Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who besides me thinks santana is gunna have.......

1000 yards receiving/rushing(on reverses)
    about 7TD
    punt return for a TD
    kick return for a TD <---i doubt they will have him return kicks but they should

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by emslave[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 11:01 AM
    [b] 1000 yards receiving/rushing(on reverses)
    about 7TD
    punt return for a TD
    kick return for a TD <---i doubt they will have him return kicks but they should [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think he should be returning kicks, especially if you are going to rely on him to be a big part of the passing game. However, you must keep him returning punts, because he&#39;s one of the best in the NFL at that.

I think Santana is CAPABLE of those numbers, however HE NEEDS to work on his hands. Basically, they are stone. He bobbles EVERY pass thrown to him. That keeps some of his acrobatic sideline catches from counting, because he gets his feet down while bobbling the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by aec4+Apr 8 2003, 04:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (aec4 @ Apr 8 2003, 04:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--emslave[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 11:01 AM
    [b] 1000 yards receiving/rushing(on reverses)
    about 7TD
    punt return for a TD
    kick return for a TD <---i doubt they will have him return kicks but they should [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think he should be returning kicks, especially if you are going to rely on him to be a big part of the passing game. However, you must keep him returning punts, because he&#39;s one of the best in the NFL at that.

I think Santana is CAPABLE of those numbers, however HE NEEDS to work on his hands. Basically, they are stone. He bobbles EVERY pass thrown to him. That keeps some of his acrobatic sideline catches from counting, because he gets his feet down while bobbling the ball. [/b][/quote]
    Santana should continue to return punts while leaving kickoff returns to someone else. He proved last season that he is dangerous back there, forcing teams to kick away from him and sacrifice field position on the punt. As for returning kicks, I have no idea who gets that job this season.

but u guys have to admit santana in the open field with 20 yards of open field is SCARY.

if our defense improves from last year and by the end of the year we were real strong there wont be many kickoffs to us. id love to see what this guy could do with those 20 free yards in front of him. it could also force teams to try to kick away from him possibly kicking out of bounds. i say lets use all his weapons

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by emslave[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 05:13 AM
    [b] but u guys have to admit santana in the open field with 20 yards of open field is SCARY. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s scary, you are correct. Scary that he won&#39;t get up uninjured&#33; Kick off returns are a MUCH more dangerous business&#33;

Undrafted Free Agent
    I say at least 2 punt returns for TDs. The rest I agree with.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by emslave[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 10:13 AM
    [b] but u guys have to admit santana in the open field with 20 yards of open field is SCARY. [/b][/quote]
    Santana will be best put to use on screen passes, hitches, quick outs and hooks. Routes in which Chad can get him the ball quickly with some room and let his feet and moves to the rest. Moss is never going to be a great vertical threat in my opinion. If we employ him to his ability he will be dangerous.....as long as he stays healthy.

He came on late last year adn he&#39;ll only get better with his role expanded this year, he should and will be our #2 WR.

I love him returning punts, but not on kickoffs. Look at Sehorn.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 06:10 PM
    [b] He came on late last year adn he&#39;ll only get better with his role expanded this year, he should and will be our #2 WR. [/b][/quote]
    The scariest part is he might end up being #1 real quick, depending on Conway&#39;s health...

Rookie
    I think Santana will have an average year. I&#39;m not sure he will get 1000 yds receiving though. He will definately pick up a couple of TD&#39;s on special teams though.

All Pro
    All we need is for Santana to stay healthy. The threat of Santana makes the other team a lot more tentive in thier special teams. They will send out extra gunners instead of protecting the Punter, leaving the OL more susceptible to blocked kicks (think Chris Burkett).

I agree with the Gun in that Santana is best suited for quick slants, screens, and quick outs. He&#39;s not a great route runner and not THAT big of a deep threat. At least we haven&#39;t seen it yet.

IF we can ge 1100 and 5 TD out of Conway, 800 and 6 TD (2 on secial teams) out of Moss, 600 and 6TD out of Crebet. He should call that a great year for the recieving corps.

If Chad could hit him on the deep routes he&#39;d be a big deep threat, he can beat the corners deep.

Veteran
    dont forget , he will probably draw double coverage quite a bit,,,chrebet wont get the double and conway probably wont,,,,that will effect production....

Hall Of Fame
    I just spoke to Tan&#39;s brother he will be coming home on Thursday, I&#39;ll post you as to his thoughts on the upcoming season soon.

If santana can stay healthy i agree he will have 1000 yds receiving,but i dont think we should let him return kickoffs.

Veteran
    There is no way Moss is going to get 1000 recieving, especially at #3. Chrebet is much better than Moss and is not going to loose his job. I wish Moss would contribute more, but I just don&#39;t see it happening on the offense. Special teams I agree he will be great, probably even better than last year. I would say never put him back to return kicks, he is fragile enough without returning kickoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

OK,now who here aside from me thinksSIDELINE SANTANA had enough trouble staying healthy splitting time on punt returns with morton and now that he`s going to be in more ,he`s (MOSS) got a better chance of getting injured and spending more time onthe bench?

santana would be even more dangerous opposite a guy like Kelley Washington, or Calico