Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never noticed that thing on Coples' arm

Never noticed that thing on Coples' arm

I always thought it was a tattoo, kind of weird looking, 3D almost so I decided to google it and man it looks weird as hell. He's got another one on his right arm I think, like a horseshoe or something.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I always thought it was a tattoo, kind of weird looking, 3D almost so I decided to google it and man it looks weird as hell. He's got another one on his right arm I think, like a horseshoe or something.

It's a fraternity thing.

All Pro

It is a horse shoe.

He got them in college, in horse riding/jumping competitions. Every time he won, they embedded a small horse shoe into his arm. You see them all over down here near Dallas.

What's the process though? What happened to his skin? And isn't there a risk of it tearing with the shoulder pads and everything going on there?

Rookie
    Yeah it's branding from his fraternity Omega Psi Phi. I work with a guy that has similar marks.

All League
    He just really, really wanted to play for the Colts.

It's a fraternity thing as Penguin said; hopefully this thread dies before the judgment begins.

All Pro
    Seriously, this is the first time you've ever noticed it? There was much discussion about this when he was drafted. Including the pad/tearing issue.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 09-20-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Willie Colon has one, too.

Hall Of Fame
    It's a frat brand. Seems somewhat common. Crazy how you never noticed this until now.

All Pro

It's a brand from his fraternity...Omega Psi Phi.

His skin formed a keloid after getting the brand, that's why it looks a little unsightly.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    His skin formed a keloid after getting the brand, that's why it looks a little unsightly.
    Gross.
    Thanks. Hope it doesn't tear...

It is an absolutely hideous self disfigurement and uglier than a tattoo. But he's not the only NFL player who has it. I've seen a few others but not many

seriously he should wear full sleeves

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFuggerHOF View Post
    It is an absolutely hideous self disfigurement and uglier than a tattoo. But he's not the only NFL player who has it. I've seen a few others but not many

seriously he should wear full sleeves
    yeah you can tell him :-)....because if we know anything it's that not only is he a big ba$tard but also that he's impervious to pain and suffering.

All Pro
    Human branding - kinda like cattle...disgusting...whatever

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    yeah you can tell him :-)....because if we know anything it's that not only is he a big ba$tard but also that he's impervious to pain and suffering.
    I could give two chits what he is impervious to, I want to see him inflict it.

It's a frat brand, and it look absolutely retarded. He's an idiot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Looks like a sickly, elongated turd twisted up in some fashion and embedded into his arm

Imagine how disgusting that sh*ts going to look 30+ years down the road.

Hall Of Fame
    Lol @ the replies here.

It's a brand. They've been around for thousands of years.

It's funny that people are aghast about what he did to his arm...considering what we watch him do to his whole body every Sunday from September to December...and hopefully January and the first week of February.

It's terrible what that will look like in 20 years! It'll probably match his concussions, joint pain and back pain...Lol

Veteran
    man, frats are so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lol @ the replies here.

It's a brand. They've been around for thousands of years.

It's funny that people are aghast about what he did to his arm...considering what we watch him do to his whole body every Sunday from September to December...and hopefully January and the first week of February.

It's terrible what that will look like in 20 years! It'll probably match his concussions, joint pain and back pain...Lol
    Joint pain and back pain don't make you look like a deformed idiot, though.