Thread: What do we do

All Pro
    Ok so what do we do to replace Morton.. Free agents, trades, draft??

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by djaparz[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 04:18 AM
    [b] Ok so what do we do to replace Morton.. Free agents, trades, draft?? [/b][/quote]
    Kick returners can be replaced easily. This ruling is going to be a blessing in disguise for the Jets. We have the best special teams coach in the league. He'll "make" another returner without issue. Think about it. Morton returned kicks well in 2001. He then went down. Yeast came in, and HE returned kicks well. Moss returns punts well. Give Westhoff another athlete, and he'll return kicks. No worry here!

All Pro
    ok u made me feel better about the situation - thank you!!!

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

I agree. I have the utmost confidence in Mike Westhoff.

Banned
    I agree. Looking at the big picture this is probably a good thing. Clearly the JETS were going to overpay for a kick returner. Now we'll pay fair market value. How much cap space will this save?

As long as Westhoff is the special teams coach I'm confident that the JETS will continue to get outstanding kick returns. That seems to be his track record.

It's just that the process seems so damned unfair. That's what bothers me here. :angry:

Same feelings here - I wanna know how much cap room we now have. :)

With the extra draft picks and two less backloaded contracts, I'm feeling pretty confident that the Jets wont be losing any players for a couple of seasons to come.

Next year - we get to rape and pillage! ;)