Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlie Rogers will lead the league in Kick Return

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Jets never drafted Moss to be just a return man.

Or just a WR.

They looked at Moss to be a two WR [b][i][color=green]and[/color][/i][/b] a weapon on punts.

They figured on Moss being productive on the whole, not as one exclusively.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 03:23 PM
    [b] Morton can be replaced, and obvioulsy will. I just happen to think that he is the best, most explosive KR in the league right now. JMO [/b][/quote]
    Classic case of us overhyping our own players. Can i remind you that Morton didn't even make the pro bowl last year. That barely puts him in the top 5- if that. Take away the buffalo game and he was good at best- not great.

Wise up people this is a friggin KR we're talking about here... and have some pantience. we've got 9 picks in the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Terry, are you saying that you would be happy with trading up in the 1st round two years ago for essentially just a return man?[/b][/quote]

No, I don't want the Jets to trade up to get Washington. If he's available at 22 I think he's well worth the risk. The guy has #1 receiver talent, and we don't have a #1 receiver on our roster.

And No, I don't want Moss to exclusively be a returnman. I think he's a weapon that can be used in both facets of the game. But if we add a #1 receiver, we could potential rest Moss in certain 3 wide receiver sets. Durability is a huge factor with this guy.

All in all, i'm not for moving up in the draft to get anyone except possibly D. Robertson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Classic case of us overhyping our own players. Can i remind you that Morton didn't even make the pro bowl last year. That barely puts him in the top 5- if that. Take away the buffalo game and he was good at best- not great.

Wise up people this is a friggin KR we're talking about here... and have some pantience. we've got 9 picks in the draft. [/b][/quote]

Classic case of using different permutations to make your point. You can't add and subtract game totals to make a big picture arguments. No one's hyping Chad Morton, we're only saying that he's better than Rodgers. No one's crying that he's gone, "GOOD RIDENCE MORTON". That still doesn't make Rodgers better than him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Charlie Rodgers didn't excell last year, he RANKED 18th.[/b][/quote]

You've been told TWICE now, at least reminded, of how horrible the Bills' ST's were. You were also advised on how well Rodgers did in Seattle, with a much better ST's unit.

You want to bicker about RAW stats, how much more RAW can you get when one tells you Buffalo ST's SUCKED?

Pretty raw to me.

You DON'T know how this guy will do with Westoff and the JEts ST's, he has never played on a unit as good as the Jets.

His abilities is what stands out and has Westoff's interest.

He's pretty damn good, how good will he be with the Jets?

I don't think you can just sit there and say he's not better than Morton, you don'tknow yet.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    RayRay,

Why are you trying so hard to convince me that your a moron.......I figured that out with your first profanity laidened post.

I don't have to agree with what somebody "Told Me", because that doesn't nessecarily make them right. If I "Told You" that you make sense, I'd be lying me ass off.

I'm not bickering about anything, me & JoneJet are just saying that the stats tell us that Morton is better....I could be wrong......But I'm only going by the stats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we please have a yell at each other thread instead of having to read you guys constantly arguing on like every thread.

Take a look at Rodgers stats from Seattle, don't just look at Buffalo. His stats were down a little in Buffalo, and that goes with the idea of their special teams sucking. I think as long a we have people that can make the holes, we will be fine on the kick returns. I don't think Rodgers is a gunner on punt coverage, but if we can find someone who is good at that we will be a-ok. 3 yards or 6 yards isn't the end of the world.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jared,

I haven't argued or bickered about the topic this entire thread. All I did was give my POV. This guy RayRay tried to initiate some authoritarian role with me, as if that would change my opinion. I got NOOOOOO problem with Charlie Rodgers. I just hate the fact that whenever we sign someone (or are in the process of signing someone), we get these post from people telling us that this player is the next coming of Walter Payton.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Charlie Rodgers could help the rest of the Jets beat up Santa Claus also.

