    I'd be willing to bring him in for a look along w/ Thomas and Florence D. Unless JI feels they can get by with Allen and Walls until Dee gets back. A home loss to Raiders would be devastating!
    Bailey is old as dirt, there's no way he's waiver wire-eligible. Don't know the rules 110% but usually those old guys instantly become free agents.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    What time today do players clear waivers?
    12pm today

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    We're sitting around # 18 if I'm not mistaken. Champ Bailey's camp is all over the web saying how he's finally 100% healthy. Not enough reps in camp to make the NO roster.
    I'd be willing to bring him in for a look along w/ Thomas and Florence D. Unless JI feels they can get by with Allen and Walls until Dee gets back. A home loss to Raiders would be devastating!
    But I wonder how true this is? If he's healthy, and can still play, it's a no-brainer, but I question where his health is at. Where is this evidence of Bailey's camp supporting him?

  11. #11
    Rex's brother coaches for the Saints. He will give Rex the skinny on Baily.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    We're sitting around # 18 if I'm not mistaken. Champ Bailey's camp is all over the web saying how he's finally 100% healthy. Not enough reps in camp to make the NO roster.
    I'd be willing to bring him in for a look along w/ Thomas and Florence D. Unless JI feels they can get by with Allen and Walls until Dee gets back. A home loss to Raiders would be devastating!
    Bailey has been exposed over the past few seasons. The better QB's would attack him often as possible

  13. #13
    Thanks to all!

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216
    Teams may wait on him til after game 1 so that contract is not guaranteed

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Bailey is old as dirt, there's no way he's waiver wire-eligible. Don't know the rules 110% but usually those old guys instantly become free agents.

  15. #15
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216
    ESPN and NFLN. Read it at both spots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But I wonder how true this is? If he's healthy, and can still play, it's a no-brainer, but I question where his health is at. Where is this evidence of Bailey's camp supporting him?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Bailey is old as dirt, there's no way he's waiver wire-eligible. Don't know the rules 110% but usually those old guys instantly become free agents.
    The rules are the same for everyone who has been released, you must clear the waiver period. If you are claimed by multiple teams, you are awarded by inverse order of your record, in this case the 2013 record. I'm fairly certain I am correct.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    The rules are the same for everyone who has been released, you must clear the waiver period. If you are claimed by multiple teams, you are awarded by inverse order of your record, in this case the 2013 record. I'm fairly certain I am correct.
    Nope.

    ...In short, a cut player with less than four years of service time is placed on waivers...

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    The rules are the same for everyone who has been released, you must clear the waiver period. If you are claimed by multiple teams, you are awarded by inverse order of your record, in this case the 2013 record. I'm fairly certain I am correct.
    you're not correct. vested veterans become FAs immediately.

  19. #19
    What about a safety? Before the injuries and Patterson saga, I thought safety was the biggest area of concern on the team. My dislike of Dawan Landry aside, I'm a little surprised they kept Bush when he's barely even played safety at all- given the lack of secondary depth, it doesn't make sense to keep a player at that position who only plays ST. Especially if they think Allen can do anything at corner, they will need a safety badly.

  20. #20
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    124
    Fingers crossed for Damaris Johnson and or/ Kevin Dorsey/Myles White.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us