Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Rogers will lead the league in Kick Return

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not just saying this because I bleed green. The guy is damm good. I know Morton was pretty good himself but I know for a fact that Charlie will be a very good player for us. He is solid as hell. I can't wait till we sign him, please please do.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he may make a decision today. Its either the Jets or the Fins.
    How long was he with Buffalo? He's small & quick like morton too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I beleive the Texans picked him up last year, via the expansion draft, then he was traded to Buffalo. Rogers is an even swap with Chad, plus we get the extra pick. If we sign this kid, Bradway looks like a genius.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 10:21 AM
    [b] I beleive the Texans picked him up last year, via the expansion draft, then he was traded to Buffalo. Rogers is an even swap with Chad, plus we get the extra pick. If we sign this kid, Bradway looks like a genius. [/b][/quote]
    I hope so................

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 10:21 AM
    [b] I beleive the Texans picked him up last year, via the expansion draft, then he was traded to Buffalo. Rogers is an even swap with Chad, plus we get the extra pick. If we sign this kid, Bradway looks like a genius. [/b][/quote]
    PaaaaLeeeeeeze!!!!!

No Yards Avg Long TD
    Charlie Rogers 64 1280 20.0 90 1

No Yards Avg Long TD
    Chad Morton 58 1509 26.0 98 2

No contest. I'll take Mort!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Morton is better and I would have liked to keep him but we will most likely sign this kid for a much cheaper deal plus walk away with a pick. I think Rogers will probably put up similar numbers in Westhoff's system. Don't forget he played for Buffalo last year, the same team Morton shredded for two td's.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Apr 10 2003, 10:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Apr 10 2003, 10:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Vona41[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 10:21 AM
    PaaaaLeeeeeeze&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

No Yards Avg Long TD
    Charlie Rogers 64 1280 20.0 90 1

No Yards Avg Long TD
    Chad Morton 58 1509 26.0 98 2

No contest. I&#39;ll take Mort&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Ummmmmmm, in case you haven&#39;t noticed.........Morton is no longer with us..........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay... would you trade Morton for Charlie Rodgers and Dan Klecko? :huh:

&#39;Cos I would do it in a frickin&#39; nano-second and that&#39;s probably the way it&#39;ll work out...

...define irony - Dan Klecko on ST knocking Morton out of the game on the first kick off of the season&#33; :D

I would laugh until the wee ran down my leg&#33;?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by infoxicated[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 10:34 AM
    [b] Okay... would you trade Morton for Charlie Rodgers and Dan Klecko? :huh:

&#39;Cos I would do it in a frickin&#39; nano-second and that&#39;s probably the way it&#39;ll work out...

...define irony - Dan Klecko on ST knocking Morton out of the game on the first kick off of the season&#33; :D

I would laugh until the wee ran down my leg&#33;? [/b][/quote]
    Hey, if you put it that way, it&#39;s a no brainer&#33;&#33;

But, this is the real world, and Mr. Klecko will be gone in the 4th round&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Piss Off Loser&#33;&#33;

I don&#39;t bash the Jets. I just state that I am not happy the way this offseason has gone&#33;&#33;&#33; I have every right to do that.

I am not a gloom and doomer, Iam an avid fan that WNTS TO WIN TODAY&#33;&#33;

We already know you&#39;re a QUITTER&#33;&#33; Don&#39;t make me embarass you anymore than you already have done to yourself&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]

Right on JoneJet.........A lot of people view every move we make with rose colored glass, or with complete distain........You don&#39;t have to agree/disagree with every decision management makes, but you can evaluate it yourself to see if it makes any sense.

For people in here to say Rodgers is equal to Morton, or Conway is equal to Coles is a complete farce (Statistics prove this). However, they are moves that management needed to make to replace our incumbents, and I can appreciate managements efforts to quickly find replacements.

