Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So...why are some people so pissed again?

JetsInsider.com Legend

So...why are some people so pissed again?

Our problems look easily correctable to me.

I don't know about you, but I thought it was pretty damn refreshing to see an offense capable of sustaining drives and moving the ball downfield with relative ease. And don't even give me crap about how "It was the Raiders". Our offense has looked completely inept over the past few years even against the bottom feeders of the league.

Geno completed 80% of his passes, Ivory and CJ looked fantastic, the run defense was flatout dominant, and the secondary didn't look like the total sh*t show that everyone was making it out to be.

Basically, cut down on the penalties and the cutesy offensive calls in the redzone and we look like we can definitely make a playoff push.

Because Darrin Walls isn't Revis and, honestly idk what else. Our defense had Carr wetting himself, Ivory and Johnson looked amazing, and our WRs and TEs played solid although this was against the team which picked #2 overall so obviously penalties need to be cleaned up to at least split the next four games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Oh, and aside from the penalties...the OL looked completely dominant.

Geno had at least 4-5 seconds on damn near every throw and they opened up some big holes for the running game.

All League
    Without ten extremely dodgy ref calls this is a 21 point win at least

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Geno had at least 4-5 seconds on damn near every throw and they opened up some big holes for the running game.
    They did great although that strip sack of Geno is making me question some of the protections MM calls, one thing we are missing is a TE who can block.

Veteran
    Thank you for some rational thinking. You think I'd be used to it by now but it's unbelievable to read some of these reactions.

All League
    OL was as good as we've seen in a while and Geno looks poised and in control,couple if youthful errors but I never thought the result was in doubt and but for a couple of bad calls and errors it's a blowout....think the Raiders will be a wildcard contender and they got completely molested all day but were allowed to hang around.Good teams win when not at their best and there's plenty to work on but I'm happy

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Score was a lot closer than the play on the field was..

For me, I think any disappointment stems from the inability to come up with the big play. (Ivory's run aside) Salas' inability to make a tough catch in the end zone, Pryor's drop of a pick six, Walls' dropped int, the inability to recover an opponent's fumble.. Make a few of those and this game is a lot different. I'm also not thrilled with the penalties, albeit a few of the ref's calls and non calls were absurd.. but Colon in particular needs to settle down.

All in all, it was a solid win. Geno was accurate. The RBs looked good. Decker looks like a #1 to me. And the defense played as well as we thought they would. Looking forward to GB

All Pro
    If Salas catches that TD pass that would have been a different game!

All Pro

Geno had "Brady time" to throw. (well, what used to be Brady time).

All League
    Monday so much better when Jets win...even better if Pats lose too...

I don't know about you, but I thought it was pretty damn refreshing to see an offense capable of sustaining drives and moving the ball downfield with relative ease. And don't even give me crap about how "It was the Raiders". Our offense has looked completely inept over the past few years even against the bottom feeders of the league.

Geno completed 80% of his passes, Ivory and CJ looked fantastic, the run defense was flatout dominant, and the secondary didn't look like the total sh*t show that everyone was making it out to be.

Basically, cut down on the penalties and the cutesy offensive calls in the redzone and we look like we can definitely make a playoff push.
    I think the "what could have been" elements of this game will create some negativity about the final score. What could have been 35-10 was 19-14. But 19-14 is a million times better than a loss. We know how miscues we made today end up costing you against better teams so I think the optimism for some fans will be tempered for now until we see them against better competition. I am confident that they can clean up the mistakes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I think the "what could have been" elements of this game will create some negativity about the final score. What could have been 35-10 was 19-14. But 19-14 is a million times better than a loss. We know how miscues we made today end up costing you against better teams so I think the optimism for some fans will be tempered for now until we see them against better competition. I am confident that they can clean up the mistakes.
    I like how pissed off Rex looked at the end..suggests he knows that better than anyone and that hard work lies ahead and that there should be no complacency about his win

All Pro
    Playing devil's advocate ... i think this is what annoys a lot of fans. The reason that yesterday's game wasn't a much wider margin was 100% our own doing - mistakes, penalties etc. But these are the sorts of things that we've had all off-season / training camp to address. So why are they still so prevalent?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset with yesterday's win, I saw a lot to be encouraged by, especially Geno (who will be the factor that makes or breaks our season IMHO). But the continued failings in some of our fundamentals do irk me, and could cost us later in the season against a better opponent.

I hope, like the poster above says, that Rex really does do something to address this ... but I'm not expecting miracles, as he should have drilled this into people already.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    If Salas catches that TD pass that would have been a different game!
    Different, like, we would have won the game by more?

Coulda, woulda.....the 'W' is in our column, and that is all that matters.

Hall Of Fame

+1

Every negative aspect from yesterday is correctable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    +1

Every negative aspect from yesterday is correctable.
    almost. the penalties? yes. Geno not sliding? Heck, he fixed it in the 2nd half.

The Salas and Pryor drops? Maybe those were coincidental anomalies. That'd be great.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    almost. the penalties? yes. Geno not sliding? Heck, he fixed it in the 2nd half.

The Salas and Pryor drops? Maybe those were coincidental anomalies. That'd be great.
    Salas is pretty reliable, in general. Not worried about a pattern. In fact, he redeemed himself (somewhat) by recovering the on-side kick. Pryor's hands aren't nearly as important to the Jets success but I bet he'll hold on to the next one. I'd be much more upset about those two plays if we didn't get the W but it is ridiculous that the score was close considering the utter domination on both sides of the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post

Agreed. The Salas and Pryor drops should have been side notes if the first two problems were erased (penalties and sliding).

Anyways, most games come down to a few plays, so the point is moot. I hope the whole team is p*ssed the game came down to an onsides kick.

Hall Of Fame
    Why?

1) These are the same easily correctable problems we have had the last 3 to 4 years thus they are not easily correctable. Say what you will about mangini but in his time here he made it a priority not to take dumb penalties.

2) The Jets have no clue how to totally close out a game on offense or defense, this has been the same issue pretty well each year for rex. Even games we win at the end our defense usually just lets the other team coast down the field easily on their last drive. Rex Ryan totally takes his foot off the gas late in games.