Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TMZ Releases Elevator Knockout Video of Ray Rice + Wife

All League

TMZ Releases Elevator Knockout Video of Ray Rice + Wife

This is really bad. Total human scum like this has no place in professional sports. Rice is beyond lucky to still be getting paid to play football.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-ri...g-punch-video/

All League
    Agree and the knockout was bad, but the dragging of the limp body was just as bad. Goodell must have some serious love for the Ravens...

Charter JI Member
    Not sure how anyone can gloss that over, just horrible.

Goodell, nice work.

All Pro
    Goodell's recent conversion to a sensitivity to domestic violence is nothing more than a lame, too little too late, transparent PR move. His true feelings about the worlds' biggest and strongest athletes beating women was revealed by the wrist-slap he gave Rice. And don't tell me that we didn't have this video when he handed down that punishment. We did have the other video of him dragging her out of the elevator like a cro-magnon man, which told us all we needed to know.

Hall Of Fame
    The fact that the prosecutor and the NFL both saw this video before handing out their discipline is disgusting. If any of us did that we would be in jail and probably lose our jobs.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow. This guy should have been suspended for the year. What a creep. I used to like Rice b.c he did a lot of good stuff but some things can't be undone. No excuse for this savagery.

What a joke the league has become. I hope this blows up in their faces. Next month they all will be wearing pink wristbands and cleats. Bunch of phonies.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The fact that the prosecutor and the NFL both saw this video before handing out their discipline is disgusting. If any of us did that we would be in jail and probably lose our jobs.
    I agree and his wife should be ashamed too although I think she has the mentality of a battered woman that keeps going back. How she went up on that stage int he presser and took "responsibility" for her part was scary. What part? He was hammer, she was the nail.

The way this all went down made you believe that she attacked him and there were some extenuating circumstances. I bought that bullsh1t and was willing to let it go. After seeing this video I am sick.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-08-2014 at 09:18 AM.

All League
    listen, I'm not even playing devil's advocate here, I'm just asking, but didn't she refuse to press charges? I know the state can pursue charges without her, but it's tough.

Goodell is gonna eat a lot of schidt for this one. Rightfully so.

Veteran
    That was hard to watch.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    listen, I'm not even playing devil's advocate here, I'm just asking, but didn't she refuse to press charges? I know the state can pursue charges without her, but it's tough.

She is a battered woman. I would like to think she passed some sort of psychological counseling or testing for them to buy her story. The video speaks for itself. This was a crime.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    She is a battered woman. I would like to think she passed some sort of psychological counseling or testing for them to buy her story. The video speaks for itself. This was a crime.
    the cynic in me says it's about money. maybe not; maybe it's about love and reform and forgiveness.

maybe money.

Hall Of Fame

I think the DA still has the ability to go forward with charges even if the victim refuses to press charges.

All League
    I think the DA still has the ability to go forward with charges even if the victim refuses to press charges.
    speaking from experience, yes. also from experience, it's hard and not often done.

Hall Of Fame
    speaking from experience, yes. also from experience, it's hard and not often done.
    True, but the whole crime was caught on video, I would think in this instance it would be much easier.

All League
    True, but the whole crime was caught on video, I would think in this instance it would be much easier.
    I'm sure. My guess is it falls on the jurisdiction. Some places have a no drop policy.

Hall Of Fame
    Really hope the media descends upon Baltimore and makes things impossible for them. Let them ask Harbaugh how he explains what happened to his teenage daughter that is always on the sidelines with him.

Bisciotti is a joke too. The team should suspend him for the year. The whole everyone should respect a husband and wife's privacy schitick is an insult to the public's intelligence.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sickening.

No other words.

WTF was Goodell thinking?

Rookie
    While I could understand fans being in uproar about the suspension why wasn't he charged. There is something missing. The police have nothing to gain by keeping this quiet unlike the NFL. I don't for a second believe all the uproar is because people are concerned about his wife neither. That is just a smoke screen for some people. This video looks like there's no way he wouldn't be put in jail and convicted so why wasn't he. This is like a murderer being sent to anger management class. This isn't the whole thing from start to finish. I cannot see why he stayed out of jail if this is all there is.

Veteran
    Isn't one of the members of this board an attorney? Not sure...

All League
    they both got charged, right? I think charges were dropped against her. he plead guilty pre-trial, git a wrist slapping.