Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Gase?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Adam Gase?

I prefer McCarthy but I would not be upset if they hired Gase.

Mcarthy or bust. Im not a big Adam Gase fan reminds me of Rich Kotite. If the Jets dont go after Mcarthy I will be pissed my next choice would be taking chance on Cliff Kingsbury then after that Matt Rhule. No more coordinators career position coaches.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Mcarthy or bust. Im not a big Adam Gase fan reminds me of Rich Kotite. If the Jets dont go after Mcarthy I will be pissed my next choice would be taking chance on Cliff Kingsbury then after that Matt Rhule. No more coordinators career position coaches.
    Klingsbury and Rhule do not have the NFL connections to assemble a strong staff.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Klingsbury and Rhule do not have the NFL connections to assemble a strong staff.
    According to the NY Post Gase is a real possibility.

Veteran
    Because you can predict the future.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Because you can predict the future.
    Because that is what pretty much every article about them says.

All Pro
    Ummm, why is no one here.

I already said my piece on the Hampur and Jets nation this is a disaster. Exactly why this team is a laughing stock. The owner of this site didnt want Mcarthy with his safe choice article well enjoy this.

Veteran
    Because that is what pretty much every article about them says.
    Yeah articles from media hacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

I was no fan of Gase for HC. However the choice has been made and it is the reality for Jets in 2019. So remember that Belichek was a loser as a HC of the Browns; he found a QB in NE and the rest is history. Let the hater's hate, but until Gase starts losing like Bowles I am getting on the band wagon and riding it until the wheels fall off!

Hall Of Fame
    I'm happy with the hire. Besides, McCarthy there were no obvious guys with impeccable resumes. Adam Gase, IMO is another guy that's fallen victim to a bad GM? The Dolphins don't have talent. So Gase has been forced to work with crap. It's no different than Bowles. But apparently now Mac is going to open the purse strings and get free agents making the Jets a much better team overnight?

How good or bad Gase is May or may not ever be known. It's only if Mac starts doing his job that we'll truly know good or bad Gase is. But I must say it's very concerning to have Mac in charge of Gases future with the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm happy with the hire. Besides, McCarthy there were no obvious guys with impeccable resumes. Adam Gase, IMO is another guy that's fallen victim to a bad GM? The Dolphins don't have talent. So Gase has been forced to work with crap. It's no different than Bowles. But apparently now Mac is going to open the purse strings and get free agents making the Jets a much better team overnight?

How good or bad Gase is May or may not ever be known. It's only if Mac starts doing his job that we'll truly know good or bad Gase is. But I must say it's very concerning to have Mac in charge of Gases future with the team.
    You must be happy. It won’t take Gase long to get rid of Anderson, Lee, Williams and Adams.

Looks like Greg Williams will be the DC, lets get him an edge rusher!!!!!

All Pro

so this is where you are hiding...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    so this is where you are hiding...
    I didn't know I was hiding? Really not sure what you mean by that?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You must be happy. It won’t take Gase long to get rid of Anderson, Lee, Williams and Adams.
    TX??? Don't you know by now I don't fall for your **** stirring?

I think it can be objectively said that Gregg Williams (assuming he is our DC) will make good use of the Jets players. Darron Lee has never been suited to play in a 3-4, so the transition to 4-3 ought to suit the little twerp, drug addict just fine. If anybody will be gotten did of it will likely be Lee because of his lack of size and ability? We shall see.

Leonard Williams will get help along the DL and more than likely we'll get to see how good Williams can be? He won't be playing inside and constantly double teamed.

Anderson is an idiot but I'm not sure the Jets will be able to get did of him even if they want to? He'll probably be tendered as a RFA and get a price tag of a 2nd or 3rd rounder and I doubt anyone would be willing to pay that for Anderson.

Adams is the very foundation of the team. There's no way he would ever be dealt. He's far too great of a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Gase has no control over the 53 man roster or even say on most of his staff. That's why they didn't hire Mcarthy he wanted some control and the Johnson Boys said no. Told you Pats fan we have an ownership problem if we had a more passive owner Mcarthy would have been hired. So Im not worried about him dumping anybody he has no say he is just a stooge for this franchise. I could see him coaching his butt off getting this team competitive again then leaving for a job with more say.

Im not happy at all Gase is horrible if he is such a Offensive Genius then explain his crappy offensive rankings in his best year his offense was ranked 17 last year he was worse then Bowles. You had a SB coach who just in 2016 went to the championship game has a higher winning percentage then Parcells that wanted to coach the Jets. A guy at the level of Parcells wanted to come here and develop Sam Darnold and the Johnsons boys said no because they wanted to pick his staff for him. How does CJ who knows nothing about football how the game works should have say in who a coach of that caliber picks. This is a travesty that this team turned away a coach with that track record and why Joe Beningo was right we all be buried before this franchise ever wins a SB. The stupid fans including the Owner of this site bought into the propaganda spewed by the NY media and character assassination of Mcarthy. We lost a chance at a SB winning coach who went to playoffs 9 out of 13 years for Peyton Mannings coffee boy who only developed 1 QB Brock Osweiler who was so bad Houston had to trade a 2nd round pick to get him off their roster. In my 50 years as a fan I can say this might be the most painful moment watching this travesty take place. I wish the Johnsons would do every Jets fan a service and sell this team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe7ycrlmME

This is what we have as a coach with the NY media he might not last the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Looks like Greg Williams will be the DC, lets get him an edge rusher!!!!!
    Actually the only thing that might save this franchise is him that is better hiring then Gase plus he can fill in as Interim coach when Gase and Mac both get fired.