Thread: Youth Movement ?

Comment and a question:

With the departure now of Morton, this roster is getting older/slower not younger/faster - departed Hall (29), Thomas (27), Coles (25), Morton (26). Arrived - Conway (32), Nutten (31), Brien (32).

Also, doesn't this call into question the stories about players wanting to be here to play for "players coach" Herm ?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Brit Jet[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 10:47 AM
    [b]

Also, doesn't this call into question the stories about players wanting to be here to play for "players coach" Herm ? [/b][/quote]
    Obviously these guys are full of s**t and only care about the money.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Brit Jet[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 10:47 AM
    [b] Also, doesn't this call into question the stories about players wanting to be here to play for "players coach" Herm ? [/b][/quote]
    I don't think so. Three (Coles, Thoma, Hall) left for $ that is far more than anyone else would have paid. Morton left for $ and the chance to get more touches, something he was not talented enough to do on the Jets.

All logical and I don't have any problem with them doing it.

I'm also glad we didn't match any of those contracts.

I think those arrivals are stopgaps while we wait to see what draft picks from the past 2 seasons pan out, so while it does bother me for 2004 it doesn't foretell any longterm trend IMO.

Jet Set Junta - I love the Avatar. How great is the All your base are belond to us video.