Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen to start at CB against Raiders.

Hall Of Fame

Allen to start at CB against Raiders.

@BrianCoz: Antonio Allen said he has been told he is starting at CB on Sunday #nyj

That probably means Milliner is not playing, so Allen, Walls at CB and Landry and Pryor at safety.

All Pro
    This is great news!

I trust Allen to hold it down at CB more than any real CB we have on his roster not named Milliner.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    This is great news!

I trust Allen to hold it down at CB more than any real CB we have on his roster not named Milliner.
    What he said.

Bad news, if your solution to an injury is to move a good looking safety prospect into the starting roll rather than some of your developmental CBs' it's a worry. If I am the Raiders I am going after him early and often. He's a guy I like a great deal but he should be playing safety.

(We should beat the Raiders in any case.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Sucks that Milliner is out, not just because we won't have him at corner, but also because it deprives us of having Pryor and Allen as the starting safeties.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Sucks that Milliner is out, not just because we won't have him at corner, but also because it deprives us of having Pryor and Allen as the starting safeties.
    Agreed. It weakens two areas. The Milliner injury is really the most critical. If he is healthy at corner, and Pryor and Allen at safety, it makes having Walls or whoever at CB2, much easier to scheme around.

Allen and Milliner will be the starting CB's if everybody is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Allen and Milliner will be the starting CB's if everybody is healthy.
    Best we can hope for now. We should have resigned Chromartie and his cousin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Bad news, if your solution to an injury is to move a good looking safety prospect into the starting roll rather than some of your developmental CBs' it's a worry. If I am the Raiders I am going after him early and often. He's a guy I like a great deal but he should be playing safety.

You play to win the game. You do what's best to win this week and hopefully when Milner is back we can move him back to Safety. We're not harming his progression, we're making a one week adjustment to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    You play to win the game. You do what's best to win this week and hopefully when Milner is back we can move him back to Safety. We're not harming his progression, we're making a one week adjustment to win this game.
    Your 100% right, you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Last edited by Heynowguy; 09-02-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Banned
    No kidding, Herm. You do what you think gives you the best chance of winning...I don't understand this worrying crap. It's a useless, destructive emotion. Try being confident. And do your best. So what if our safety turns out to be better than the backup CB's. That's what it is. You can't change it. You can't wish it was something it isn't. You do your best and move on. It's not Madden, it's not utopia, it's life. You get dealt bad hands and you do what you can to get through - see it as a challenge. And see it as a positive - you're giving Allen great experience as well as Walls and they're better for it and the team is better for it.

This is an opportunity, not a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

What if he is actually your 2nd best corner though? He played very well in preseason even against AJ Green. There was a bias against large CBs that has been broken down by the Seahawks and Allen has fast enough hips and speed to play. I do not think it was a "creative" move by Idzik listing him as CB, I think that is his spot now.

Has it been stated Milliner is out?

Hall Of Fame
    I think Allen could be a competent CB if he plays to his strengths and utilizes his size. I think he should play more man and use his hands at the LOS.

Jets Insider VIP
    However, it is in a game where we have a high probability of winning and at home.

That gives Milliner an extra week to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed. It weakens two areas. The Milliner injury is really the most critical. If he is healthy at corner, and Pryor and Allen at safety, it makes having Walls or whoever at CB2, much easier to scheme around.
    they gotta get to the qb this year...would really help...take that half second away... makes all he diff...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Best of a bad situation

My comment has nothing to do with Milliner. It has every thing to do with the Patricks and Dowlings and etc of the world that were our development CB's. We get an injury to out top CB in Milliner and instead of adding he next guy on the list we are changing a S to a CB on short notice, that is not good. Hey I hope AA is revelation at CB and becomes a full time starter. I just don't think that is going to happen and we are going to have a few games where he just gets killed by a good receiver.

Could be worse. At least we know AA will show up for the game.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    No kidding, Herm. You do what you think gives you the best chance of winning...I don't understand this worrying crap. It's a useless, destructive emotion. Try being confident. And do your best. So what if our safety turns out to be better than the backup CB's. That's what it is. You can't change it. You can't wish it was something it isn't. You do your best and move on. It's not Madden, it's not utopia, it's life. You get dealt bad hands and you do what you can to get through - see it as a challenge. And see it as a positive - you're giving Allen great experience as well as Walls and they're better for it and the team is better for it.

This is an opportunity, not a failure.
    Well said Drunk Ol' Joe . Not bad for an inebriate. Cheers Brother

Last edited by JohnJ; 09-02-2014 at 07:18 PM.