Thread: Relax.

Relax.

This loss sucks, yes, as we had one of the best teams in the NFL on the brink. But, we have two in a row at coming up, and the key is the loss was to an NFC team. We can definitely beat the Bears. As we all know, Cutler is a pick machine, so if the front seven comes to play, the chances of winning are high. The offense also should be able to move the ball against a declining Bears defense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    This loss sucks, yes, as we had one of the best teams in the NFL on the brink. But, we have two in a row at coming up, and the key is the loss was to an NFC team. We can definitely beat the Bears. As we all know, Cutler is a pick machine, so if the front seven comes to play, the chances of winning are high. The offense also should be able to move the ball against a declining Bears defense.
    lol@telling these guys to relax. this is their time to shine.

Hall Of Fame
    Blah bleh meh. Give me a f break in arguably one of the most will be remembered jet f ups on an illegal to. Relax yeah right kthxbye
    Last edited by thebigragu; 09-14-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Dump, delete, ban.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Hardly one of the best teams in the NFL. The offense will have trouble moving the ball against Chicago, particularly if Decker is sidelined. Greg Salas-----LOL

All League
    Chicago's defense stinks, but then so does ours. Cutler is a better QB than Geno IMO, and Chi will come in at 0-2. This is definitely a losable game.

All League
    Losing to the Packers on the road is not the end of the world... I am just concerned about a number of things that hopefully will improve as the season continues:

1. After all Geno did well next week, he took a step backwards this week. After a terrific first quarter he was pedestrian at best. He was misfiring and his footwork was not as good as last week. One game does not define his progress either way but he looked more like Geno 2013 after the 1st quarter than the poised guy we saw last week.

2. One constant with Rex's Jets teams has been a complete lack of discipline. Whether guys are blowing assignments, not enough men on the field, too many men on the field, being forced to waste time outs... It has been a staple since he became the coach and that crap has to get fixed. We don't have enough talent to overcome easily correctible mistakes.

3. We still can't find a speed rusher. Not sure we ever will but most of our sacks are coverage sacks or via the blitz. Today was a perfect example. We are forced to cover 1 on 1 too often in an effort to generate a rush. Further, how many times are we going to let offenses drive 90 plus yards for scores before the half. It seems like it happens way too often.

4. Offensive play calling leaves plenty to be desired. I will not fault MM for being aggressive before the half. That pick was a function of Geno getting hit. However after that sequence it seems like we went into a shell. Either Capers had Geno completely fooled or we just could not adjust properly.

5. We need a punter...How Idzik and Rex could let this issue last this long is beyond me. This needs to get fixed...

In the end, hopefully this type of performance will be the exception and not the norm this season....

Hall Of Fame
    The Packers are NOT one of the best teams. They have a mediocre defense, mediocre OLine, decent receivers, and bad playcalling. The Packers are a mediocre team with an incredible QB.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The Packers are NOT one of the best teams. They have a mediocre defense, mediocre OLine, decent receivers, and bad playcalling. The Packers are a mediocre team with an incredible QB.
    But that's usually good enough to make you a "good" team. Look at the Pats. **** defense, no name WRs, great QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    But that's usually good enough to make you a "good" team. Look at the Pats. **** defense, no name WRs, great QB.
    No, that still doesn't make them a good team. The Pats have a pretty decent defense now, pedestrian receivers, and an all-time great QB. I'd say they're better than the Packers, though probably not by a substantial margin.

Regardless, Rodgers sonned us today. Figured we'd have to get to him often to limit the amount of damage he could do, but I'm not sure we laid a single finger on him today. It's impressive how fast he gets the ball out.

All League
    No, that still doesn't make them a good team. The Pats have a pretty decent defense now, pedestrian receivers, and an all-time great QB. I'd say they're better than the Packers, though probably not by a substantial margin.

Regardless, Rodgers sonned us today. Figured we'd have to get to him often to limit the amount of damage he could do, but I'm not sure we laid a single finger on him today. It's impressive how fast he gets the ball out.
    4 sacks

Practice Squad
    This game and this thought process are crap.

Yeah, if this was a back and forth, each team scored, Packers pulled it out at the end game, then yeah, not so bad. This is a game where we gave up a 21-3 lead and we were dominating the other team.

Stats and final scores do not tell the whole story.

"Plax had 8 TD season with the Jets". Sounds decent. Except 4 came in one game, so it is more accurate to say " Plax scored 4 TD in 15 games"

This is one of the Jetsiest losses I can remember in a long long time, and there are a bunch.

Score should have been 24-9 or better at the half.

Just poor overall. Lots of blame to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Losing to the Packers on the road is not the end of the world... I am just concerned about a number of things that hopefully will improve as the season continues:

1. After all Geno did well next week, he took a step backwards this week. After a terrific first quarter he was pedestrian at best. He was misfiring and his footwork was not as good as last week. One game does not define his progress either way but he looked more like Geno 2013 after the 1st quarter than the poised guy we saw last week.

2. One constant with Rex's Jets teams has been a complete lack of discipline. Whether guys are blowing assignments, not enough men on the field, too many men on the field, being forced to waste time outs... It has been a staple since he became the coach and that crap has to get fixed. We don't have enough talent to overcome easily correctible mistakes.

3. We still can't find a speed rusher. Not sure we ever will but most of our sacks are coverage sacks or via the blitz. Today was a perfect example. We are forced to cover 1 on 1 too often in an effort to generate a rush. Further, how many times are we going to let offenses drive 90 plus yards for scores before the half. It seems like it happens way too often.

4. Offensive play calling leaves plenty to be desired. I will not fault MM for being aggressive before the half. That pick was a function of Geno getting hit. However after that sequence it seems like we went into a shell. Either Capers had Geno completely fooled or we just could not adjust properly.

5. We need a punter...How Idzik and Rex could let this issue last this long is beyond me. This needs to get fixed...

In the end, hopefully this type of performance will be the exception and not the norm this season....
    Excellent post......

He was getting the ball out fast and we hit him 11 times. That's a lot.