Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strickland and Benitez

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Apr 9 2003, 10:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Apr 9 2003, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@Apr 9 2003, 10:13 PM
    [b] I wouldn&#39;t mind........... ;) He would make some cute looking rug rats..... [/b][/quote]
    Damn, I guess I can&#39;t win either&#33; :( [/b][/quote]
    hehehehehehehe, not true...........Mikey is a fantasy......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey-

Call the Royals today, Phillips-Mike MacDougal. He&#39;s not on the radar yet, but will be soon. Three saves with the friggn&#39; Royals. THROWS HARD, THROWS STIRKES, GETS PEOPLE OUT. Benitez sucks. Offer a pile of stuff-(everthing short of Reyes, Heilmann and Kazmir) and pick up a huge-ass chunk of Armando&#39;s cash. This will be another disaster if you don&#39;t get a real closer ASAP. This guy isn&#39;t getting it done, and Phillips&#39; job is on the line.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Apr 9 2003, 10:34 PM
    [b] Hey-

Call the Royals today, Phillips-Mike MacDougal. He&#39;s not on the radar yet, but will be soon. Three saves with the friggn&#39; Royals. THROWS HARD, THROWS STIRKES, GETS PEOPLE OUT. Benitez sucks. Offer a pile of stuff-(everthing short of Reyes, Heilmann and Kazmir) and pick up a huge-ass chunk of Armando&#39;s cash. This will be another disaster if you don&#39;t get a real closer ASAP. This guy isn&#39;t getting it done, and Phillips&#39; job is on the line. [/b][/quote]
    The best thing that can happen to the Mets is if Phillips DOES GET FIRED............... :angry:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+Apr 9 2003, 10:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ Apr 9 2003, 10:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bugg[/i]@Apr 9 2003, 10:34 PM
    [b] Hey-

Call the Royals today, Phillips-Mike MacDougal. He&#39;s not on the radar yet, but will be soon. Three saves with the friggn&#39; Royals. THROWS HARD, THROWS STIRKES, GETS PEOPLE OUT. Benitez sucks. Offer a pile of stuff-(everthing short of Reyes, Heilmann and Kazmir) and pick up a huge-ass chunk of Armando&#39;s cash. This will be another disaster if you don&#39;t get a real closer ASAP. This guy isn&#39;t getting it done, and Phillips&#39; job is on the line. [/b][/quote]
    The best thing that can happen to the Mets is if Phillips DOES GET FIRED............... :angry: [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know how he dodged a bullet a couple of years ago&#33; With that scandal&#33; :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn&#39;t it messing around with the office help? What is he, George Costanza who keeps failing upwards on the other side of the Triboro?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the royals have a guy named dee brown,his name is dermal and he played football at marlbrol highschool he was the meanest running back i ever played against(i played middle linebacker)he completly knocked me out&#33;&#33;&#33;

im talking smelling salts the whole nine.
    he was a better football player and he&#39;s in the major leagues&#33;

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Benitez blew it again. Boy does he suck.

Wasted a beautiful effort by Glavine. This Bullpen scares me.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 11:16 PM
    [b] Benitez blew it again. Boy does he suck.

Wasted a beautiful effort by Glavine. This Bullpen scares me. [/b][/quote]
    SCARESS YOU&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;m suckin down some pepto bismol right now........Benitez is a NIGHTMARE.......................I was screaming at the radio in the car...........F U Benitez..........F U Phillips..............I hate both of you..........there I feel better................. :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    jetgirl your one spicy firecracker.you must be italian&#33;

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 11:20 PM
    [b] jetgirl your one spicy firecracker.you must be italian&#33; [/b][/quote]
    hehehehehehehe, why yes I am smizzy............... <_< Bobby V. must be so freakin happy right now......it wasn&#39;t him, it&#39;s the trash Phillips gives you to work with.............. :angry:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+Apr 10 2003, 11:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ Apr 10 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 11:20 PM
    hehehehehehehe, why yes I am smizzy............... <_< Bobby V. must be so freakin happy right now......it wasn&#39;t him, it&#39;s the trash Phillips gives you to work with.............. :angry: [/b][/quote]
    Its still very early jetgirl&#33; It will work out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    bobby v with his fake moustache and glasses was pretty funny.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets need to be able to score 6 runs every once in awhile. They need someone in the 3-5 spots in the line-up to hit higher than .200

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get a real closer. MacDougal...everything but Reyes, Heilman and Kazmir...when the Royals start losing, he&#39;ll be available if you give them prospects and cash. May be Beltran too.

Watching the end last night waw like watching an auto accident in slow motion. And you knew how it was gonna end.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Apr 11 2003, 12:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Apr 11 2003, 12:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetgirl@Apr 10 2003, 11:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 11:20 PM
    hehehehehehehe, why yes I am smizzy............... <_< Bobby V. must be so freakin happy right now......it wasn&#39;t him, it&#39;s the trash Phillips gives you to work with.............. :angry: [/b][/quote]
    Its still very early jetgirl&#33; It will work out. [/b][/quote]
    Tailgators, we don&#39;t have any closers..............any word on Franco??????

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Howe is learning on the Job with Benitez. First, he put him in a game to close on Sunday after he pitched in the prior 2 games-BIG mistake with Benitiz going 3 straight games.

Last nigh he brought him in the 8th-Another big mistake. Benitiz wants the 3 quick outs. You can&#39;t leave him out there or they start timing the heat.

Actually, Mets bullpen is one of their brightest areas. Stanton (except Tuesday), Weathers, Cerda and even Strickland at times form the best middle unit in the game.

BTW-The attempt by Cedeno in center to dive for the ball was just awful. Played a single into a triple. You almost need to bring Shinjo in the 6th when you have a lead. Cedeno will get someone hurt

TomShane
    At Four Wins/ Five Losses this Mets team is over-acheiving. How do you have a payroll as high as the Mets and have so much garbage on the roster? The rotation os Leiter, Glavine, Trachsel and Cone won&#39;t make it to July if the bullpen continues to suck, and the fact that Rey Sanchez and Ty Wigginton make up half of our major league infield is a disgrace.

Think about this, even with the 45 million dollar payroll, Art Howe had BETTER TALENT on the A&#39;s than he does on the 110+ million dollar Mets. Pitiful&#33;