Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost in all the good things from last game was the play of Pryor...

Lost in all the good things from last game was the play of Pryor...

He flashed big time potential, like Polamalu type potential. His hits are thunderous.

All League
    had that nice tackle. looked better than clinton dix did

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    He flashed big time potential, like Polamalu type potential. His hits are thunderous.
    I honestly hate to call a rookie either way, but he's gonna be GOOD......like REALLY GOOD!

Yes he dropped the pick but he was in position on that play amongst others, and layed some lumber in the run game!

Kudos to our GM for staying ahead of the curve by drafting an impact safety!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I honestly hate to call a rookie either way, but he's gonna be GOOD......like REALLY GOOD!

Yes he dropped the pick but he was in position on that play amongst others, and layed some lumber in the run game!

He doesn't just intimidate receivers, he comes in like a missile in the run game & takes out RBs by laying the lumber (shoulder pads) on their thighs. He's gonna slow RBs just because they will be hesitant with #25 around.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If he can stay healthy, he has Ronny Lott type potential. Hopefully he can stay healthy like Lott.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    If he can stay healthy, he has Ronny Lott type potential. Hopefully he can stay healthy like Lott.
    God that would be hitting the ultimate jack pot if he turns out like Lott!

Pryor fly's to the ball and definitely makes a big impact.....I can't wait til he comes off a safety blitz and catches Brady with a blind side hit that knocks him into next week! This guy is definitely going to be a favorite of mine no question

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    No one regrets missing that Pick 6 more than him. That would have been quite an intro into the NFL.

All Pro
    Not many guys jump out at you on game day.
    Watt of course, Matthews with Greenbay, Thomas & Sherman in Seattle.
    These guys are always in the screen or in the scrum if there is one. Pryor jumps off the screen!
    He plays with reckless abandon but he is actually under control, I know this makes no sense.
    Football is a reckless sport, crazy even.
    Some guys make every step, every move they make out there count. They just seem to have a nose for the ball like they are a step ahead of everyone else, I think Pryor is one of those special guys.
    It's just a matter of time in a game when he does something where opposing fans are like " who is that guy? He's freaking good!"
    And just like here they are killing their team for passing on him in the draft.
    Pryor has star written all over him.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Amen !!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    had that nice tackle. looked better than clinton dix did
    Assuming we are talking about the same play when he came from seemingly 15 yards deep in the secondary to stop the runner for no gain, that was a thing of beauty. I was re-watching the game this morning and had forgotten about that play. Just beautiful instincts, confidence and closing speed.

This kid is a player.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Not many guys jump out at you on game day.
    Watt of course, Matthews with Greenbay, Thomas & Sherman in Seattle.
    These guys are always in the screen or in the scrum if there is one. Pryor jumps off the screen!
    He plays with reckless abandon but he is actually under control, I know this makes no sense.
    Football is a reckless sport, crazy even.
    Some guys make every step, every move they make out there count. They just seem to have a nose for the ball like they are a step ahead of everyone else, I think Pryor is one of those special guys.
    It's just a matter of time in a game when he does something where opposing fans are like " who is that guy? He's freaking good!"
    And just like here they are killing their team for passing on him in the draft.
    Pryor has star written all over him.
    great point...is seems he was always in the picture...no hestitation...closes very fast and knows how to tackle...

All Pro
    That was a great hit. Good form and great speed. I was joking with my buddy about Clinton-Dix. He is a Packer fan

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    That was a great hit. Good form and great speed. I was joking with my buddy about Clinton-Dix. He is a Packer fan
    Does he tend to talk in 3rd person?

Rookie
    Another pickup in the draft that is turning out real strong. Idzik's drafts have been bust-free and building blocks towards a sustainable strong team. It makes a difference.

All Pro
    Ryan on why Jets drafted S Calvin Pryor over HHCD: "Both guys are excellent players. ... I took the guy who will knock your face in."

Love it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Ryan on why Jets drafted S Calvin Pryor over HHCD: "Both guys are excellent players. ... I took the guy who will knock your face in."

Love it.
    Rex and Pryor in a nutshell

All Pro
    I loved this pick. Bought his jersey and have been waiting for it to be made and shipped.

He could be that elite player in the secondary that turns this defense from very, very good to bonafide tops in the league.

Reminds me of Sean Taylor the way he flys up and hits

Veteran
    I remember one play where the running back was returning to his sideline. The camera shot caught the expression on his face and you knew that he knew he just got smacked good by Pryor.