Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 153

Thread: Ryan Mallett traded to Texans

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I would just like Pat fans to admit Beli is a mediocre at best GM.
    I'll admit he's league average. But there are some truly awful GMs in this league and BB doesn't deserve that category. He hits and misses like everyone else. NFL talent evaluation is really, really hard and no team has a long-term advantage in this area.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,335
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I'll admit he's league average. But there are some truly awful GMs in this league and BB doesn't deserve that category. He hits and misses like everyone else. NFL talent evaluation is really, really hard and no team has a long-term advantage in this area.
    The Tuna sucked as a GM IMO..

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Who the **** cares what he was projected to be, the Pats giving up on him render him a bust until further notice. Man you are a dumbass homer.
    Do you believe that Geno was a solid value pick?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So they draft this kid in the 3rd round, develop him for 3 years...and trade him for a 6th round pick?

    Can someone remind me how Belichick is such a genius when it comes to the draft?

    Pats fans have said for the last couple years that they'd get at least a 2nd round pick for Mallett.
    Enough and well- said/end thread.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    This is a Jets board. We can criticize Beli for EVERYTHING!
    I concede you have a valid point there. What was I thinking?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Do you believe that Geno was a solid value pick?
    Still to be determined... he improved after he got benched... he was in the top eight over the final four games..

    I realize that isn't the whole season but it is more encouraging then him falling apart and tanking it.. then winning the job this season..

    If Vick starts any games this season for any reason other than injury then we can probably answer that question in your favor..

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So they draft this kid in the 3rd round, develop him for 3 years...and trade him for a 6th round pick?

    Can someone remind me how Belichick is such a genius when it comes to the draft?

    Pats fans have said for the last couple years that they'd get at least a 2nd round pick for Mallett.
    It all comes back to the Patsies getting lucky in the 6th round in 2000.

    I guess that was Belicheat's genius.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Still to be determined... he improved after he got benched... he was in the top eight over the final four games..

    I realize that isn't the whole season but it is more encouraging then him falling apart and tanking it.. then winning the job this season..

    If Vick starts any games this season for any reason other than injury then we can probably answer that question in your favor..

    My only point was that Geno was once considered a projected first-rounder who dropped to the 2nd, and the move was widely praised for its "value." RayRay appears to claim that it doesn't matter what your draft projection is when evaluating draft picks, and so therefore there's no such thing as a value pick.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    My only point was that Geno was once considered a projected first-rounder who dropped to the 2nd, and the move was widely praised for its "value." RayRay appears to claim that it doesn't matter what your draft projection is when evaluating draft picks, and so therefore there's no such thing as a value pick.
    He was our 3rd pick in that draft. And if he looks like he did in the last 4 games of last year and first 3 PS this year, that's pretty fvcking GREAT and means we will have a better QB than your fraud of a team for a VERY long time before too long.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    He was our 3rd pick in that draft. And if he looks like he did in the last 4 games of last year and first 3 PS this year, that's pretty fvcking GREAT and means we will have a better QB than your fraud of a team for a VERY long time before too long.
    if

    if

    if

    I'm not afraid to come back and eat crow, assuming I'm not banned.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Can someone remind me how Belichick is such a genius when it comes to the draft?
    The reminder is in their results. While the Jets each year look for high "value" picks, moving up and down boards, trading for or signing the next free agent, NE quietly drafts toward and then fields a perennial contender. But, hey, we get "value."

    2001 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Raiders) 1613 (OT)
    Won Conference Championship (Steelers) 2417
    Won Super Bowl XXXVI(1) (Rams) 2017

    2002 - 2nd in AFC East

    2003 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Titans) 1714
    Won Conference Championship (Colts) 2414
    Won Super Bowl XXXVIII(2) (Panthers) 3229

    2004 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Colts) 203
    Won Conference Championship (Steelers) 4127
    Won Super Bowl XXXIX(3) (Eagles) 2421

    2005 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Wild Card Playoffs (Jaguars) 283
    Lost Divisional Playoffs (Broncos) 2713

