Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Morton's replacement

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry if it is a repost

Jets | Replacing Morton - posted at KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    4:29 PT: Updating previous reports, Randy Lange for the Bergen Record reports the New York Jets might try RB LaMont Jordan and WR Jonathan Carter at kick returner to replace Chad Morton. The team also might look to one of its nine draft picks to select a returner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever happened to Craig Yeast? Yeast rises to the occasion!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we need to give Carter a shot. He has amazing speed and I was never a fan of having both our backup rb's returning kicks especially since Curtis is still hurting from last year. I don't think we look at Yeast unless he comes really cheap. We have too many draft picks at our disposal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TANK[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 07:38 AM
    [b] I think we need to give Carter a shot. He has amazing speed and I was never a fan of having both our backup rb's returning kicks especially since Curtis is still hurting from last year. I don't think we look at Yeast unless he comes really cheap. We have too many draft picks at our disposal. [/b][/quote]
    Yeast is on Miami's roster and playing in NFL Europe

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    From JetsConfidential here are a couple of guys that are exclusive returners that we may take a look at. They also did mention Jonathan Carter as a replacement.

"Also expect them to draft a returner. Players like Stanford's Ryan Wells, Mississippi's Jason Armstead or USC's Darrell Rideaux are possibilities. Rideaux is considered by many to be the best returner in the draft."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets have no choice but to try Carter out as a return guy. I will look for the Jets to pick up someone in the draft to return kicks also, in case Carter turns out to be another Dedrick Ward.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Sean Bennett could be a good return man [i][b]if[/b][/i] he stays healthy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bennett is not fast enough. He'll be a good reciever out of the back field though. He's got great hands.