View Poll Results: Whats Your Favorite Football Movie?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Any Given Sunday

9 14.75%
  • Brian's Song (Original Version)

10 16.39%
  • Longest Yard

10 16.39%
  • North Dallas Forty

6 9.84%
  • Other

26 42.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Football Movie

Veteran
    THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe noone has chimed in with this classic!

so long as no one says [b]varsity blues[/b]

GREAT WHIPPED CREAM TRICK

BAD BAD MOVIE

Practice Squad
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 10:13 PM
    [b] THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe noone has chimed in with this classic! [/b][/quote]
    The Program is definitely a classic

necessary roughness!!!!!

flushingjet
    The Waterboy

The Longest Yard and Rudy for very different reasons. Great films.

I would not nominate Any Given Sunday for anything, because it distorted the reality of the game. It took every corrupt aspect of football and magnified it to the point where it was almost laughable. A QB went from humble (actually sick to his stomach), to obnoxious and then reasonable in a matter of weeks.!!! That's just one example. I could go on with the "owner", "coach" and "media" portraial. BTW, the only perspective NOT addressed in the film was that of the fan.

If Hollywood wants to produce another solid sports film in the future, I'd suggest FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS. It's one of the best stories I've ever read.

Rookie
    The Longest Yard was by far the best comedy football film of all times. I've gotten my best sayings from that movie that I still use today.

i like Titans, Friday Night Lights (book), THe Program, All of that stuff

s**t i bet i could recite Rudy line for line (You're 5 foot nothin... a Hundred and Nothin")

but still i voted for Any Given Sunday -

Why? Even tho its cheesy at parts, i felt it was true to the spirit of the NFL as it is today - the drugs, the shady doctors, interfering owners, LL bling bling doing blow off of some hootchies - Pacino was Parcells-esque. I loved the untraditional camera angles, the fact that the first 10 mins made me want to puke seemed about right-- thats how pro football is - quick, sudden, violent, drugged to the gills - in the end a little sickening.

But in that good way...

[img]http://anygivensunday.warnerbros.com/img/coach2.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 11:52 PM
    [b] i like Titans, Friday Night Lights (book), THe Program, All of that stuff

s**t i bet i could recite Rudy line for line (You're 5 foot nothin... a Hundred and Nothin")

but still i voted for Any Given Sunday -

Why? Even tho its cheesy at parts, i felt it was true to the spirit of the NFL as it is today - the drugs, the shady doctors, interfering owners, LL bling bling doing blow off of some hootchies - Pacino was Parcells-esque. I loved the untraditional camera angles, the fact that the first 10 mins made me want to puke seemed about right-- thats how pro football is - quick, sudden, violent, drugged to the gills - in the end a little sickening.

But in that good way...

[img]http://anygivensunday.warnerbros.com/img/coach2.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    He's Tearing This Team Apart!!!!

Maybe Pacino was talking about Keyshawn?

TomShane
    The Waterboy is by far the hardest hitting, best choreographed football movie of all time. That, my friends, is a sad statement on the quality of football movies.

Any Given Sunday and Remember the Titans were about as weak and cheesy as a football movie could possibly be. Sometimes you see these movies and you have to ask yourself if the cinematographer ever actually SAW a football game.

i fully change my vote to[SIZE=4] remember the titans![/SIZE][/SIZE]

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 8 2003, 11:59 PM
    [b] i fully change my vote to[SIZE=4] remember the titans![/SIZE][/SIZE] [/b][/quote]
    I can't like Remember The Titans, because every time I think of a team with a gay QB it reminds me of the Pats.

Banned
    I think the hi-lights of Gale Sayers plays alone makes "Brian's Song" the all-time best.

Besides its sentimental and so am I. Also truth be told, my first name is Brian so I was always drawn to the title.

lets not forget the scene in the Last Boy Scout, where the running back pulls out a 9 mm and starts shooting the defense. that might even be a tad over the top for the jets / skins game

All Pro
    Also, you can&#39;t forget the futuristic football-esque game that Rico and Dizzy play in "Stormship Troopers." Tight, gay uniforms, a chrome football, really lame helmets and the ability for everyone to do a complete front-flip from a standing position. Now THAT&#39;S a classic football scene&#33;&#33;&#33; <_<

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Rudy - Any Given Sunday - The Program - all get 4 stars from me&#33; :D

Rudy all the way, Even if your not a ND fan you still have to love that movie.

I notice that nobody has given the nod to [SIZE=2][b][url=http://us.imdb.com/Title?0092214]Wildcats[/url][/b][/SIZE]&#33;&#33;

C&#39;mon, peeps - Goldie Hawn gets her rack out in that and a huge big fat guy does a three yard vertical&#33;&#33; :D :P

How could you not include the best football movie ever made.....THE PROGRAM&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;....closest thing ive seen close to what I went through in camp.

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7] :lol: Thank you 87&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Johnny Be Good is right up there. I think I&#39;ve seen that flick 15 times over the years.
    -"Thanks coach, I&#39;m really fond of...your...Pacer."