Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: your feelings on the nfl and the morton deal

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: I think it is a good point that others have brought up about Morton, he was traded by the Saints because they had two better RBs
    (williams and mcallister) and a better KR (knighht). I mean they let this guy go for Earthwind Moreland for christs sake. Now all of a sudden he should get 20 touches a game, I dont remember him picking up any yards the five times he touched the ball on offense last year anyway. My point is that it may very well be Westhoff's schemes that made him better than he is and he can do the same for LJ or JC next year.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 07:00 PM
    [b]
    The comic relief continues. This has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read. To be a "better team without them" and "going into the draft as winners" is absurd.

I hope your "dime a dozen" kicker is not put into any pressure situations where the outcome of the game is on the line. That never happens in the NFL.

Face it, you lost some very good football players and you have not come remotely close to replacing them.[/b][/quote]
    Before you embarass your self anymore let me remind you that the off season ENDS this summer not tomorrow. That is a very long time from now. Being 6 million under the cap right now puts us in great position for picking up some impact players after the June 1st Cuts. The offseason is not a sprint but a marathon and we are conserving our cap space for more prudent ventures.

Did we lose some good players? Yes. But they were overvalued by a very very bad owner.
    Do we have a shorthanded roster right now? Most definitely, but we are in a great poisiton to get better, this year and far beyond .How many team can say that right now.

Cap Space is a great blessing we aven't had in awhile. That's the reason we'll be better off without them. A guard making 6 million? i don't think so. Is Coles worth top 5 wr money? I dont' think so either. We can use this money to address other issues, thus making us better off going into the draft.

You know what, I'm am ecstatic that Chad Morton is gone. Granted he had great open field vision but I think that is attributed to the system that Westoff implements. Plus, he didn't want to be here. Good luck with the 20 touches that he wants from the Redskins, albeit 5 or 6 will be on kick returns. And what I cannot wait for is when or if we have to punt to him in Week 1 and see Jason Glenn and Kelvin Moses absolutely tear his head off when he can't catch the punt.

More importantly, I think this gives us more manuevability in the draft. We now have 9 selections so I'm sure that Bradway has done his homework to draft players that will best fit our system, offensively, defensively and special teams.

All Pro
    to borrow a quote from Shuler82 on another thread.

AND WHAT ABOUT 2 FIRST ROUNDERS?!?!?! AND PLENTY OF CAP SPACE TO MAKE A MOVE OR TWO!!!

> we are in great shape for some big move during the draft and after. I've never been this excited for the draft in years.

CHAMPIONSHIPS AREN'T WON IN THE SPRING.

amen brother. tell the redneck Pats Fan in TX that.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 03:56 PM
    [b] Before you embarass your self anymore let me remind you that the off season ENDS this summer not tomorrow. That is a very long time from now. Being 6 million under the cap right now puts us in great position for picking up some impact players after the June 1st Cuts. The offseason is not a sprint but a marathon and we are conserving our cap space for more prudent ventures.

Did we lose some good players? Yes. But they were overvalued by a very very bad owner.
    Do we have a shorthanded roster right now? Most definitely, but we are in a great poisiton to get better, this year and far beyond .How many team can say that right now.

Cap Space is a great blessing we aven't had in awhile. That's the reason we'll be better off without them. A guard making 6 million? i don't think so. Is Coles worth top 5 wr money? I dont' think so either. We can use this money to address other issues, thus making us better off going into the draft. [/b][/quote]
    Fair response. Let's see what happens the next several months.

Banned
    We were done dirty. But we'll have the last laugh.

Let me be the first to say it; the JETS will win the Superbowl!

I am not happy with the league for being so Redskin friendly. I truely beleive that Snyder has some serious connections so that he can have a team over the salary cap and have an arbitrator that is in his pocket. That does upset me, but realistically nothing can be done about it. Its time to move on.

The Jets have 9 Draft picks, thats a hell of a step towards regaining what they have lost. Im actually very happy about losing Morton, why pay a roleplayer that much money, sure he can return kicks but he can be neutralized any game just by not kicking to him. I think between the June 1st cuts and our 9 draft picks the Jets will be looking at a divsion crown. The core of the team is still very strong and with all the youth that is going to be injected not to mention the fact that our cap situation is really good, I see great things.

As far as getting back at the Redskins, there is only one way...Kick there Asses on the Thursday opener. This game is the most highly anticipated that I have seen in a long time and you all know the Jets will be up for this one. Dan snyder has money and on paper his team looks decent but just like we found out so many times, paper doesnt play football.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 06:34 PM
    [b] [/QUOTE]
    Instead, the Jets FO rolled the dice and lost.

[/b][/quote]
    But that' just it, the Jets didn't roll the dice. They got confirmation for NFL MC that it was a legal match. And then it was overturned by a redkin season ticket holder. Where is the justice?