Thread: Have fun in washington!

with all the former jets signing with the skins it makes me wonder dosent anyone want to win anymore?

Its not like the jets havent been a playoff calibar team.
    we have proven that we are a superbowl contender,so why is everybody running to the skins.
    Iknow we didnt match the coles offer and we lost chad(unfairly) but my point
    you can leave but dont act like your off to a better team,your not!
    these guys are simply happy about their new contracts,nothing more.
    the skins aren't even close to playoff caliber.
    just make me think about the days when there was team loyality,and players dreamed of spending their entire career with one team, this who's going to pay me more attitude makes me sick.

coles has no QB and morton has no chance of being a NFL halfback.
    so i say to them have fun in the NFC east cellar!!!!!!

All Pro
    Classic Case of Snyder playing Fantasy Football with his mega millions.

1) Coles is good, but not great. I'll admit that it was a shame he had to lose him. But he's not worth the money he's making. He's got sophomore QB with a cannon arm passing to him, but no accuracy so he'll be laid out on crossing patterns. CP never laid coles out. Plus COles is going to be a #2 recieer. I don't know how he'll handle less touches.

2) Morton is HIGHLY OVERRATED. he did wonders for us that one game. If you take away those two run backs, morton was just an average KR. The saints got him in the 5th round. No reason we can't get another morton in the 5th as well. Plus we have Jonathan Carter who can return kicks. MoSs is the best PR in the game right now.

3) John Hall is average at best.

4) Randy Thomas is not worth the money he's getting.

thanks for all the memories. But now that they are Redskins, I wish them all the worst.

Even though the skins overpaid for the players, I still hate to see this much turnover... I for one wanted to keep Morton thinking he could do a lot out of the backfield in place of R Anderson. This draft will be very important and could make or break the season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 03:48 AM
    [b]

2) Morton is HIGHLY OVERRATED. he did wonders for us that one game. If you take away those two run backs, morton was just an average KR. The saints got him in the 5th round. No reason we can't get another morton in the 5th as well. Plus we have Jonathan Carter who can return kicks. MoSs is the best PR in the game right now.

[/b][/quote]
    You know what pisses me off the most here? Not losing Morton, but HOW we lost him. The Jets were being good soldiers and playing be the rules that were confirmed by NFL Mgmt Council and then they get screwed by some shady arbitrator. The skins are ****ting all over us and the league and no in the NFL office is doing anything about it.

Maxman
    4H I hate the turnover as well. Last year was brutal. Luckily the turnover isn't that crucial on offense or defense. On Off we have a new Guard and a new WR. Plenty of time for them to learn things.

On defense other then rookies we should be set.

The Special Teams have been depleted...kicker punter KO returner. But if I had to replace any of the 3 (off def or SP) I would pick Special Teams. Still important but Westhoff should be able to rebuild things.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by petejett+Apr 8 2003, 02:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (petejett @ Apr 8 2003, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PhillyJetsPhanatic[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 03:48 AM
    [b]

2) Morton is HIGHLY OVERRATED. he did wonders for us that one game. If you take away those two run backs, morton was just an average KR. The saints got him in the 5th round. No reason we can&#39;t get another morton in the 5th as well. Plus we have Jonathan Carter who can return kicks. MoSs is the best PR in the game right now.

[/b][/quote]
    You know what pisses me off the most here? Not losing Morton, but HOW we lost him. The Jets were being good soldiers and playing be the rules that were confirmed by NFL Mgmt Council and then they get screwed by some shady arbitrator. The skins are ****ting all over us and the league and no in the NFL office is doing anything about it. [/b][/quote]
    agreed, once again the Jets get crapped on...maybe we need a a--hole owner like Jerry Jones or Al Davis to stop the bull--it..
    NAHHH, never mind

Veteran
    I start to wonder if the league doesn&#39;t have it out for the Jets - everytime we get real close to being a superior team, wham&#33;&#33; Bad luck or something happens to us.

All I can say is that all those players that went to the ForeSkins - I hope you choke on that money you got. Also, I hope on the 4th of September that Moroton fumbles his first kickoff when strains his hamstring ( out then for 6 weeks) and on their first possession, Ramsey gets sacked by JAbe and dislocates his right shoulder ( out 7-8 weeks), and on his first reception from Rob Johnson, Coles pops his knee(3-4 months).

Would love to see this happen, nothing permanent, just hurrt for the season in which the Skins go 5-11, while the Jets win their season opener on their way to a 13-3 season, win the division and who knows.

No anger or resentment in this post&#33;&#33;

I can buy the loss of Thomas and Hall as not TOO damaging. But other losses have been significant. Morton, IMO, is a huge loss. Pennington&#39;s FP may not be awesome on a regular basis now. Also, who do the Jets have to make up for Anderson&#39;s catches? Sowell? Baker? This loss (coupled with others this offseason) may make for another tough season for the Jets: lookin&#39; mediocre at best right now for 2003.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 7 2003, 07:56 PM
    [b]
    we have proven that we are a superbowl contender [/b][/quote]
    Exactly how have the Jets "proven" they are a Super Bowl contender? Maybe a playoff contender, but a long way from being anywhere near the Super Bowl.

I think the Coles loss is the only one that will hurt this team. And even then it&#39;s only minor.

With the Coles situation we could have lost him at any point through injury anyhow - we&#39;d have lived with that eventuality. If one player really is responsible for your whole offensive potency then you have other problems. I&#39;d rather remove the self appointed superstar and spread the workload around the rest of our receiving corps.

The rest of them don&#39;t even register on the radar as far as I&#39;m concerned. Just like losing Aaron Glenn last year was meant to handicap our defence, yet it didn&#39;t turn out that way.

Craig Yeast was fantastic in 2001 and has done nothing of note since he left. We have a great special teams unit which makes Mr Nobody punt returners look like they are worth more than they are.

Randy Thomas? Wasn&#39;t exactly movin&#39; bodies and creating holes for Curtis last season, so a change might be good.

Hall? Average kicker - no problems with him going and I&#39;m sure his weed will grow just fine in Washington.

Anderson? Somehow we&#39;re so pissed at Washington and Snyder that we&#39;ve forgotten about him already and he was a more important player than Morton.

When we go 1-0, nobody will give too much of a crap about the guys who aren&#39;t there.

Support the squad we have - it&#39;s a very good one, and (to paraphrase Sooth) anyone who has left should be dead to us now.