Thread: Sapp to Cincy?

Just read on KFFL Sapp may go to Cincy for the overall #1. Who do you think Tampa selects in that spot?

charles rogers and then tampa sends us keyshawn, and then I wake up from my dream

Veteran
    Why are they looking to get rid of Sapp, he is the heart of the defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

NFL | Buccaneers and Bengals Talk? - posted at KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    15:40 PT: Kevin Goheen reports for the Cincinnati Post an NFL source told the newspaper the Cincinnati Bengals may be interested in trading their No. 1 pick in the upcoming April draft to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Reportedly the two sides have conducted preliminary discussions about the matter. One name that has surfaced for a possible trade is that of DT Warren Sapp.

Never, Ever Happen!!!!

All Pro
    I don't see this happening. Sapp is the reason they are where they are.

All League
    I FORGET WHERE I READ THIS ARTICLE TODAY, BUT IT SAID THAT WHEN MARVIN LEWIS WAS QUESTIONED ABOUT THIS RUMOR.......HE JUST SIMPLY LAUGHED AND SAID "NOW THAT IS FUNNY"

THAT DEAL WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Hall Of Fame
    Never gonna happen. Why trade Sapp, their loudmouthed anchor of the defensive line?

Let's say TB does trade the mouth ......what do they spend the #1 on? A qb for the future? A RB? Or a young DT to fill Sapp's position......

HEY!
    You guys really give Sapp far too much credit. He had like 5 sacks last year. He talks more than he performs. Rice was dominant last year and it's NOT because Sapp was double teamed...because he wasn't! Rice beat double teams every week.
    Sapp is a big-mouthed jerk. He is above average but not THAT good. He had one garbage-time sack in the SB and took credit for the victory like he was the QB.

And for the record----> John Lynch is the heart of that defense. He is the anchor of that squad.

If Tampa got a #1 for Sapp it would be a [color=red]STEAL![/color]

All Pro
    [color=green][SIZE=1]HERE THE DEAL BENGAL 1ST ROUND PICK FOR BUCS WARREN SAPP AND NEXT YEAR [/color]NO 1 [/SIZE]

Not Happening people!

agreed. no way Sapp goes.

I don't see it happening either... I mean, why would Marvin Lewis mortgage the cap to get Sapp?

He could keep his pick and get a fresh young DT, why take Sapp?

Hall Of Fame
    i don't see this trade happening
    if it does; tampa will trade down for more picks ~ ~ ~ B)

Veteran
    Just trying to get past water boy

No way this is happening..Gruden and Sapp are always seen buddying around and he would never go there...