Thread: Do the JETS still have recourse .....Lawsuit???

:angry: Yes according to sorces The Jets can&#39;t challenge the arbitrators decision... but they might have legal recourse..... Just like a judge and arbitrator must be impartial. <_< If it&#39;s true that the this guy Redskins season ticket hold a Judge could rule that he should have excused himself from this ruling

Hall Of Fame
    It&#39;ll never happen.

I may be giving TB too much credit but I think he did not want to re-sign Morton, he only wanted to sign him on his terms which meant without the voidable years. If he really wanted to retain Morton then he would have put a stipulation in the contract that if the voidable years were valid, the Jets could still sign the tender.

Hall Of Fame
    For them to take the decision to court and win they would have to show gross negligence/biased on part of the arbitrator. Unless it&#39;s blatant it&#39;s almost impossible.

Hall Of Fame
    Again as I said in an earlier post - The [b][color=red]N[/color][color=gray]F[/color][color=blue]L[/color][/b] Offices will not let us. This has now become a [b]NFLPA[/b] issue that will in 2007 be a MAJOR problem in negotiations. They [b][NFLPA][/b] & not the Redskins went to arbitration. Problem is that even though Snyder did indicate collusion with the Arbitrator "I can hardly wait to see Morton in Red & Gold" the NFL can do nothing but sit on it&#39;s hands in this matter. They will also instruct the [i][color=green][b]JETS[/b][/color][/i] to do the same.

[color=green][SIZE=4][b]Trust me: This BITES&#33;[/b][/color][/SIZE] ;)

Hall Of Fame
    This just in from ESPN:

THe JETS have filed a lawsuit against the NLFPA and arbitrator Bloch, according to sources there is a 1% chance that the red fore skins will keep Morton after all&#33;&#33;&#33;

I guess thats the same 1% chance taht we would lose him too, huh?

Banned
    I wonder what Al Davis would do? :ph34r:

Pehaps it&#39;s time for our front office to adopt some of his tactics.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 03:40 PM
    [b] I wonder what Al Davis would do? :ph34r:

Pehaps it&#39;s time for our front office to adopt some of his tactics. [/b][/quote]
    Al Davis would sue the NFL for 2 things: 1) &#036;100 million 2) Home field against the Jets until 2056

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Apr 8 2003, 03:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Apr 8 2003, 03:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tailgators[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 03:40 PM
    [b] I wonder what Al Davis would do? :ph34r:

Pehaps it&#39;s time for our front office to adopt some of his tactics. [/b][/quote]
    Al Davis would sue the NFL for 2 things: 1) &#036;100 million 2) Home field against the Jets until 2056 [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t laugh the league has probably already offered that to him to drop some of his lawsuits. :huh:

Especially home field vs. the JETS