Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world is Jace Amaro??

Hall Of Fame

Where in the world is Jace Amaro??

I know it's only been two weeks, but why did Idzik draft this kid in the second round if they are not going to use him? It's not like he has Jimmy Graham sitting in front of him preventing him from getting reps. They throw one 4 yard curl route to him early in the game, then he disappears. I thought this was a horrendous game by Marty, probably his worst as a Jet. Not only were some of the plays bad, but the personnel groupings did not match the plays called. Green Bay was over-committing and keying on the RBs all day, the GB linebackers were selling out against the run and at no point did Marty try to attack them with the TE, it was there for the taking. Amaro's strength is his ability to get down the seam. I had thought prior to the game that Nelson and Amaro needed to make plays for the Jets win, and neither were even noticed for the vast majority of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    with decker out it's jace time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't get it either.

Even though he's a rookie, he's clearly the best TE on the roster.

Cumberland is maddeningly inconsistent and his inline blocking skills are absolutely piss poor.

And Sudfeld looks like a waste of a roster spot.

All League
    He's a bust, waste of a second round pick. - that's what's coming next...

This board is insane. How was Jimmy Graham in his first two weeks. Jeeze, give these guys a chance.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

This board is insane. How was Jimmy Graham in his first two weeks. Jeeze, give these guys a chance.
    Who is saying he is a bust? Im not questioning Amaro's ability, I'm questioning why he isn't used more.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Don't you know that if a player does not put up HOF stats from the moment he steps on the field he will be a bust?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't get it either.

Even though he's a rookie, he's clearly the best TE on the roster.

Cumberland is maddeningly inconsistent and his inline blocking skills are absolutely piss poor.

And Sudfeld looks like a waste of a roster spot.
    Agreed, this is where I think Marty isn't using his personnel correctly. He has Sudfeld running deep routes downfield, uses Amaro to run 4 yard curls, and has Cumberland blocking DEs one on one. It's all f***ed up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Don't you know that if a player does not put up HOF stats from the moment he steps on the field he will be a bust?
    I think you missed the entire premise of my post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed, this is where I think Marty isn't using his personnel correctly. He has Sudfeld running deep routes downfield, uses Amaro to run 4 yard curls, and has Cumberland blocking DEs one on one. It's all f***ed up.
    I like Marty's playcalling for the most part, but his personnel selections are piss poor at times.

And this wildcat sh*t needs to die a painful death.

Vick shouldn't be on the field under any circumstance unless Geno gets hurt.

All League
    Who is saying he is a bust? Im not questioning Amaro's ability, I'm questioning why he isn't used more.
    It's been two weeks. Let's give it a chance. Maybe he wasn't getting open? Through 2 games he's has three receptions and 5 targets. While not great I get the sense they're easing him into the game.

Before we start killing him, the CS or the QB let's see what it looks like after week 8.

All League
    Cumberland is getting way to much playing time based on the fact he's been banged up and rarely has a full week of practice.

The only explanation for Amaro not playing more that I can think of, is that he still does not have a full grasp of the offense.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree. Only explanation is that he doesn't know the offense or is a liability when blocking. But if they drafted him to block then we got even bigger problems. Amaro should be a complete mismatch in our favor every single game. He is that type of receiver.

It was a horrendous game by our entire coaching staff, not just MM. I would guess the gameplan going in was conservative on the road given Geno's history of struggles. But we need to be able to adapt in-game. Stop hamstringing Geno and let him run an NFL offense. Let him sink or swim.

All League
    Amaro needs to become Geno's safety valve. Much like Keller did for Favre in 2008 before Favre got injured. Geno and Amaro need to get on the practice field and figure it out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It's been two weeks. Let's give it a chance. Maybe he wasn't getting open? Through 2 games he's has three receptions and 5 targets. While not great I get the sense they're easing him into the game.

Before we start killing him, the CS or the QB let's see what it looks like after week 8.
    Amaro should've been starting from Day 1

There's no way anyone can convince me that Cumberland is the better player. This is the guys 5th year on the team and he is what he is. A decent backup TE who can stretch the seam here and there.

Despite the reports out of training camp, Amaro has caught damn near everything thrown his way in live games and despite being labeled as a suspect blocker coming out of Texas Tech, he's clearly the best blocking TE on the roster.

All League

There's no way anyone can convince me that Cumberland is the better player. This is the guys 5th year on the team and he is what he is. A decent backup TE who can stretch the seam here and there.

Despite the reports out of training camp, Amaro has caught damn near everything thrown his way in live games and despite being labeled as a suspect blocker coming out of Texas Tech, he's clearly the best blocking TE on the roster.
    I will agree Cumberland is just awful. I honestly wish he wasn't on the team. With that said I have to give the CS the benefit of the doubt as I hope they know best.

I would also like to see Sudfeld cut - I know it's incredibly reactionary but that lack of effort was cuttable as far as I'm concerned.

All Pro

It's not like Cumberland is starting over Amaro for his blocking.

It's his rookie year, there can be things we don't know. West Coast offense is complex, is he having trouble learning assignments? Now if we are in mid October and he still is getting 1 catch a game for 6 yards I'll be pissed.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Line him up as a receiver and let him run. Let him learn blocking as he goes, but lets' get him on the field more

Hall Of Fame
    I will agree Cumberland is just awful. I honestly wish he wasn't on the team. With that said I have to give the CS the benefit of the doubt as I hope they know best.

I would also like to see Sudfeld cut - I know it's incredibly reactionary but that lack of effort was cuttable as far as I'm concerned.
    I somewhat agree, my issue is WHY is Sudfeld running that route? That's not who he is, he isn't a downfield threat at TE. That's where I think Marty has to sort this out better and coach to the strengths of his players.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Who knows what Amaro's attitude is?

Perhaps he acts like he is entitled and the coaches would rather give the guys who work hard with limited talent (Cumberland/Sudfeld) the reps.

Its easy to get frustrated from the outside when you don't know (and likely won't ever know) what is really going on in the locker room or with a certain player.

It would send the wrong message to the lockerroom to promote a guy out of desperation - guys have a OT of boxes to tick in order to hit the field on a Sunday - raw talent just doesn't cut it.

He's not being used because our OC is a moron. always was and always will be. Who runs a wildcat inside the 5 yd. line back to back weeks to no avail? Who puts sudfeld in instead of amaro? Who gets aggressive inside 2 min of the half up big with the chance to go up bigger and leave no time on the clock but instead calls up a quick strike to a scrub TE costing a 10-14 point swing.

marty morningweg that's who.