Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on Miami this year?

What are your thoughts on Miami this year?

Are they as good as they showed yesterday, or was it more a case of New England being that bad and worn down? They have a tough defense and Tannehill looks like a legit top-half QB. They are going to be a tough out this year, IMO.

Veteran
    I wasn't watching the fins game but I figure it's mostly due to a home September game for Miami which they always have an advantage with. NE obviously got tired in the 90 degree heat and humidity.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    I wasn't watching the fins game but I figure it's mostly due to a home September game for Miami which they always have an advantage with. NE obviously got tired in the 90 degree heat and humidity.
    You forgot the required "and Brady sucks" part.

Hall Of Fame
    They are nothing too special, a better oline is a big help to them and they still have Wake, one of the best pass rushers in the league. They did dominate the pats in that game and it should not have been that close but the Pats looked crappy overall.

Hall Of Fame
    Pasts* are done. We are much better than the Dollfins

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Pasts* are done. We are much better than the Dollfins
    I was watching the game....a bit.
    I thought Know-Shaunn Moreno deserved the game ball yesterday. Made a LOT of great runs.

All League
    Tough to say. Its one game. Pats often struggle down there this time of year. I also think the dolphins match up well against the Pats.

Pats have some clear weaknesses. Dolphins question is can they be consistent? Its funny how the Jets, dolphins and bills are all build very similar but the Pats have Brady. I think this could be the year things change.

I still think the Bills will struggle in the end but maybe we have a 3 horse race.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lo Pan View Post
    What are your thoughts on Miami this year?
    I think my photoshop to their new logo that I created the day it came out just about sums it up my answer...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Their starting ILB Elerbee is out for the year and going on IR from what I hear.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    You forgot the required "and Brady sucks" part.
    lol lets hope that continues!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Phuck Miami!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I think my photoshop to their new logo that I created the day it came out just about sums it up my answer...

Stealing this for idiot dolphin fans I come across.

All League
    I donít believe they are that good + think the Jets match up beautifully against them.
    They can run the ball. We can stop the run. Thatís really what will separate the 2 teams head to head.
    The Jets are going to give the entire division fits this year.

One thing is for sure, ESPN is going to jack them up in the power rankings and overrate them like ESPN does every year.

Are they as good as they showed yesterday, or was it more a case of New England being that bad and worn down? They have a tough defense and Tannehill looks like a legit top-half QB. They are going to be a tough out this year, IMO.
    Tannehill still has some accuracy issues alot of his throws were off yesterday. Why do i get this sneaking suspicion you are a dolphins fan?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I don’t believe they are that good + think the Jets match up beautifully against them.
    They can run the ball. We can stop the run. That’s really what will separate the 2 teams head to head.
    The Jets are going to give the entire division fits this year.
    Once would nice, are the Pats 11/12 or something?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    One thing is for sure, ESPN is going to jack them up in the power rankings and overrate them like ESPN does every year.
    Doesn't matter. We all saw the true result to end the season... Just like every year. Pasts* got whooped by a mediocre team.
    I have a feeling the Bills will fvck up the Pasts* as well.

Don't underestimate the effect of the heat down there. My son played Saturday in Orlando and 2 kids had to be treated for heat exhaustion. If your not used to it you run out of gas after halftime. Let not count the Pats out quite yet - in other words - its only one game! Maybe he Pats did make a mistake trading away Mankins and overvaluing Revis. We can only hope but its not time to start sucking each others dicks quite yet! - I love that line from Pulp Fiction!

All Pro
    I would be surprised if the Dolphins' newly assembled Oline is going to come together this quickly. I am going to give New England a mulligan for an overall mediocre performance.
    Last edited by RIJetFan; 09-08-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Don't underestimate the effect of the heat down there. My son played Saturday in Orlando and 2 kids had to be treated for heat exhaustion. If your not used to it you run out of gas after halftime. Let not count the Pats out quite yet - in other words - its only one game! Maybe he Pats did make a mistake trading away Mankins and overvaluing Revis. We can only hope but its not time to start sucking each others dicks quite yet! - I love that line from Pulp Fiction!
    The Pats with Cassel as QB beat the Fins Sept of 2008 38-13 in Miami.. Maybe just Brady don't like heat??