Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets might be the only team in the league...

Hall Of Fame

Jets might be the only team in the league...

that are hated by EVERYBODY.

Hated by the local and national media, hated by other NFL fans, and more interestingly hated by their own fans.

You see Detroit on MNF fill the stadium and yet their team has had a worse history than the Jets. St Louis, Arizona, even Houston.

You may say the PSLs are the problem, but the Giants have PSLs too and they aren't squawking over it, as far as I know.

Which brings me back to a point that I have been turning in my head for a few weeks.

I wish the Jets would move to a place where they could be the top dog, at least in the NFL. Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, maybe Salt Lake City, even Hawaii.

The Jets need a place where people can embrace them so that not only can they get support, but also clear the negative vibe around this team, that may drive players and coaches away. Then they can get better and maybe win a Super Bowl

Hall Of Fame
    When I buy the team I am moving them to Long Island and telling the Giants to go fvck themselves.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    When I buy the team I am moving them to Long Island and telling the Giants to go fvck themselves.
    There you go! At least that area is open for new fans to come aboard.

All League
    Please stop starting threads. Thanks in advance.

Hall Of Fame
    We need to see if SAR would be willing to purchase the team. #TeamSAR #LeasedFootballTeam #SuperbowlHereWeCome

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Another thread about how the jets are done dirty week in and week out.
    Some of you guys are ultra sensitive.

The only thing missing is the "why arent they being labeled a circus"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Another thread about how the jets are done dirty week in and week out.
    Some of you guys are ultra sensitive.

The only thing missing is the "why arent they being labeled a circus"
    Well, now that you've mentioned it,
    WHY AREN'T THEY LABELED A CIRCUS!?!?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    that are hated by EVERYBODY.

Hated by the local and national media, hated by other NFL fans, and more interestingly hated by their own fans.

You see Detroit on MNF fill the stadium and yet their team has had a worse history than the Jets. St Louis, Arizona, even Houston.

You may say the PSLs are the problem, but the Giants have PSLs too and they aren't squawking over it, as far as I know.

Which brings me back to a point that I have been turning in my head for a few weeks.

I wish the Jets would move to a place where they could be the top dog, at least in the NFL. Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, maybe Salt Lake City, even Hawaii.

The Jets need a place where people can embrace them so that not only can they get support, but also clear the negative vibe around this team, that may drive players and coaches away. Then they can get better and maybe win a Super Bowl
    You are so predictable....... Try therapy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why are some people so concerned with us being liked by everyone?

Who cares?

Veteran
    Why aren't they labeled a circus.

All League
    There are so many things wrong with this thread.

Starting with it's entirely false.

1) Games are sold out
    2) the media doesn't hate the Jets, they're just not respected as a good team. They haven't done a whole lot of winning to deserve praise.
    3) when they're good they'll get respect.
    4) Jet fans are some of the most passionate and loyal fans in the NFL

Lastly, nobody is being driven away. Players play for who pays them the most. As an example, This year we signed the top free agent on the market
    Last edited by fidelioion; 09-12-2014 at 07:39 PM.

All League
    I think its a bit of our own perception then actually being hated. We definitely get no respect that's for sure but I don't feel like most fans hate us.

Its who we are. I don't see anything changing it other then a Superbowl win. Even then it will probably be short lived.

Hall Of Fame
    The OP is correct. Living in Buffalo, I get to see how a fan base and their local media treat a team that has been horrible record-wise. These people are pumped. Delusional perhaps...but pumped. Local newspapers have articles that are optimistic. The local news is talking up the home opener.

People may think it's homerish to think the Jets get crapped on...but even my best friend who is a die hard Bills fan who lived in the Hudson Valley for 20 years before we moved back up here thinks the Jets never get a fair shake...from anyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    blah blah blah blah bunch of dumb shlt blah blah

Wow. Go to hell.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The OP is correct. Living in Buffalo, I get to see how a fan base and their local media treat a team that has been horrible record-wise. These people are pumped. Delusional perhaps...but pumped. Local newspapers have articles that are optimistic. The local news is talking up the home opener.

People may think it's homerish to think the Jets get crapped on...but even my best friend who is a die hard Bills fan who lived in the Hudson Valley for 20 years before we moved back up here thinks the Jets never get a fair shake...from anyone.
    So you think the Jets should move to LA?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    So you think the Jets should move to LA?
    Unless the Jets fielded a team of plastic surgeons, vapidness, white cars and multiple divorces...then no one in LA will care.

It is what it is. New York is the only city that has red headed stepchild major league sports teams. The Jets, Mets and Islanders all play second fiddle to the Giants, Yankees and Rangers...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this thread.

Starting with it's entirely false.

1) Games are sold out
    2) the media doesn't hate the Jets, they're just not respected as a good team. They haven't done a whole lot of winning to deserve praise.
    3) when they're good they'll get respect.
    4) Jet fans are some of the most passionate and loyal fans in the NFL

Lastly, nobody is being driven away. Players play for who pays them the most. As an example, This year we signed the top free agent on the market
    They've been to two afc championship games in last few years. There are plenty of teams that would kill for that. The media treats us like we go 4-12 every year. Which is fine because we do better when we get no respect.

All League
    Unless the Jets fielded a team of plastic surgeons, vapidness, white cars and multiple divorces...then no one in LA will care.

It is what it is. New York is the only city that has red headed stepchild major league sports teams. The Jets, Mets and Islanders all play second fiddle to the Giants, Yankees and Rangers...
    And when the Jets, Islanders, and Mets were winning championships the same could be said about the other teams. The OP wants to move the team so they can be appreciated.......LOL.

They're already appreciated by the true fans. Who gives a fvck what the media says.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    And when the Jets, Islanders, and Mets were winning championships the same could be said about the other teams. The OP wants to move the team so they can be appreciated.......LOL.

They're already appreciated by the true fans. Who gives a fvck what the media says.
    You completely missed the point.

Which isn't surprising.

All League
    You completely missed the point.

Which isn't surprising.
    I'm glad you agree with the OP, you might be the only one.