Thread: Hakim

All League

Hakim

I don't know how I missed this but apparently he played two plays on defense. Blitzed once and dropped into coverage on the other. I know he is small but not sure how I missed this. Maybe just one more reason why he made the roster.

On a side note Coples played several plays split out covering a WR. This I did notice but it was interesting. Mostly just chipping then playing zone.

All League
    The Coples thing was the one I really found interesting. I have no idea if that was done for any practical reason, or simply to try and throw a Rookie QB a look he was surely not prepared for.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    I don't know how I missed this but apparently he played two plays on defense. Blitzed once and dropped into coverage on the other. I know he is small but not sure how I missed this. Maybe just one more reason why he made the roster.

On a side note Coples played several plays split out covering a WR. This I did notice but it was interesting. Mostly just chipping then playing zone.
    He did get a pressure on that one, and the second he faked the blitz, then bolted downfield.
    He made a huge impact on all phases of special teams too.
    Now we know why they kept him.

All Pro

I noticed the play in the 4th quarter. Rex has really been toying around with different looks.....

All Pro

When you throw a forearm block into the WRs neck at the LOS, it really throws off their timing

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LOLREX

Next week we play Chris Ivory at OLB a little bit and Nick Folk lines up at DT on 3rd downs.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-08-2014 at 11:37 PM.

All Pro
    Spotted him late in the game when he dropped into coverage. Made me smile to see him out there - a trademark Rex move.

Little bit of a slap to Phillip Adams though - he didn't get into the game at all from scrimmage, then sees a WR playing CB before him.

Possible his lack of practice time with the team was a factor, however.