Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Jets team....Love 'em.

All League

This Jets team....Love 'em.

Yeah, that's right. I love this team. They're fun to watch and will be pretty damn good when they get it together. The HC is fun. MM is fun. Geno's a great kid who hasn't turned 24 yrs old yet. He's a hard worker. Studies the game, and plays tough. They have a great group of Defenive Linemen, who really good and are also a riot... some great personalities. The RB's are fun to watch, and when Decker is on the field with Kerls, the WR's are not too shabby. A fun team to watch on a Sunday afternoon. Perfect? No. But fun, and Rex has the playing hard.

Do they drive me crazy? farg YEAH! Do they seem discombobulated at times? oh yeah they do. Yes, Rex has to get the team more focused on the little things... has to get them to clean things up. But man he sure does get his team to play hard. Yes, MM calls are sometimes headscratchers, but good Lord the Offense is light years ahead of where they were before he got here, and it's only going to get better.

So I'll sit back and watch, and read JI's resident idiots (you know who you are) complain about anything and everything, all the time, when in reality every team has their own issues. It's week fking three and I'm going to enjoy every week watching the Green & White.... all the way to the Playoffs....and the Super Bowl... *****es.

Lets go Jets.

All League
    This is a fun, good team, that are a year and a few key pieces away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

And thanks to Idziks patience we'll have the cap room to bring in those key pieces.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well said ... Let's see what happens Monday night!

Hall Of Fame
    They need to be more consistent.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Inconsistency is their biggest consistency!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    More experience will deliver that part of the equation

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Inconsistency is their biggest consistency!
    What's the old saying? "If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck"? Kinda like that, I guess, lol.

All League
    Fun team, was the 2nd half Sunday fun? The OP mentioned "resident idiots", time for he or she to look in the mirror. It's easy to make statements like that when you have not invested any time or blood/guts in an organization that has done nothing but bring it's fans heartache and losing season after losing season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    More experience will deliver that part of the equation
    Yes, after the Bye this team will be playing a lot better.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Fun team, was the 2nd half Sunday fun? The OP mentioned "resident idiots", time for he or she to look in the mirror. It's easy to make statements like that when you have not invested any time or blood/guts in an organization that has done nothing but bring it's fans heartache and losing season after losing season.
    Yeah I can look in the mirror. I've been a fan since 1976. Blood, guts, heartache, but lots of great things too. I'm gonna live in the present, and enjoy the ride.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Yeah I can look in the mirror. I've been a fan since 1976. Blood, guts, heartache, but lots of great things too. I'm gonna live in the present, and enjoy the ride.
    You shut him up! Not every long time fan has to be a miserable pessimist.

Rookie
    I love the Famous Jets to! What uni's are we wearing Monday night, anybody know? There the best looking in the league, no question about it. I won a rally towl from the opening game against the Raiders that was part of the whiteout on e-bay! What a treasure! It's here in the livingroom with my Jets neon sign and Rex Ryan bobble head. (highly recomended)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This is a fun, good team, that are a year and a few key pieces away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

And thanks to Idziks patience we'll have the cap room to bring in those key pieces.
    the Jets are always a year and a few pieces away.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaxor5 View Post
    You shut him up! Not every long time fan has to be a miserable pessimist.
    Must be a METS and Islanders fan too.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Yes, after the Bye this team will be playing a lot better.
    when the schedule eases up.

Jets fans like to suffer. But I'd always root for my rollercoaster team instead of the alwayssunshineandfeelgoodpatsies.

All Pro
    I like this year's team too....everyone is angry about this team's lack of focus, and undisciplined, but we have a young team who's still learning how to win. When this team is focused and on track, we can compete with anyone on both sides of the ball. I'm going to enjoy the ride this season. This team will still have growing pains as we go along, but the potential is there. Consistency comes with more reps. We will get there.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I like this year's team too....everyone is angry about this team's lack of focus, and undisciplined, but we have a young team who's still learning how to win. When this team is focused and on track, we can compete with anyone on both sides of the ball. I'm going to enjoy the ride this season. This team will still have growing pains as we go along, but the potential is there. Consistency comes with more reps. We will get there.
    This is as talented a team as we have had in 3 years... considering how weak we thought the secondary would be etc..

I LOVE the talent level. We need for them to be coached better than Sunday.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    the Jets are always a year and a few pieces away.....
    To be fair - 31 teams are this way every year.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Please expand on this. Do you work for the Jets? If so, you'll be receiving a PM from me shortly asking for all sorts of freebies and favors.