Thread: Spurrier Running Scared!!!!

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0409/1536607.html]http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0409/1536607.html[/url]

This dude knows we are coming for him!!!!!

He is trying to diffuse any situation that his loudmouth owner may have started!

ITS NOT GONNA HELP YOU ON SEPTEMBER 4th STEVIE BOY!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    He realizes that his owner has set him up for a must win game against us, how is he gonna look since his owner went and got all of our players and talked smack about it in the process, then he has to open the season on national TV against that same team, NYJ, if he loses the heat is on him immediately, he has to diffuse this before it blows up, the story lines are gonna be huge, I can't think of a more interesting opening game for a season ever, and it's great that it is the JETS involved the league will be talking about us and it will be so righteous to go beat their asses in front of the world and then have ten days to prepare to squish the fish

Who do you think has more to lose, Spurrior or Bradway?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patman[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 12:38 PM
    [b] Who do you think has more to lose, Spurrior or Bradway? [/b][/quote]
    in the first game??? the redskins do, if they lose with our 4 guys every one laughs at them, if we lose they say wow you really miss those guys doncha?

Spurrier has more to lose.

The Redskins always have more to lose cause they go out every offseason and drop mad loot for other teams players and coaches.

Bradway has a fall back.... "they took four of our starters from a division winning team."

Spurrier has no fall back.

Besides...

The Redskins have shown nothing is recent years.

Several coaches, several players, a new stadium even..... but still an ultimately mediocre team at best.

They sign and draft names. In fact, do they even draft players?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Plus the Skins, who have been ridiculed by GM's etc for these signings, want to prove that they know more than their critics.

Also Snyder needs to prove that he hasn't made the same mistakes he made in 99 when he overpaid for inferior talent and won squat.

Having the Jets show up with their roster improved by the draft, with lowered cap issues, won't fly too well in DC

HOW SWEET IS IT GOING TO BE SEEING PATRICK RAMSEY CHOKE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION IN HIS STARTING DEBUT ......

STATS
    WAS - COLES 3 RECEPTIONS 36 YARDS TWO DROPS

NYJ - BOSS BAILEY - 1 SACK, 2 PASS DEFLECTIONS, 8 TACKLES,0 MISSED TACKLES, 1 BLOCKED PUNT AND 1 BLOCKED FIELD GOAL (JOHN HALL ALWAYS KICKS LOW AND IS EXTREMELY VULNERABLE TO HAVING HIS KICKS BLOCKED.

JETS WIN

REDSKINS START ROB JOHNSON THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

TRUST ME I HAVE A VISION

New to the revamped site,......Keep up the good work Sooth,......

Here's another link that I feel you might find [b]just a bit [/b]interesting........

[b][i]SPURRIER TRIES TO MEND FENCES[/i][/b]

It's rare, if not unprecedented, for an NFL head coach to be in a position to clean up a mess created by his owner. After all, it's the coaches -- whose careers can in theory be shaped by the outcome of any given play -- who typically are prone to making ill-advised statements in the heat of the moment.

But in Washington, an "aw-shucks" head coach suddenly finds himself as the voice of reason beneath a commander-in-chief who loves to hear the sound of his own voice, especially when he's disparaging management of the New York Jets.

Then again, Steve Spurrier likely realizes that the bravado of frustrated "cool guy" Daniel Snyder could make it harder for Spurrier to do his own job, given that the 2003 season opens with a game against the team that Snyder suddenly loves to tweak.

"If there's any ill will or bad feelings between the Jets and the Redskins," Spurrier said on Wednesday, "I don't think it's on the coaching level or the player level. It just seemed like they had players, free agents and restricted free agents, that filled our needs, and we had an opportunity to attempt -- which we were successful in doing -- to sign all these players.

"If there's some bitterness among management-level people, that's something that they need to talk about. But we have the utmost respect for Herman Edwards and the Jets' coaching staff for all they've done there with the Jets."

[color=green][b](Translation -- please, Jets, don't hit our guys too hard just because you're pissed off at our owner.)[/b][/color]

Sorry, Steve, but it's too late to play peacemaker. We expect the Jets to show title-game intensity in the opener against the 'Skins -- and Ball Coach knows it's coming.

