Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red Bulls?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    No there was one other person watching the game. In Catas there were 2. Then a few more joined when they switched the other 2 TVs away from the Premier League game. Guess they were all on the bus. Titanic was also quiet, MLS-wise. I heard that Pastor is closing down. the Empire Club will have to find another spot.
    Yes I recently heard that, as well. First leg against New England will be their last hoorah I suppose.

Waterboy
    Same thing here. We will be visiting family in Boston for Thanksgiving, will scoot out to Foxboro on Saturday for BWP's hat trick.
    November 23rd seems like it is a lifetime away.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sheptr View Post
    Same thing here. We will be visiting family in Boston for Thanksgiving, will scoot out to Foxboro on Saturday for BWP's hat trick.
    November 23rd seems like it is a lifetime away.
    Awesome, should be a good time. Will be my first trip to Foxboro, for either the Jets or Red Bulls. November 23 does seem like an eternity, damn international break. Although I think it could play in our favor, maybe cool off the scorching hot Revs.

All Pro
    Anyone else going on Sunday? Red Bulls announced that they're sold out. About 700-800 tickets floating around on Stubhub, cheapest ticket being around $80, which is very surprising.

All Pro
    I'm unclear of their definition of "Sold Out", because I just bought two tickets from their site.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm unclear of their definition of "Sold Out", because I just bought two tickets from their site.
    Interesting. I received an e-mail this morning directly from them that said the match is sold out and to make sure to arrive early.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I will probably watch in Bello's.

All Pro
    I will probably watch in Bello's.
    I should be there around 11:00-11:30. Maybe I'll finally run into you this time.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Wound up on a date. It went well. Didn't see the game. How bad was it?

All Pro
    Wound up on a date. It went well. Didn't see the game. How bad was it?
    Evil triumphed over good. Close to a full house for the game. Serious issues getting beer during halftime.

Waterboy
    Tragedy. 8 bookings..?!? WTF??!! Jones offside goal allowed. FFS.
    Loved the full house, but less than enthralled with the 2,000 revolution fans packing the upper corner. Mulligan's in Hoboken was filthy with them Sunday morning for the EPL games. They were drinking like nobody's business. To be honest, they weren't that obnoxious at the pub. A lot had stayed at W in Hoboken and some at the hotels in the Jersey City waterfront with the Cowboys. Have a seat for the game next week in Foxboro, and not sure if I could take it. No BWP, we will need a miracle.

All Pro
    ****ty, ****ty day. RBNY probably got the better of the play honestly, officiating was horrendous. Not blaming the refs for the loss, our finishing was piss poor. We're definitely in a very, very difficult position, but it's not impossible. Red Bulls have a horrendous track record in Foxboro, but these teams are evenly enough matched and we have the firepower to somehow win 2-1 and take this to extra time. Losing BWP is a huge blow, but fortunately we have a professional in Cahill that can be slotted in up top.

The Revs support that showed up was annoying, especially considering how weak they typically are. They're universally regarded as some of the weakest supporters in MLS. Typical New England front-running, I suppose. It definitely takes some juice out of the road trip, but I'll still be there in full voice. It will still be 850 strong traveling supporters bringing the energy and hopefully doing a small part to will them to an improbable comeback.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Will they be doing the free buses again?

All Pro
    Will they be doing the free buses again?
    Yes they are. I believe I read that they currently have 8 filled. New England allotted RBNY 850 tickets and that should almost certainly sell out.

All Pro
    Not a lot of hope for the Red Bulls today. They need to win and score 2 goals, and without BWP.

All Pro
    That was a shame and very frustrating. Red Bulls were the better team in both legs, but got the short end of the stick each time. That Cahill miss happened right in front of us. That was a heartbreaker, he makes that and we're looking at a trip to the MLS Cup.

All that being said, it was a great time up there. I was proud of all of our supporters. I thought we brought a lot of energy and noise.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    That was a shame and very frustrating. Red Bulls were the better team in both legs, but got the short end of the stick each time. That Cahill miss happened right in front of us. That was a heartbreaker, he makes that and we're looking at a trip to the MLS Cup.

All that being said, it was a great time up there. I was proud of all of our supporters. I thought we brought a lot of energy and noise.
    It was actually a great soccer game all the way through. Being down 2-1 on aggregate is a tough break. That 3rd goal would have been killer, since NE would have needed 2 more to win the game there. Good season, but they are going to blow the whole thing up this year. I think the rumors are that Red Bulls are looking to sell. Going to be interesting, because MLS is going to want to find owners who are willing to spend, especially with NYCFC coming to town.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    It was actually a great soccer game all the way through. Being down 2-1 on aggregate is a tough break. That 3rd goal would have been killer, since NE would have needed 2 more to win the game there. Good season, but they are going to blow the whole thing up this year. I think the rumors are that Red Bulls are looking to sell. Going to be interesting, because MLS is going to want to find owners who are willing to spend, especially with NYCFC coming to town.
    It's going to be an extremely interesting off-season, without a doubt. I can't foresee Red Bull selling that quickly. It wouldn't shock me in the next few years though.

As everyone expected, Henry announced this morning that Saturday was his last game for RBNY. I'd say it's 50/50 if Cahill is back or not. I wouldn't mind seeing him leave, as I just don't think he's a good fit schematically for this club. BWP will most certainly need a significant salary increase. They have some serious thinking to do about what type of production he'll be capable of without Henry feeding him the ball. I'd say he's worth it. Providing they stay with the 4-2-3-1, here's what I see as set in stone for their starting XI...

BWP

Luyindula
    Oyongo Sam

Alexander McCarty

Miller Olave ??? ???

Robles

The biggest needs are a CAM and a CB. I love Luyindula and he's a clutch player, but I don't think he has the durability to play a full season at this stage in his career. Much of the same with Olave. He's another year older and he needs a capable partner in the middle. They also lack some depth, especially for the attack. I still think they'll be a competitive team, as they have a pretty solid core of players, but they have a lot of work to do.