Thread: Don't let the door hit ya' on the way out!

Here's my take on the Jetskins offseason to date....

1) Hall --- we've wanted to get rid of him for 3 years already. Doug Brien will be up against a kicked to be named (possibly a 6th or 7th round draft pick??), and costs significantly less than the inconsistent Hall.

2) Randy Thomas --- will be making almost as much as Mawae. 'Nuff said.

3) Laverneus --- Really liked him as a player, but like almost all athletes, money corrupted him. I'm not faulting the guy for bolting for an extra $3Mil (or more) in bonus money, but he could have done it with class. He says the Jets didn't show him respect, and I think the opposite is true. He was offered money that a top 20 receiver deserves. He signed with the 'Skins for top 5 money.

4) Morton --- Never want to talk about it again. While it is obviously ridiculous that the matter was decided by a 'Skins season ticket holder, it is now a moot point. Morton wanted more offensive playing time. Fine. But saying he didn't want to be a Jet is also ridiculous. If it wasn't for us trading for him, he'd still be riding the pine in New Orleans.

BOTTOM LINE.............................

THE JETS MUST WIN IN WASHINGTON ON SEPTEMEBER 4TH. THAT'S IT. BEATING THE SKINS WILL BE THE ONLY WAY TO ONE-UP SNYDER

Oh yeah...and sign Champ Bailey next year.

This is the bottom line. The Skins think they can be like the Rangers and Yankees and BUY a championship...F Them. We will SPANK them on opening day. Man...NOW I AM JUICED UP..now I can't wait...I have a new enemy team...the DEAD SKINS!

F Them!

LL

Undrafted Free Agent
    this is it the redskins are my number most hated teams just behind number 1 miami

Veteran
    So who would be the most hated enemy now?

1. Skins
    2. Fins
    3. Pats
    4. C-Boys?
    5. Knicks

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Coach Edwards is invoking the "open door policy" guys. If U really don't want to wear Jets green proudly - there's the door. ;)

Will losing these players really hurt us? I don't think so if they R playing with the mindset that they could have made more money somewhere else.

I'm sure mastermind Westhoff is already working on a scheme to make Morton look useless. I think Hall is getting slammed a little harshly. He had a pretty productive career in tough conditions of Giants Stadium and we finally have a decent kicking surface.

Based on what I am seeing right now, I don't think he was really that overpaid. Alot of his misses last season were a pourous line that let people walk right through to block a few. I will reserve judgement on Brien b/c I do not know much about him.

But if we carry two kickers on the roster which I doubt will happen, then we are paying about the same money with one less roster spot. I am nervous to start the season with a new kicker. It is not the easiest stadium to kick in.

I have a question, I thought a team had to be under the cap to sign a player. I thought Arrington restructured to add Coles, but did he free up enough money for Morton.