[u][b]And he can thank one very short man with a very large mouth for it.[/b][/u]

DAILY RUMOR MILL

by Profootballtalk editor Mike Florio

[url=http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm]http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm[/url]

Personally, I'd love to have blown up FedEx Field,....but methinks Dept. of Homeland Sec. might take me seriously....... :P

In all honesty, though,.....SnydlyWhiplash seems to like the idea of just coming into areas and screwing around with them just to suit his purposes. He's done it from the [b]DAY[/b] he bought the team and went on a firing spree in the first 72 hours. So this is nothing new. I've been down here in 'enemy turf' since '96. I am born and raised a Jet fan from Queens, NYC, back in the days of Walt Michaels(groan), Richard Todd(double groan), Pat Ryan, Pat Leahy, Freeman McNeil and Abdul Salaam.

Well, that said, I'm now less than 30mins. from FedEx. I was mad more so at losing Coles over anyone else after following him at FSU. But watching Danny gloat to any and everybody about it? OBC (Ol' Ball Coach) should be shaking, because if I'm Herm, I'm running the score up, heck even trying an onside kick in the last 2 mins. If Spurrier thought finally getting the monkey over losing to Dallas was tough, can you imagine what the papers across the contry would say if he loses to the Jets (once)AND the Cowboys(twice){Get 'em Bill! :P } this season? I say spare no mercy on these saps - all of them.

BTW - When we win, do you think anyone in our lockerroom will say,
    [color=green][b]"I'd like to see how the Washington management are going to spin this?"[/b][/color]

Just a thought! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    The skins do, theJets last 4 0f their first 5 and still advanced in the playoff while the foreskins were watching!!!

Anyone know where to get tickets to this game?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Looks like Mr. Spurrier is dusting off his old quarterbacking skills..........backpedaling.

my take on it was that Bradway/Fo did not forsee thae market and lost quality players that the Redskins signed

Worst case scenario for the Front office would be the jets take the lead with time running out KO to Morton, returned to the Skins 40 Two 15 yds passes to Cole on the sideline and Hall boots the field goal. The media wont stop for a month.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

BRADWAY has the most to lose washington wasn`t so great last year a new coach ,system a first year coach in the NFL spurrier gets a pass year one .If we lose we had a up and comming team after finaly messing at the end,if we look bad here it will be argued BRADWAY LETthe key parts for going to the next leval get away especially if thse lost players end up the difference makers in winning the game for them and also if we miss the PO by one game.

[quote][i]Originally posted by altoon[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 01:19 PM
    [b] HOW SWEET IS IT GOING TO BE SEEING PATRICK RAMSEY CHOKE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION IN HIS STARTING DEBUT ......

STATS
    WAS - COLES 3 RECEPTIONS 36 YARDS TWO DROPS

NYJ - BOSS BAILEY - 1 SACK, 2 PASS DEFLECTIONS, 8 TACKLES,0 MISSED TACKLES, 1 BLOCKED PUNT AND 1 BLOCKED FIELD GOAL (JOHN HALL ALWAYS KICKS LOW AND IS EXTREMELY VULNERABLE TO HAVING HIS KICKS BLOCKED.

JETS WIN

REDSKINS START ROB JOHNSON THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

TRUST ME I HAVE A VISION [/b][/quote]
    hahah, Rob Johnson, the worst QB in the history of the NFL

Rookie
    Was it just me or did Spurrier practical alude to the Redskins owner having it in for the Jets? He said something like this right ? I can tell you that on a Player or Coaching level there is no ill feelings towards the jets..well who does that leave besides Snyder and parking lot attendants at their stadium??? Am I the only one who got that vibe???????

jesus get off bradway's back already.

spurrier has to prove himself as an NFL headcoach now add this pressure to it and his in for one long season.

Veteran
    Sorry Spurrier..even Baghdad Bob couldn't put a spin on this one to cool things off. Can't wait to see you slam that visor into the turf over and over.