View Poll Results: Which player would you draft at 13?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-Boss Bailey

28 50.91%
  • 2-Eric Steinbach

0 0%
  • 3-Kevin Williams

19 34.55%
  • 4-William Joseph

1 1.82%
  • 5-Jonathan Sullivan

7 12.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which player would you draft at 13?

Boss Bailey has the knees of a ten year vet.

That's true, we are taking a huge chance on taking someone that could done for the season on anytime.
    If Boss didn't have his injury history he would be a top 5 pick.

[quote][i]Originally posted by elio26[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 12:26 PM
    [b] #13 Boss (I think the Rams need a MLB more than an OLB, and go OG at #12)
    #22 Sullivan/Williams (Dewayne and Kennedy will go in the top ten, but ONE of the remaining top 5 (J. Sullivan/W. Joseph/ K. Williams) WILL be available at #22.
    Round 2 - We trade up with the extra picks we have a grab Troy Palomalu early in the second round
    Round 3 - WR Justin Gage

Keep in mind, taking a risk on Boss at #13 works b/c if we feel we won't get one of the top 5 DL at #22 we can trade up a spot or two with the extra picks we have, just like I hope we do for Palomalu. [/b][/quote]
    Troy Palomalu WILL NOT be around in the second round..he will go in the middle to late 1st round. I would love to find away to grab him though

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Everyone has their own opinion on players. I watched almost all of Bailey's games in college. I know how good he already is and I know how much better he can get.

The injury issue is a big one. But here's the thing, I remember watching him play. He actually got better when he came back from injury. His own teammates, named him permanent defensive captain at the end of last season. That tells you something right there. Ask Sullivan what he thinks of Bailey and his play on the field.

The bottom line is that there are some really good young linebackers that fit the Jets system in this draft. Boss Bailey is the best of all of them. He is a leader on the field, He's not just a "workout warrior". This guy is a sideline to sideline linebacker, who loves to play the game.

The Jets need a guy like Bailey for the future. This guy loves playing special teams and he produced big time in college in that area, he blocks field goals, punts and knocks the crap out of people on returns. If he didn't have the isssues of injury, His stock would be even higher.

His one weakness is that he tends to miss tackles from time to time. That's only because he is near every play on every down. He is always near the ball. With some good coaching and proper tutelage, He will get even better at playing LB.

Forget about his 4.3 to 4.4 speed and his 46 inch vertical leap at 240 pounds. Watch his play on the field and ask his teammates, how good of a football player and leader he was at Georgia.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 12:48 PM
    [b] Boss Bailey has the knees of a ten year vet. [/b][/quote]
    Gotta love the spin.

How many ten year linebackers can outsprint half the CB's and most safeties in the league? Answer: None. Bailey will be the fastest linebacker in the league. He's a dominant linebacker. A gamer. The guy hasn't missed a game in two years and he's an injury liability? Right.

I'm looking fordward to seeing him the NFL. I want him on the Jets, but he'll be a treat to watch wherever he plays.

Joseph or Williams, leaning to Joseph as he is better against the run.

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 12:19 PM
    [b] Everyone has their own opinion on players. I watched almost all of Bailey's games in college. I know how good he already is and I know how much better he can get.

The injury issue is a big one. But here's the thing, I remember watching him play. He actually got better when he came back from injury. His own teammates, named him permanent defensive captain at the end of last season. That tells you something right there. Ask Sullivan what he thinks of Bailey and his play on the field.

The bottom line is that there are some really good young linebackers that fit the Jets system in this draft. Boss Bailey is the best of all of them. He is a leader on the field, He's not just a "workout warrior". This guy is a sideline to sideline linebacker, who loves to play the game.

The Jets need a guy like Bailey for the future. This guy loves playing special teams and he produced big time in college in that area, he blocks field goals, punts and knocks the crap out of people on returns. If he didn't have the isssues of injury, His stock would be even higher.

His one weakness is that he tends to miss tackles from time to time. That's only because he is near every play on every down. He is always near the ball. With some good coaching and proper tutelage, He will get even better at playing LB.

Forget about his 4.3 to 4.4 speed and his 46 inch vertical leap at 240 pounds. Watch his play on the field and ask his teammates, how good of a football player and leader he was at Georgia. [/b][/quote]
    Good to know someone who watched him play every week thinks as highly as I do! I've always liked him for his FREAKISH athletic ability, but to hear that he got better when he came back from his injury is music to my ears! :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by rbstern[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 02:49 PM
    [b] Gotta love the spin.

The guy hasn't missed a game in two years and he's an injury liability? Right.
    [/b][/quote]
    You can't outrun anyone from the training table - we can talk about the two years he didn't miss a game but what about the two years he didn't play a game???

no matter how good the rehab is the bottom line is he will get hurt again, whoever drafts him will have to deal with that. Players do not miss their entire senior year of high school, their entire soph at college and then go to the NFL and become Ironmen.

sorry to tell you but im taking k.williams