Thread: MM and Geno Smith

All Pro

MM and Geno Smith

Geno Smith is going to be a VERY VERY good QB. He played a great game. Salas drops an easy TD. Marty M called a good game (minus the Michael Vick crap at the goal line). Geno can do at all. Good win.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Geno Smith is going to be a VERY VERY good QB. He played a great game. Salas drops an easy TD. Marty M called a good game (minus the Michael Vick crap at the goal line). Geno can do at all. Good win.
    It always frustrates me when the interrupt their drive for some trickery when their offense is rolling.

Hall Of Fame
    MM could make Ron Jeremy a great QB. He's that good at what he does.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Marty is a very good play designer and caller but we need to ditch the wildcat, read option and Vick packages.

Unchain Geno and let him sink or swim. No more *****footing. It is obvious they don't trust him when the game is on the line. You can wins some games but you are never going to win a championship like that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    An "easy" TD? You're joking.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh stop with the overreaction of using the wildcat, it's still a weapon. They ran it twice, big deal, Geno was in complete command, nothing wrong with throwing a wrinkle, especially in the first game when there is nothing on tape.

Vick will continue to be a weapon that the Jets SHOULD have a small package for him every now and then, to keep defenses guessing. It didn't work today, if it had, it's brilliant.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think Marty is a very good play designer and caller but we need to ditch the wildcat, read option and Vick packages.

Unchain Geno and let him sink or swim. No more *****footing. It is obvious they don't trust him when the game is on the line. You can wins some games but you are never going to win a championship like that.
    I mostly agree with this, but it just might be conservative natural. I was watching the Falcons-Saints game and the Falcons were in rough field goal position (around a 55 yard field goal). What does the OC call? Two runs and a short PA pass. Granted Bryant made the field goal, but it was from 52 yards! Matt Ryan is an established, solid QB who was having a great day, yet the Falcons didn't take any shots to move down the field and make it a more manageable field goal.

Let's hope they start giving Smith more responsibility.

All League
    True. Geno look like a different player. AA was lights out at corner.