The draft is the key.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    HELLO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; This is a good topic and IF you guys keep calling each other names it&#39;s going to get locked........now knock it off and be civil...........take your "flustration&#39;s" :P out on the Patsie fans...... :P

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray1[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 10:41 AM
    [b] The point, dumbass, isn&#39;t that you are unhappy, it&#39;s that you are CLUELESS about the players that have left, and even MORE clueless about the guys brought in.

Coles is our only big loss. The team wanted to resign him, but weren&#39;t going to overpay for his services. I&#39;ve read that Coles really soured on the organization during contract negotiations, acting like the punk he was at FSU, further stamping his ticket to Washington, that the Jets purposely did not place the highest tender in Coles, because they wanted to have the opportunity to get compensation for Coles now, rather than having a one year headache, losing the player next year, for no compensation. The only part of their concern was if Philly or Oakland made Coles an offer, they would receive a bottom of the first round pick.

The team decided they weren&#39;t going to pay too much to keep THomas, and were willing to let him test the FA market, same for Hall, and to a lesser extent, Darling. Turk was freaking RELEASED, and Morton being the only player the team really wanted to try and keep. But he&#39;s a FREAKING KICK RETURNER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Good player, but you didn&#39;t hear s**t about him until he came to NY and played for Westoff.

Get a damn clue&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Ray,

Go play Madden with the local 12 year olds you beat up on in your neighborhood&#33;

Obviously dipsheet, that is the only thing you win.

Arguements are not what your best at. As a matter of fact, it shows your stupidity&#33;&#33;

Now go do what you do best, and go to your sandbox, and start spouting off to the 5th graders&#33;&#33;

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    take away the buffalo game and tell me Morton is the best kick returner in the history of the league...

this league is all about teamwork, it&#39;s all about putting together a great system and great unit. we have really nice special teams players and an excellent coach.

don&#39;t annoint Morton as the be all end all and greatest returner to ever play the game. Bottom line is Rogers will be more then an adequate replacement and will have a real chance to match or exceed Morton&#39;s numbers of last year.

Let&#39;s not be "typical" NY fans and kill Bradway before the Jets play one down of football this year. Belive in the guy and hopefully he&#39;ll reward us for being fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quitter,

enough with the language.

Obviously you can&#39;t just make your point without the language.

Quality posting. Congrats&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]take away the buffalo game and tell me Morton is the best kick returner in the history of the league...

this league is all about teamwork, it&#39;s all about putting together a great system and great unit. we have really nice special teams players and an excellent coach.

don&#39;t annoint Morton as the be all end all and greatest returner to ever play the game. Bottom line is Rogers will be more then an adequate replacement and will have a real chance to match or exceed Morton&#39;s numbers of last year.

Let&#39;s not be "typical" NY fans and kill Bradway before the Jets play one down of football this year. Belive in the guy and hopefully he&#39;ll reward us for being fans.[/b][/quote]

No one is saying the Rodgers suks, or he&#39;s not a good replacement. We are just saying that there is no statistical evidence to prove that he&#39;s going to be better than or equal to Morton.......which you just said in your last post.

Rodgers averaged a very civilian 20yds per return last year. That doesn&#39;t lead me to a conclusion that the guy will consistently give us the kind of field position that Morton did, or that he&#39;ll put fear into the opponents hearts like Morton.

However, I can live with this decision because we must move on. However, let&#39;s stop putting on these rose colored glasses, and claiming these replacements are better than the guys we had before.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 11:01 AM
    [b] However, let&#39;s stop putting on these rose colored glasses, and claiming these replacements are better than the guys we had before. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. I still think Morton is the best returner in the league.

That is not to say Rodgers couldn&#39;t be productive for us. Personally, I like Craig Yeast, but that one has been beaten to death&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Apr 10 2003, 10:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Apr 10 2003, 10:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray1[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 10:29 AM
    [b] Hey JohnEJet, instead of replying to everything by bashing the Jets, how about getting a FUCING CLUE?

