Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How could we lose to the Raidahs?

How could we lose to the Raidahs?

Anything can happen in the NFL so never is a game a sure thing.
    I personally don't see us losing this game but if we did what would you see as the biggest reason?

My answer would be:
    Giving up big plays in the passing game.
    God only knows who the starters will be & if Oakland were smart (hardly) they would be airing it out to test our beat up secondary. With the emphasis on holding & PI they could also get great field position via penalty.

Best possible Sunday scenario:
    Jets roll easily
    Pats get STUNNED by Miami in 100 degree heat & humidity. Gronk isn't ready & Pats Oline gets manhandled by Fins Dline. Brady leaves game with no specific injury, BB claims it's just general soreness.

All Pro
    Our secondary getting toasted would help us lose.

Geno regressing when the real bullets fly would be a sure fire way to lose as well.

This is a game we should win, but nothing is guaranteed....

Geno playing terrible is the way we lose this game. He needs to take care of the football. Other than that I see no other outcome than a Jets win.

Time to step up Geno, good teams don't lose to the Raiders at home.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I personally don't see us losing this game but if we did what would you see as the biggest reason?

My answer would be:
    God only knows who the starters will be & if Oakland were smart (hardly) they would be airing it out to test our beat up secondary. With the emphasis on holding & PI they could also get great field position via penalty.

Jets roll easily
    Pats get STUNNED by Miami in 100 degree heat & humidity. Gronk isn't ready & Pats Oline gets manhandled by Fins Dline. Brady leaves game with no specific injury, BB claims it's just general soreness.
    Gronk will never be ready again.

Pray for Schwab to start

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Our secondary getting toasted would help us lose.

Geno regressing when the real bullets fly would be a sure fire way to lose as well.

This is a game we should win, but nothing is guaranteed....
    What he said. If the Raiders attack our dbs, there is going to be big chance that we loose. With this teams ability to make pedestrian Qb's look all world, will be the difference.

No way the Jets lose to da raider. Not happening

Banned
    Why the negative connotation?

How about how we can win?

Maybe I'll start an opposing thread.

If Carr starts, this game will be closer than most people think. The Jets need to shut down the run game and the offense needs to be efficient. The Jets are a better team than the Raiders but if MJD and McFadden get going, it could be an embarassing home opener.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    If Carr starts, this game will be closer than most people think. The Jets need to shut down the run game and the offense needs to be efficient. The Jets are a better team than the Raiders but if MJD and McFadden get going, it could be an embarassing home opener.
    Yeah, because he threw for yardage against 3rd stringers in the 4th preseason game.

And of course if they run well and pass well they could win.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    Why the negative connotation?

How about how we can win?

Maybe I'll start an opposing thread.
    I said I think we'll win. So did every Pats fan in the 2010 playoffs.
    We are coming into this game without what we thought would be our starting CBs.

If you can't beat an average ball club in the curtain raiser in front of your own fans, you have no business talking about this team being +500.

Whether it be a poor QB like Schaub or a rookie getting his 1st pro career start, the Jets should be winning this game.

We should be popping out of our skin for this game.

Jets Insider VIP
    The worst thing for us was carr playing well the other night. If schaub plays, the jets would win by 20. With carr, it will be much more competetive.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    If you can't beat an average ball club in the curtain raiser in front of your own fans, you have no business talking about this team being +500.

Whether it be a poor QB like Schaub or a rookie getting his 1st pro career start, the Jets should be winning this game.

We should be popping out of our skin for this game.
    I agree with everything you just said.

Lost in all the cb drama is the fact this offense could be pretty darn good. Our rb tandem is elite and our passing options look a helluva lot better than last year. Add in the fact geno has looked greatly improved in year two and we will finally have a offense that can put up 28 points a game consistently.

Also our d-line should be psyched out of their minds ready to kill whichever qb is back there! GO JETS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The worst thing for us was carr playing well the other night. If schaub plays, the jets would win by 20. With carr, it will be much more competetive.
    Carr played well the other night in a meaningless game against backups looking at vanilla defenses, he's a god damn rookie starting his 1st pro game against one of the best front 7's in football, and against a coach renowned for chewing rookie QB's snd giving looks he will never have seen in his worst nightmares.

If we are scared of Derek Carr we have serious issues deeper than I can comprehend.

How can anybody think that the rookie second round pick Derek Carr will come in and score a lot of points against one of the most complex defenses in the NFL?

Rex Ryan eats rookie quarterbacks alive.

Bewildered Beast
    Bad thread title for a mushroom holiday weekend. I actually felt my heart break.

I got better.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

My answer would be:

Jets roll easily
    I can think of 91275 ways we could lose

Say what you want about the Raiders. They have a huge OL, and a very good crop of RB's.If thay run against us, even Shaub can have sucsess throwing against our secondary

Rookie
    For those interested: The line has gone up to 5 1/2 on some boards, and to 5 otherwise, from what started at 4 in some places. Prolly in lieu of the QB issue. We're a solid favorite favorite now. I'm pessimistic of Oakland getting off to a good start, but ya never know.

Is rather face Schaub then Carr. I know he is a rookie but he has a strong arm which posies a bigger risk given our secondary