Thread: Who will lead this team in sacks?

Who will lead this team in sacks?

I do wish we had a player we can bank on having the most on the team, but we don't.

Got my money on Jason Babin. He has 1 so far and I loved the effort he showed on the run down of Carr in the second half. He didn't get him but he was chasing him like a bull.

I say he ends up with a solid 13 sacks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    I do wish we had a player we can bank on having the most on the team, but we don't.

Got my money on Jason Babin. He has 1 so far and I loved the effort he showed on the run down of Carr in the second half. He didn't get him but he was chasing him like a bull.

I say he ends up with a solid 13 sacks.
    12 plays and he had a sack, a pressure, and a TFL.

I think he earned himself a litt extra playing time.

Veteran
    Going out on a limb and saying Coples- it could easily be Wilk again though or even Davis or Richardson or maybe even Babin if he's worked into the lineup more- that definitely lessens the need for Barnes who might not even get a chance to play much.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Going out on a limb and saying Coples- it could easily be Wilk again though or even Davis or Richardson or maybe even Babin if he's worked into the lineup more- that definitely lessens the need for Barnes who might not even get a chance to play much.
    It's a long season facing elite qbs, we need Barnes back to lighten the load and keep everyone fresh. I'm also looking forward to Trevor Reilly getting some game time and showing us what he can do.

Rookie
    Ima say Mo.... but as a team they'll get more this year....

Everyone wants sacks from Coples. Me too. But he's asked to do a lot, and he's a pita the Offense to deal with. He made his presence known yesterday without a sack. He's picking up where he left off last year.

All League
    It could be one of a number of players, but I'll take Coples (BTW that hit on MJD was awesome!).

One things for sure, Rex has the talent to get creative with his pressures.....I like what I've seen so far and can't wait to see what he cooks up for Rodgers this Sunday!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Coples is wasted away on the Jets

could be a monster on a 4-3 defense

just a waste of talent playing out of position in the wrong defensive set

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post

Coples plays with his hand in the ground (inside and outside) roughly 70% of the time in this defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post

Just stop.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    It's a long season facing elite qbs, we need Barnes back to lighten the load and keep everyone fresh. I'm also looking forward to Trevor Reilly getting some game time and showing us what he can do.
    Was surprised at how much playing time Reilly got on D this week. Was just 5 plays, but 5 more than I expected.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Coples plays with his hand in the ground (inside and outside) roughly 70% of the time in this defense.
    He dropped back into coverage numerous times in the game. He like AA is an athlete with a skill set that makes him capable of multiple roles. I believe Coples will lead this team in sacks and get at least 1 int.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    One day people will actually use their eyes to see where Coples lines up instead of making up sh*t.

Veteran
    I'll go with Wilk but I expect Babin to get 10+ sacks. We got tremendous pressure in the 2nd half. Didnt realize the Raiders had -3 yards in the whole 3rd qtr!