Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: *****Awarded Waiver Wire Players Thread***** Jets & Others

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Putting Hill on the PS is a waste....we know what he is already.

I don't understand the love affair some have for him at this point.
    I was obviously joking because of the bad blood ever since we released him. It'll never happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Even with the new rules I dont believe he is eligible. We played him in well too many games.
    I agree according to this he's not..
    Generally, teams like to keep young players on the practice squad so they can develop without taking up spots on the active roster. Undrafted rookie free-agents are popular along with late-round draft picks. A player can be eligible if he does not have an accrued season in the NFL. To have an accrued season, you have to be active for at least six regular-season games.

A player can also go to the practice squad with an accrued season provided they were on the 45-man active roster for less than nine-regular season games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I was obviously joking because of the bad blood ever since we released him. It'll never happen.
    Nah I wasn't talkin bout you ballhawk...other posters are serious about that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Nah I wasn't talkin bout you ballhawk...other posters are serious about that idea.
    Oh alright.

looks like so far - S Rontez Miles,DE Tevita Finau, QB Matt Simms, OT Brent Qvale, TE Chris Pantale

See http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-practic...nings-tracker/

Jets Insider VIP
    Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 11s
    Jets waived LeQuan Lewis. #nyj

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 11s
    Jets waived LeQuan Lewis. #nyj
    Will probably end up back on the PS - taking the spot the Jets probably had hoped to use on Brandon Dixon. Damned Bucs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Will probably end up back on the PS - taking the spot the Jets probably had hoped to use on Brandon Dixon. Damned Bucs.
    Did I miss something and the Bucs claimed Dixon?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Did I miss something and the Bucs claimed Dixon?
    Not officially announced, but several tweets saying he is a Buc...including one from Dixon himself.

Veteran
    Not officially announced, but several tweets saying he is a Buc...including one from Dixon himself.
    Thanks, I had no idea and yes.....that does suck.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Cornerback Jumal Rolle has signed back with #Packers practice squad, per league source.
    I'm curious has to what about his play, people like.
    I guess he's a pretty good pass rusher for a CB, but his coverage was not very good.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Remember their are still a few FA CB's out there. Champ, Florence D. and a few others. I guess they'll see what this kid from Cleveland looks like, then decide.

WR Michael Preston got cut, have to bring him in. Had 5 catches in 1 start and 2 TDs last season. 6'5 and still only 24.

already updated his wiki - guess they were looking to get a 6th round pick back

edit;
    Tough cuts looking at the 53, not sure who else gets cut to sign other free agents;
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...f-bbe5c2532791
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 09-01-2014 at 06:45 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    already updated his wiki - guess they are looking to get a 6th round pick back
    Interesting that he is on their PS, not the 53 though. So it's either the Jets didn't want him back for their own PS (unlikely, given his raw talent) or he got offers from both the Jets and the Bucs and preferred the Bucs.

Interesting that he is on their PS, not the 53 though. So it's either the Jets didn't want him back for their own PS (unlikely, given his raw talent) or he got offers from both the Jets and the Bucs and preferred the Bucs.
    He is from Florida - too bad since he seemed a good developmental player - almost like losing a draft pick

Jets rolled the dice and Dixon was not ready yet - hard to find additional cuts in the the list of 53

and happy Richardson is still a Jet

Undrafted Free Agent
    So does that mean he cleared waivers and was a free agent and chose the Bucs over the Jets? Too bad.... he certainly had the physical tools to develop into nice player.

Same situation as last year with that WR who we cut and he chose Miami PS over ours, and then was cut this year by Miami. I think Dixon also will regret this move. Much easier to make our roster as a CB than TB's

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    So does that mean he cleared waivers and was a free agent and chose the Bucs over the Jets? Too bad.... he certainly had the physical tools to develop into nice player.

Same situation as last year with that WR who we cut and he chose Miami PS over ours, and then was cut this year by Miami. I think Dixon also will regret this move. Much easier to make our roster as a CB than TB's
    Yes, he cleared waivers before being signed to the Bucs' PS. It will be interesting to learn if the Jets made him an offer to join our PS. I guess, as Ohio State pointed out, that the fact Dixon is from Florida may have played a part in him choosing the Bucs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yes, he cleared waivers before being signed to the Bucs' PS. It will be interesting to learn if the Jets made him an offer to join our PS. I guess, as Ohio State pointed out, that the fact Dixon is from Florida may have played a part in him choosing the Bucs.

Can't fault the young man if that's the case. NY can be tough for a kid from down south. Having a good support system and Mom's
    cooking can go a long way towards becoming a better player.

All Pro
    Someone wants some info on us.....

RT @caplannfl: #Raiders signed CB Ras-I Dowling to their practice squad.