Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this fanbase know how to be happy?

Hall Of Fame

Does this fanbase know how to be happy?

They were sloppy. OK. BUT THEY WON.

By not being happy that they won and just going straight to the negatives immediately, it not only seems to disregard the effort of the players that played well and it takes all of the fun out of the winning.

Winning a game in the NFL is never easy, look at the Rich Kotite years. SO while I do agree that there are things to work on, have some happiness for tonight.

All League
    Nope

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Nope
    Then they need to learn

Hall Of Fame
    The worst part of it, the Jets dominated all game long.

The fumble took away what would have been a TD drive in all probability

The penalties killed drives. The Decker penalty was absolutely bull****, they convert that, the Jets are driving again deep into Raider territory

The Jets should have been up by 21 pts in the first half.

The TO's and penalties are all correctable mistakes. Week 1 is always an adventure, teams are playing their first full game with their starters and rotation players, working new players into their systems. There is a reason why teams play better by mid-season and the term "mid-season form" is used a lot, it means team aren't playing at their optimum level yet.

Take away the turnovers and the penalties, the Jets dominate

They already dominated 400+ yds to 158

This fan base is downright clueless sometimes!

All League
    the internet is for complaining, and the naysayers are still vastly outnumbered by the happy fans. you're painting with too broad a brush.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

By not being happy that they won and just going straight to the negatives immediately, it not only seems to disregard the effort of the players that played well and it takes all of the fun out of the winning.

Winning a game in the NFL is never easy, look at the Rich Kotite years. SO while I do agree that there are things to work on, have some happiness for tonight.
    You worry WAY too much about how OTHER people are feeling. Enjoy the win the way you like, and let others deal with it the way they want. Your constant whining about what people should be thinking about the Jets is brutal.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I was really pleased after this game. My only serious gripe was with Willie Colon and his 50+ penalty yards. Other than that, I actually have some true hope this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You worry WAY too much about how OTHER people are feeling. Enjoy the win the way you like, and let others deal with it the way they want. Your constant whining about what people should be thinking about the Jets is brutal.
    What did I miss??? Who's complaining? We beat them up and down. Game was not as close as the score.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    What did I miss??? Who's complaining? We beat them up and down. Game was not as close as the score.

I don't know, if one person isn't 1,000% happy with the Jets, Eckesg1 lets everyone know how they should feel.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know, if one person isn't 1,000% happy with the Jets, Eckesg1 lets everyone know how they should feel.
    In another thread... comments about lack of discipline and penalties was heavily discussed. Legit discussion but I thought we played well overall.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm tired of all this "yeah buts" for this team. At least hold off for a day before starting to criticize. And don't be complaining with sweeping statements about Rex and so forth when there is no evidence.

Do I pay too much attention to other people? Probably, but that's who I am. It's hard to be positive amongst naysayers

Veteran
    I love all of you and your unhappy Jets nature. You are perfect just the way you are

Hall Of Fame
    Our fanbase is fine. Ive only been a fan for roughly 20 years but some of us haven't seen a SB in 45 years. Its hard to err on the side of optimism if you are a Jets fan. Cut us some slack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You should know by now their enjoyment lies in failure so when the team wins they have to dwell on negatives in order to deal with a win.. I saw negatives today as well, Geno's ball handling,way too many penalties etc but a win is a win, I'll take it and hope they correct the problems for GB.. I was a Met fan in the 60's but when they started winning they lost alot of their negative fan base that loved to whine..

Hall Of Fame
    I'm tired of all this "yeah buts" for this team. At least hold off for a day before starting to criticize. And don't be complaining with sweeping statements about Rex and so forth when there is no evidence.

Do I pay too much attention to other people? Probably, but that's who I am. It's hard to be positive amongst naysayers
    You have serious issues.

All Pro
    I think about 95% of the fans are instep as are Rex and the team- dominant performance that didn't translate to the scoreboard due to ugly turnovers and killer penalties...happy for a win but far from satisfied.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Our fanbase is fine. Ive only been a fan for roughly 20 years but some of us haven't seen a SB in 45 years. Its hard to err on the side of optimism if you are a Jets fan. Cut us some slack.
    But I think we focus on that so much that we lose the thrill of small victories. we get too wrapped up in that.

Maybe it is a credit to the fact that we haven't really had a losing year in awhile.

Hall Of Fame
    You have serious issues.
    I am aware of that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I think about 95% of the fans are instep as are Rex and the team- dominant performance that didn't translate to the scoreboard due to ugly turnovers and killer penalties...happy for a win but far from satisfied.
    Agreed.

Hall Of Fame
    Probably, but that's who I am.
    And that is your right. But stop being a hypocrite. You ask people to accept you for who you are but do not reciprocate.