Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For everyone Blaming the Refs

All Pro

For everyone Blaming the Refs

Does it seem like we never get a call - yes, I dont doubt that at all.

Were there calls missed against GB and Oakland - yes.

But cmon, New England had 15 Penalties for 163 yards sunday and won 30-7.

We didnt lose because of the refs, we lost because our HC and OC made a bad decision not to run out the clock, because our Defensive Backfield had a bad game, and in the 2nd half, for some reason, we went away from what worked in the first half.

We made too many mistakes and it cost us the game. Its not the Refs fault.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    How dare you present facts?!?!?!

There is absolutely no place on this board for rational thought, do you understand?!?!?!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

We didnt lose because of the refs, we lost because our HC and OC made a bad decision not to run out the clock, because our Defensive Backfield had a bad game, and in the 2nd half, for some reason, we went away from what worked in the first half.

Did we make plenty of mistakes, sure. Would it be nice to think about how the game would have played out if the Refs weren't biased against us? Of course. If it wasn't for replay the refs would have shafted us even more (if given the chance).

Hall Of Fame
    Agreed, fans tend to want to put the blame for a loss at the feet of the refs and not at the feet of their team.

Hall Of Fame
    IMO the jets lost b/c young guys didn't execute at key times. winters got burned, the guy nailed geno as he threw and that caused the pick. milliner got burned and pryor took the wrong angle, letting up a huge td. wilkerson lost his temper, and richardson took it upon himself to call a TO. like it or not, they're called growing pains for a young team with talent trying to win a tough road game against a hall of fame qb.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed, fans tend to want to put the blame for a loss at the feet of the refs and not at the feet of their team.
    Yeah but how many times did we have to challenge or replay? Calls that were obviously pro Green bay. Yes we still gave up the game no doubt. BUT they DEFAULT against the Jets

Undrafted Free Agent
    By chance, did you hear the Mo Wilk interview with Joe and Evan? If not, you might want to listen to it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Yeah but how many times did we have to challenge or replay? Calls that were obviously pro Green bay. They DEFAULT against the Jets
    I don't believe there is some sort of ref bias against the Jets.

All Pro
    It would be impossible to blame the refs for the loss.....we had a 21-3 lead

I will blame the refs 100% for that phantom timeout.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    It would be impossible to blame the refs for the loss.....we had a 21-3 lead

I will blame the refs 100% for that phantom timeout.
    Can I point out something - if you think the refs are biased against the Jets and hence called the phantom time out - that makes no sense... He did it *BEFORE THE PLAY*!!! It's not like he saw the TD, and then went back and said "oh, I should have blown the whistle."

All Pro
    If Winters doesn't blow that block Geno hits Suddfeld for a TD. That's the game right there. Nothing to do with refs you sallys.

All League
    Lets see how the Pats do against the Packers with same amount of penalties.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

And they would have beat GB as well?? If that's the case how did the Pats lose to the Fins getting shut out in the 2nd half?? Was that Rex's fault??

All League
    refs cost the colts the win last night with that blown horse collar call on Landry. Bad call. decided the game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And they would have beat GB as well?? If that's the case how did the Pats lose to the Fins getting shut out in the 2nd half?? Was that Rex's fault??
    No it wasnt Rex's fault, the NE QB had 2 lost fumbles in the 2nd half of that game. Probably had something to do with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    If Winters doesn't blow that block Geno hits Suddfeld for a TD. That's the game right there. Nothing to do with refs you sallys.
    Excellent point but that must be Rex's fault as well..

All League
    Refs had nothing to do with the Jets loss. Winters makes his damn block and we are 2-0 today, its that simple.

Every team gets bad calls against them and every team's fans think the refs are against them. We lost because our defense couldn't stop aaron rodgers and our o-line couldn't pass block to save their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Can I point out something - if you think the refs are biased against the Jets and hence called the phantom time out - that makes no sense... He did it *BEFORE THE PLAY*!!! It's not like he saw the TD, and then went back and said "oh, I should have blown the whistle."
    And how do you know if it were intercepted that they wouldn't have called the play good?? The refs after a call like that huddle and talk their nonsense. I don't think there is a REFS bias but with the amount of money flowing out there in regards to the NFL who knows what collusion exists?? Vegas and big money to influence. It happens in the equity markets with market makers all the time....

Hall Of Fame
    It's time for the new commissioner after Patsdell is ****canned to announce a broad restructure of officiating in the NFL, firing about 90 percent of these incompetent used car salesmen and high school assistant principals on a weekend fun break and beginning a 12 month full time officiating program with career football officials who are not fat, 75 years old, out of shape, half blind, know the rules and aren't wearing their favorite teams (Patriots, Packers, Niners, Steelers) logo underwear under their striped shirts