Thread: Morton arbitrator is a Redskins fan

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Believe it or not, the arbitrator, Richard Bloch[head], is a Redskins season ticket holder. Something stinks in Denmark.

[img]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/833/as3863.gif[/img]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is just ****ing ludicrous. How can this be allowed? This is a blatant conflict of interest. The league office is a bunch of f*cking p*$$ies if they don't investigate this. :angry:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the stories say that this cannot be appealed! But somebody needs to review this.

Richard Bloch should have recused himself. As a season ticket holder for the Washington Redskins he should know that any ruling he makes would be called into question. He should value his integrity more.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 04:23 AM
    [b] All the stories say that this cannot be appealed! But somebody needs to review this.

Richard Bloch should have recused himself. As a season ticket holder for the Washington Redskins he should know that any ruling he makes would be called into question. He should value his integrity more. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with this. While I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was not biased in his ruling (no way to prove this), YOU MUST recuse (sp) yourself if there is EVEN A DOUBT in your credibility. My key question: I'm sure people knew who the arbitrator was PRIOR to the hearing. Why didn't the NFL complain about him then!?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 08:23 AM
    [b] All the stories say that this cannot be appealed! But somebody needs to review this.

Richard Bloch should have recused himself. As a season ticket holder for the Washington Redskins he should know that any ruling he makes would be called into question. He should value his integrity more. [/b][/quote]
    Correction - All of the stories say the JETS cannot appeal. The Jets were never a party to the hearing. It was between NFL Mgmt Council amd NFLPA. The Jets, skins were never directly involved. SO the question is will NFL Mgmt Council appeal? I agree this needs to be looked into. The skins are making a mockery of the league.,its rules and the CBA and no one is doing anything about it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn&#39;t arbitration binding and non reviewable in most if not all cases? I think that is the normal agreement when an arbitor is called in to make a decision. I think aec4 made a good point on another thread: Westhoff will [b]make[/b] another excellent returner. I&#39;m not too worried about losing Morton < although I am annoyed by the moron with the big mouth in DC >, I think we&#39;ll find another fast guy that will work out for us.

[SIZE=3][b]So, bye-bye now, enjoy the summer in DC, and we WILL see you SOON, VERY SOON...[/b][/SIZE]

[img]http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2002-11/5548038.jpg[/img]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GreenBeans[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 02:42 PM
    [b] Isn&#39;t arbitration binding and non reviewable in most if not all cases? I think that is the normal agreement when an arbitor is called in to make a decision. I think aec4 made a good point on another thread: Westhoff will [b]make[/b] another excellent returner. I&#39;m not too worried about losing Morton < although I am annoyed by the moron with the big mouth in DC >, I think we&#39;ll find another fast guy that will work out for us.

[SIZE=3][b]So, bye-bye now, enjoy the summer in DC, and we WILL see you SOON, VERY SOON...[/b][/SIZE]

[img]http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2002-11/5548038.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    The whole situation just stinks. I don&#39;t see how this can be binding when the arbitrator is a redskin season ticket holder. This is an obvious conflict of interest.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Call me paranoid but sometimes it seems like the Jets constantly get crapped on..Is it we don&#39;t put up enough fight so we don&#39;t rock the NFL boat? I don&#39;t understand how the management council can tell us one thibf & we get punished for listening to them..ENOUGH IS ENOUGH&#33; This one we should fight for..stand up & be heard...and at least get better then a 5th rounder since we could have gotten more then that by trading him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arbitration is binding and except for rare cases involving gross imcompetence cannot be reversed. As a guy who works for a city that takes every contract to arbitration, I have learned that both sides sit down and agree to arbitration. In addition, both sides typically interview prospectve arbitrator candidates and both agree on a arbitrator to hear the case. Not sure how it worked in this instance but that&#39;s the way it works around my dump department. If that is the case then the Jets didn&#39;t do their homework before agreeing on an arbitrator.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]undefined[/b]

I am sorry but this is a Gross violation of arbitration rules. This reeks of a pre-bias

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 09:03 AM
    [b] Arbitration is binding and except for rare cases involving gross imcompetence cannot be reversed. As a guy who works for a city that takes every contract to arbitration, I have learned that both sides sit down and agree to arbitration. In addition, both sides typically interview prospectve arbitrator candidates and both agree on a arbitrator to hear the case. Not sure how it worked in this instance but that&#39;s the way it works around my dump department. If that is the case then the Jets didn&#39;t do their homework before agreeing on an arbitrator. [/b][/quote]
    It wasn&#39;t the Jets homework to do as they were not a party to this hearing. Again this was between NFL Mgmt Council and NFLPA. Not the teams. So to review NFL Mgmt Council gave the possibly bad info and then bungled teh arbitration case.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I now hate the Skins as much as the Phins&#33; I&#39;m so pissed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that something like this (final Morton decision) could ONLY happen to our Jets. It&#39;s sad.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I really think the league owes us an explanation as to how the Jets could be penalized for following the rules and how a redskin season ticket holder gets to decide the case.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read in Newsday today, that the Jets were going to cave in and sign Morton to the contract w/ the voidable years but the arbitrator told them basically the deadline had already passed for them to do so, therefore they couldn&#39;t. ARRRGGGG this injustice really pisses me off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 10:56 AM
    [b] I read in Newsday today, that the Jets were going to cave in and sign Morton to the contract w/ the voidable years but the arbitrator told them basically the deadline had already passed for them to do so, therefore they couldn&#39;t. ARRRGGGG this injustice really pisses me off. [/b][/quote]
    I read the someting similar in another paper. It sounds to me like the arbitrator had this case pre-decided.