Thread: Brandon Dixon to the Bucs PS

All Pro

Brandon Dixon to the Bucs PS

Well that sucks- losing a 6th rd pick who I thought looked promising. I watched for him all yesterday to join our PS. He had some tight coverage this preseason and has all the physical tools. I was surprised the new pick up made the 53 over him.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Well that sucks- losing a 6th rd pick who I thought looked promising. I watched for him all yesterday to join our PS. He had some tight coverage this preseason and has all the physical tools. I was surprised the new pick up made the 53 over him.
    The new pickup, Leon McFadden, was a 3rd round pick in last years' draft for the Browns (No.68 overall). Evidently, the Jets feel he is a better prospect.

All Pro
    Yup, I was very disappointed by this one too. The guy is green, but you can see the raw talent and natural cover ability. With a year or two of polish, he could emerge as a quality depth CB.

Stoopid Bucs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Did he choose the Bucs over us or did we simply pass?

He went to bucs PS, not picked up on waivers. So presumably either the jets didn't want him for their PS or he chose to go to the bucs. Oh well.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Did he choose the Bucs over us or did we simply pass?
    We don't know yet, but difficult to imagine the Jets didn't want him back given his raw talent and our dire need for CBs.

I'll assume Jets must not have really wanted him back, given that he was released in favor of a well-traveled veteran (Lewis) who was released within a day of being kept over Dixon. If they did want him, not sure why they didn't just waive Lewis instead and then try to sneak Dixon through if they claimed a player they liked better.

Undrafted Free Agent
    We can always pick him off their PS an add him to the 53 if we feel we lost such a promising young player.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Yup, I was very disappointed by this one too. The guy is green, but you can see the raw talent and natural cover ability. With a year or two of polish, he could emerge as a quality depth CB.

Stoopid Bucs.

All League
    is Dixon the only one of our cuts who has been picked up by another team -- either claimed on waivers to the 53 or put on a PS?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Appears to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    is Dixon the only one of our cuts who has been picked up by another team -- either claimed on waivers to the 53 or put on a PS?