Thread: texans 3rd pick = J e t s

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I am a very big jet fan, and it is gettin fustarting to lose games because of lack of a pass rush, and in turn good quaterbacks are given the time to pick apart our defense. I read yesterday that the jets rejected a trade that would have given them the 3rd overal pick from the texans for their 13th pick and lamount Jordon. Now I really like Lamount, but for a backup running back they would now be in position to get someone like terrel suggs, or another top 5 d-tackle. Can anyone explain to me why this happened???? Cant the jets get another RB in the late rounds of the draft. PLEASE RESPOND

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no player in the draft other than the 2 WRs available that is impact enough to warrant moving up to #3 for Lamont

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    BRADWAY REJECTED IT!Saying there`s nobody in this years draft worth two players or two firstround picks. hey bradway thats 2 firstround signing bonus` also and two first round contracts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I have been staying.......keep the two picks and draft defense. I don't like the idea of trading away Lamont and a pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bad move, If Curtis is still not 100% this year, everyone will see how valuable Jordan can be.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should keep Lamont Jordan for as long as possible. This guy is good and has proven it. He will only get better. Whats wrong with a one two punch out of the backfield and getting Martin a good rest now and again. It worked great for Denver and now with Anderson gone I think Jordan should get more touches. I think Herm or Hackett should make this guy a major part of our game plan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the original poster can't understand why the JEts correctly rejected that horrible trade proposal, then that person wshould really think about whether s/he really follows football. The proposal was horrible and to think otherwise just defies logic.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So it was BAVERIA ,WHO SHOT UP THE PALESTEIN HOTEL IN BAGDAD TODAY...COOL TANK!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we ever did trade Jordan i think i would be in favor of doing it for a proven veteran. I don't think a chancey draft pick would be the best thing to receive for a guy thats right on the verge of making it big. I think we could get better value for him. I would like to see what he could do this year also before we trade him. It would only be a good trade to the texans if there was a shure thing in this years draft that we could get. I think the only sure things are Charles Rogers and Terrance Newman, but we have a greater need for a DL and LB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    it hasnt happenned because Lamont is gonna be a STUD and Terry knows it!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [color=green]I[b] MAKE THAT TRADE ONLY IF WE TAKE NEWMAN OR KENNEDY WITH THAT PICK[/b] [/color]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there was an offer for the trade I thought the jets should have made it.
    I dont think Lamont set the world on fire when he had the opportunity when Martin was hurt.

In two years he will be a free agent, Martin's contract ties him to the jets for at least three more years before it is cheaper to cut him than play him.
    I cant see the Jets affording to sign Pennington, Abe, and Lamont long term. In two years the contracts for Mahwae (sp) Martin and Chrebet will be at a much higher hit than now.

My thinking is that the jets could have traded the 3 to Minn for the 7 and #70 pick. With the #7, I believe Boller would be the only qb left leaving Carlina and Baltamore willing to trade. Trading down to Balt at 10 for a switch of picks in the 2nd rd. #54 will now be around #40.

The Jets then select
    #10 Williams, Sullivan or Trufant, Bailey
    #22 Washington, Weathersby,Mathis, Warren
    #40 Thompsun, Bryant Johnson, Pierce, Hayes
    #70 Peek,Young,McMullen, Tillman, Scott, Battle, Oline help
    #80? Ian Scott, James Lee, or whoever you have not yet picked up

In the 4th,and your two 5ths you address WR,RB and Full back.

I see the first breaking down like this

1, Palmer 2, Rodgers 3, Robertson 4, Leftwich
    5, Newman 6, Suggs 7, Kennedy 8, Johnson
    9 Williams (Pats) 10 Boller 11,Sullivan 12 Trufant
    13 Sullivan or Joseph 14 Gross 15, Woolfolk/Washington 16 Harris
    17 Henderson 18 Witten 19 Steinbach/Trade down
    20 haynes 21 Trade with pats for Stienbach/ pats trade down again with Philly for Mcdougle, then at 22 the jets go again. Bailey is still here

I see the pats ending up with Williams and a corner and the Jets ending up with Joseph and Bailey. I just think that Sulivan and Furgeson are two of the same kind of players. I think Edwards goes for more of a push up the middle.