Rodgers was ALSO one of the top return men in the game, has the same if not more speed than Morton. Morton benefitted from playing within one of the best ST&#39;s units in the league, and that was because of Westoff, probably the top ST&#39;s coach in the league. In Buffalo, he played for one of the WORST ST&#39;s teams in the league.

And he STILL put up good numbers...

Moron&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Piss Off Loser&#33;&#33;

I don&#39;t bash the Jets. I just state that I am not happy the way this offseason has gone&#33;&#33;&#33; I have every right to do that.

I am not a gloom and doomer, Iam an avid fan that WNTS TO WIN TODAY&#33;&#33;

We already know you&#39;re a QUITTER&#33;&#33; Don&#39;t make me embarass you anymore than you already have done to yourself&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I have to agree, John, it does appear every post you type bashes the Jets.

Rogers was able to put up those numbers with Buffalo, probably in the bottom 3 of special teams in the league.

If you compare the stats removing the first buffalo game, I bet they are close to equal. 58/1163 for Rogers (20.0), 52/1231 (23.6) for Morton if you remove 1 Buffalo game, 54/1096 (20.3) for Rogers if you remove both Buffalo games, 49/1125 (23.0) for Morton.

This means, for 2.7 yards, we get another pick. Sounds like a deal to me&#33; Rogers can not help he had to play against our special teams WITH his special teams. They were 2 of his worst days of the season. Morton had his 2 BEST days against theirs.

To be honest, Kevin Faulk, MarTay Jenkins, and Brian Mitchell all had higher averages than Morton.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon, you&#39;re going off the deep end over a KR?????

Are you kidding???

Guess the debate is over your idea that CMorton is the best KR in the league. Ridiculous&#33; He wasn&#39;t even the top KR in the league, and played on the leagues best ST&#39;s.

You campare his stats to Rogers, while they played on two different teams. Anyone with half a clue knows that the Bills ST&#39;s don&#39;t compare with the Jets. Even without that included we&#39;re talking 6 yards of field position. Even to give a Rogers an additional 3 yards per because of the Jet ST unit, we&#39;re talking 3 yards of position.

Take away his two returns vs the Bills and he goes from 26 per to 23 per. Goes from near the top to near the bottom of the pack.

He is no way worth 8 mil over 5 years, I&#39;m happy we didn&#39;t get him and his overblown contract. The Skins are convinced Morton will handle KR, PR (sure-OAKLAND) and play RB. Good luck&#33;

Didn&#39;t the Jets bring Morton in because of an injury to Craig Yeast? Didn&#39;t they both wind up posting similar numbers? Where is Yeast and what has he done since leaving the Jets? It the unit more than it&#39;s Morton.

BTW, it DOES seem that you are here whining about every Jet move, every Jet player. Seems that you ARE Mr Doom & Gloom.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I&#39;m just not happy about the offseason SO FAR, Bro.

Obviously, things could change, but as of now.......

I went to Oakland, and saw us fold in the 2nd half. We lost to a team that was DESTROYED by the Bucs. We just need to be aiming at the Bucs&#33;&#33;

Morton can be replaced, and obvioulsy will. I just happen to think that he is the best, most explosive KR in the league right now. JMO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]If you compare the stats removing the first buffalo game, I bet they are close to equal. 58/1163 for Rogers (20.0), 52/1231 (23.6) for Morton if you remove 1 Buffalo game, 54/1096 (20.3) for Rogers if you remove both Buffalo games, 49/1125 (23.0) for Morton.

This means, for 2.7 yards, we get another pick. Sounds like a deal to me&#33; Rogers can not help he had to play against our special teams WITH his special teams. They were 2 of his worst days of the season. Morton had his 2 BEST days against theirs.[/b][/quote]

It&#39;s hilarious how people can come up with all kinds of permutations to prove their point.

Looking at RAW STATISTICS, Morton is a class ahead of Rodgers. I hope Rodgers does really well with our squad. But looking at stats alone, it&#39;s a downgrade that we must live with.

Why can&#39;t everyone just agree on that?