Thread: Who can we draft late to replace Morton?

All League
    As much as I liked Morton, pre-negative comments era, I do believe he is easily replaceable. I say with WEsthoff's tutelage, all we need to draft is another mighty-mite with speed. REturners don't have to be gifted, just fast. Any suitable replacements in the later rounds?

All League
    I do think it's imperative that Morton's replacement be short. I think having such a low center of gravity really helps returners in terms of cutting and vision. SO I'm really asking if there are any good short recievers we could pick up in the later rounds.

From Jets Confidential, here is an excerpt that lists Jonathan Carter as a possible replacement and three guys who we could draft late.

So what will the Jets do to replace Morton, who was arguably the NFL's best kick returner last year? Right now, the leading candidate for the job is speedy wideout Jon Carter, who they claimed off waivers last year from the Giants. Also expect them to draft a returner. Players like Stanford's Ryan Wells, Mississippi's Jason Armstead or USC's Darrell Rideaux are possibilities. Rideaux is considered by many to be the best returner in the draft.