    2006 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Wild Card Playoffs (Jets) 3716
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Chargers) 2421
    Lost Conference Championship (Colts) 3834

    2007 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Jaguars) 3120
    Won Conference Championship (Chargers) 2112
    Lost Super Bowl XLII (Giants) 1714

    2008 - 2nd in AFC East

    2009 - 1st in AFC East
    Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Ravens) 3314

    2010 - 1st in AFC East
    Lost Divisional Playoffs (Jets) 2821

    2011 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Broncos) 4510
    Won Conference Championship (Ravens) 2320
    Lost Super Bowl XLVI (Giants) 2117

    2012 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Texans) 4128
    Lost Conference Championship (Ravens) 2813

    2013 - 1st in AFC East
    Won Divisional Playoffs (Colts) 43-22
    Lost Conference Championship (Broncos) 2616

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    My only point was that Geno was once considered a projected first-rounder who dropped to the 2nd, and the move was widely praised for its "value." RayRay appears to claim that it doesn't matter what your draft projection is when evaluating draft picks, and so therefore there's no such thing as a value pick.
    Well at the time it seemed that way... it is always a future determination scenario..

    I don't think the Jets went into the draft looking to land Geno... because if they coveted him they could have simply drafted him in the first round and I don't think there would have been much criticism..... when it got to the second they felt he was clearly the best available player at a position that was definitely a potential need..

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    if

    if

    if

    I'm not afraid to come back and eat crow, assuming I'm not banned.
    Only 1 "if" and it's not that big if you been paying attention.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    My only point was that Geno was once considered a projected first-rounder who dropped to the 2nd, and the move was widely praised for its "value." RayRay appears to claim that it doesn't matter what your draft projection is when evaluating draft picks, and so therefore there's no such thing as a value pick.
    Wrong dumbass, you're barking about a player's value 3 years ago, and how we shouldn't criticize Bilicheck for the move when he was just cut.

    Geno is entering year 2, how the **** do either of these player situations even compare?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-31-2014 at 09:18 PM.

  15. #55
    Jets cut a second rounder. Let's revolve an entire thread around the pats trading a third rounder and only getting a conditional late round pick. Make sense to anyone else?

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569

    Ryan Mallett traded to Texans

    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Well at the time it seemed that way... it is always a future determination scenario..

    I don't think the Jets went into the draft looking to land Geno... because if they coveted him they could have simply drafted him in the first round and I don't think there would have been much criticism..... when it got to the second they felt he was clearly the best available player at a position that was definitely a potential need..
    Idzik said he considered taking Geno in the first. He smartly looked at the teams between his last pick in the 1st and their top of the 2nd pick and didn't think there was any chance that he would get taken, barring a trade. So they rolled the dice and walked away with the DROY and hopefully their QB for the next 10 years.

    No matter, smart GM work.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Jets cut a second rounder. Let's revolve an entire thread around the pats trading a third rounder and only getting a conditional late round pick. Make sense to anyone else?
    Jet fans weren't calling Hill a stud, weren't predicting he would bring a higher pick than the pick he cost us if traded.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wrong dumbass, you're barking about a player's value 3 years ago, and how we shouldn't criticize Bilicheck for the move when he was just cut.

    Geno is entering year 2, how the **** do either of these player situations even compare?
    I have never said anything about Mallett's value. But if you want to call Geno a "value pick" then Mallett was a "value pick." Different reasons and circumstances, but the philosophy was the same. The Jets had a board just like the Pats, and a guy near their top fell to them.

  19. #59
    The Pats, Jets, Dolphins and Bills are really all in the same spot. Looking for "that guy" for the next ten to fifteen years.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Jet fans weren't calling Hill a stud, weren't predicting he would bring a higher pick than the pick he cost us if traded.
    For every moronic Patriots fan who thought the Patriots would flip a 3rd round pick who was unlikely to ever play a regular season game for a package of picks that would exceed the Ricky Williams and Herschel Walker bounties combined, there was an "optimistic" Jets fan trumpeting the second coming of Calvin Johnson.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us