View Poll Results: No question avaiable to import.

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • L. Coles

11 20.00%
  • C. Morton

24 43.64%
  • R. Thomas

5 9.09%
  • J. Hall

15 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Poll

Which of these Benedict Arnolds will be the biggest bust for the Deadskins?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If chad Morton is getting 20 touches a game (as he has been promised), the Redskin offense will suck. I saw him a few times out of our backfield. He was alot better as a return/coverage man.

Yep - I vote Morton too.

Just because some team is willing to pay you a top salary, it doesn't make you a top player. Morton and the Skins will find that out this season as he faces Raiders style low-drives every time he takes the field.

Undrafted Free Agent
    My prediction is that Hall misses a 35 yard field goal in week one that gives the Jets the win.

Hall Of Fame
    The only way Morton gets 20 touches a game is when the Jets score 20 times against the Foreskin's soft ass defense. Hope Morton enjoys his money because he just got fooled by Snyder. If anyone should be upset it should be Spurrier.....his owner telling players how many touches theya re going to get per game.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 11:22 AM
    [b] The only way Morton gets 20 touches a game is when the Jets score 20 times against the Foreskin's soft ass defense. Hope Morton enjoys his money because he just got fooled by Snyder. If anyone should be upset it should be Spurrier.....his owner telling players how many touches theya re going to get per game. [/b][/quote]
    I'd agree... because those voidable years in the contract, if he averages 10 or more touches a game in any of the 3 seasons applies to the Skins as well. Do you think they EVER considered giving him the ball 10 times, and getting bitten by the same poison pill they wanted the Jets to swallow?

I'd rather not win by the kind of margin where a field goal would make a difference.

I want to rip them a frickin' square one!

I want sideline runners reporting stuff like "After Abraham's hit, Ramsay can barely talk... it's been a whole quarter now, but he still says it 'hurts everywhere'!" (stole that one from Montana's big hit that ended the 49'ers threepeat hopes!)

I want Chad connecting with Moss, Conway & Chrebet for 300+ and I'd like Martin to have a 150 yard game into the bargain. I'd like to see McGraw with his first interception return for a TD the play *after* he and Cowart sandwich Coles with collosal hits that put him out for most of the season.

All that and Morton getting knocked unconsious for a fumble on the opening kick off would suit me just fine. :)

Most of all I want to see Snyder sobbing like a baby.

Hey, if you're goanna want for something, I going to want for the whole shooting match! :D

fox that post is hilarious!

The Skins tricked Morty with the promise of getting 20 touches/game. Expanded role my ass! They don't wanna risk him getting smashed in the backfield. They were drooling over how well he returns kicks.

He thinks he had it bad with the Jets? His ass is gonna be soooo disappointed when he's doing the same things he did for us (punt/KO returns) for a team that's gonna be watching the playoffs at home

Veteran
    I voted for Morton....I think Coles will be a bust in terms of what he is getting paid, but Morton may not make much of an impact with the Skins. Hate to see all of them go. :(

Morton should get a lot more kickoff return chances, with that Redskins defense.
    That's where he will get his 20 touches per game.....

Coles will be a bust with Ramsey throwing to him and not knowing each other.

I'd have to go by Morton as default:

Coles is definately a solid player and even though he doesn't have anyone throwing to him, he should put up repectable numbers. He always seemed to grab Penny's floaters.

Thomas is probably their best lineman so he should look good comparitively....to his linemates, not his contract.

If Hall realizes he no longer plays in giants Stadium half the year, he should do fine, otherwise I will laugh as I watch all those wide fg's as he tries to play the swirling wind which isn't there.

I think Morton will have a good year returning kicks unless everyone tries to take him out of his game like the Raiders did. I am not sold on his punt returns yet and I am not sure how productive he will be out of the backfield.

I liked all of these guys and would have liked to see them stay but I am much happier with the situation we have. I'm not sure I would like to see them injured but horrible seasons from each of them would be great. Not sure any of them realize they aren't all that great but were solid pieces of what was and still is a great team with super bowl chances.

TomShane
    [B]Why can't we vote for all of 'em? Screw those rat bastids! :blink: :D

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Billybob[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 01:11 PM
    [b] Morton should get a lot more kickoff return chances, with that Redskins defense.
    That's where he will get his 20 touches per game..... [/b][/quote]
    :D :P

Veteran
    The truth is none of them will be (at least by Skins stadards). They all will be an upgrade from where they where....

I think Morton will be the biggest bust. He just doesn't have the right body frame to be a 20 touch back in the NFL...he will over extend himself and get injured....also YOU KNOW HALL WILL BLOW A KICK OR TWO AN COST THE DEAD SKINS SOME GAMES.....

Coles will not do as well as last year and well...Randy is the man and he will do well...

LL

F The DEAD SKINS...

Veteran
    Morton gets my vote. He won't finish the year if they give him that many touches.

Screw 'em all. I hope they wallow in 6-10 Hell for many years to come.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Here we go 4 quater jets up by 7 3:45 seconds left in the 1st half skins need 35 yards for a td 2nd & goal deep to laverneous wide open ..drops the ball in the endzone.oh what a shame !3rd and 10 same play td laverneous !WAIT THERE`S A FLAG RT OFF SIDES BRING IT BACK . WITH 1 MIN.LEFT BEFORE THE HALF the skins try a double reverse to chad morton BAM .ELLIS NAILS HIM LIKE HE KNEW THE PLAY .WITH 20 SECONDS LEFT ON 4TH DOWN HALL COMES IN FOR A 45 YARDER ,IT`S BLOCKED JETS RECOVER RUN 60 YARDS THE OTHER WAY TD JETS. UP BY 14 AT THE HALF JETS GO ON TO WIN 34-10.

Hall Of Fame
    Hall sucks. His kickoffs rarely reach the end zone any more. He's hit one big kick in his career and missed a sheetload of others. Heck, if Westoff had his way, he was probably facing a camp chellenege anyway. Brien will too.