Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jets claim CB Mcfadden

All League
    I read the Pro Football Weekly scouting report on McFadden and he was pretty highly rated (2nd - 3rd
    round pick). No disrespect but I'll wait and watch him for myself before I determine what he is. I'm
    not going to base my opinion on what a random fan has to say

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I read the Pro Football Weekly scouting report on McFadden and he was pretty highly rated (2nd - 3rd
    round pick). No disrespect but I'll wait and watch him for myself before I determine what he is. I'm
    maybe he didn't get along with the new coaching staff.

Not only that, but Rex knows CB's...

if this article is accurate, they may be coachable mistakes. maybe DT and McDonald can work some magic, McFadden's still a young pup.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/8/...-leon-mcfadden
    "McFadden received more playing time than any other Browns cornerback this preseason due to injuries atop the depth chart. Although McFadden had tight coverage, he was repeatedly flagged by officials for penalties. If everyone else on the depth chart is healthy, the Browns didn't really need McFadden, although it's a blemish on last year's draft, considering he was a third-round pick. McFadden is actually eligible for the practice squad, though, if nobody claims him."

Banned
    John has a good track record in picking guys up like this since he's arrived. Let's not write this guy off just yet.

Browns have a potentially great CB combo with Haden and Gilbert and they kept 12 defensive backs so this could be a good pickup

I wonder if this is a sign that Rex and Pettine are talking again or if this will create more drama?

Jets Insider VIP
    well stated. The Doom and Gloom Squad is out in full force. I think KRL is spot on! No rush to judgement!

Whos to say McDoogle would of been any better than McFadden? They were both 3 rd round picks and Fadden already has a year under his belt and draft gurus said the Jets picked McDougle too high. Lets give McFadden a chance. Hes young and fast.

All Pro

jets claim CB Mcfadden

Lol he is on NFL network right now looking awful

I know the jets liked him last year .

Quote Originally Posted by greenbacker View Post
    if this article is accurate, they may be coachable mistakes. maybe DT and McDonald can work some magic, McFadden's still a young pup.

"McFadden received more playing time than any other Browns cornerback this preseason due to injuries atop the depth chart. Although McFadden had tight coverage, he was repeatedly flagged by officials for penalties. If everyone else on the depth chart is healthy, the Browns didn't really need McFadden, although it's a blemish on last year's draft, considering he was a third-round pick. McFadden is actually eligible for the practice squad, though, if nobody claims him."
    Repeatedly flagged by the officials?
    Who wasn't this preseason? Might be a good sign. They said Revis was flagged repeatedly by the officials in their joint practices with the Eagles. Pettine was blessed with a stable of CBs in Cleveland let's hope he paid Rex back for bringing him along to NY.
    Coaches don't take that stuff lightly.
    Without Rex, Pettine might never have gotten a chance to be a headcoach. Pretty high profile getting to 2 AFCCGs.

Jets Insider VIP

Red face

Lol. We picked up somebody else's trash and people wonder why he's not a superstar. Two things: he obviously knows the system (at least familiar), is young and he has athletic skill, speed, and size - I'll take him at the bottom of the roster

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Lol. We picked up somebody else's trash and people wonder why he's not a superstar. Two things: he obviously knows the system (at least familiar), is young and he has athletic skill, speed, and size - I'll take him at the bottom of the roster
    Exactly we needed another body at CB

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Repeatedly flagged by the officials? Who wasn't this preseason? Might be a good sign.
    good point! almost forgot about flag fest 2014. does seem like a stupid thing to beat a CB up for given the obscene over emphasis this summer.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Exactly we needed another body at CB
    Because Dixon went to the Buc's??

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lol he is on NFL network right now looking awful

I know the jets liked him last year .
    Was just going to post this. He was having a difficult time against the Bears....Every Jet fan on this board would have wanted him cut if he was a Jet after watching that game. Hope Rex can work with him.

Repeatedly flagged by the officials?
    Who wasn't this preseason?
    i've been wondering about this. i think this year will be interesting to see if even the top cbs are getting nailed for PI and holding. if they are, it may ultimately devalue the position. maybe you can get by with average cbs if you have good safeties and a good pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by greenbacker View Post

One positive is you have to have decent coverage to be flagged by officials. The new tighter rules I think will affect Revis and others more than the sub par CB's we have. And maybe that's why no major moves have been made. Just a thought.