Bills | Police And Courts: Rogers - from KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    December 31, 2002 23:33:46 PT The AP reports Buffalo Bills RB/KR Charlie Rogers is being sued by a police officer who contends he was injured while trying to break up a fight outside an after-hours club in July. According to the suit, when the officer tried to arrest Rogers, the player shouted an expletive and threatened the officer.

Bills | Police And Courts - from KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    July 16, 2002 10:24:21 PT The AP reports Buffalo Bills WR/KR Charlie Rogers was charged with punching a police officer at a bar and had to be subdued with pepper spray. He is also being charged with spitting on two police officers. He was released several hours later after posting $150,000 bail. Bills spokesperson Scott Berchtold said he was unaware of the arrest and declined to comment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I haven't argued or bickered about the topic this entire thread. All I did was give my POV. This guy RayRay tried to initiate some authoritarian role with me, as if that would change my opinion. I got NOOOOOO problem with Charlie Rodgers. I just hate the fact that whenever we sign someone (or are in the process of signing someone), we get these post from people telling us that this player is the next coming of Walter Payton. [/b][/quote]

What a damn hypocrite. You chastize me for giving you MY POV, but then regurgitate how all you are doing is giving us all YOUR POV and how we should accept that? Then, in the same damn sentence you tell eveyrbody you "hate when someone else gives their opinion on the player?"

Talk about being moron!

Speaking of your little "jab," I'll take the high-road this time, you aren't worth my time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 02:28 PM
    [b] I just hate the fact that whenever we sign someone (or are in the process of signing someone), we get these post from people telling us that this player is the next coming of Walter Payton. [/b][/quote]
    [i]Charlie Rogers is BETTER than Walter Payton![/i]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]You've been told TWICE now, at least reminded, of how horrible the Bills' ST's were. You were also advised on how well Rodgers did in Seattle, with a much better ST's unit[/b][/quote]

This is how you came at me jerk-off..........You didn't give a POV, you started by trying to chastize me for mine.

I've taken the high road during this whole conversation. Why don't you quit replying, and let the whole thing die out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [color=green]Jets | [font=Courier][b]Rogers Visits - posted at KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    4:34 PT: The Star-Ledger reports free agent WR/KR Charlie Rogers (Bills) visited with the New York Jets Wednesday. He could sign with the team as a replacement at kick returner for the departed [/b]Chad Morton (Redskins[/font]). [/color] [b][color=green][SIZE=4] I WOULD SIGN HIM NOW[/color] [/SIZE][/b]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanInMaine[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 03:17 PM
    [b] Maybe Charlie Rodgers could help the rest of the Jets beat up Santa Claus also.

Bills | Police And Courts: Rogers - from KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    December 31, 2002 23:33:46 PT The AP reports Buffalo Bills RB/KR Charlie Rogers is being sued by a police officer who contends he was injured while trying to break up a fight outside an after-hours club in July. According to the suit, when the officer tried to arrest Rogers, the player shouted an expletive and threatened the officer.

Bills | Police And Courts - from KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    July 16, 2002 10:24:21 PT The AP reports Buffalo Bills WR/KR Charlie Rogers was charged with punching a police officer at a bar and had to be subdued with pepper spray. He is also being charged with spitting on two police officers. He was released several hours later after posting $150,000 bail. Bills spokesperson Scott Berchtold said he was unaware of the arrest and declined to comment. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: Anyone who swears at and beats on cops is cool with me. Bring him in!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    KFFL is reporting he signed with Miami. Too bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b][color=blue]Dolphins | Rogers Agrees to Sign - posted at KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    14:01 PT: WQAM radio of Miami reports the Miami Dolphins have reached an agreement on a one-year deal with free agent RB/KR Charlie Rogers (Bills). Financial terms of the contract were undisclosed[/color]. [/b] THIS $UCKS

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogers has just about the same physical abilities as Morton. He's just as fast and actually probably runs a little harder. However, he sometimes lacks the ability to see the openings. This is his downfall. But I think he'll be dangerous as a KR with us. Westhoff can make a solid KR into a great KR.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by FOXJET[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 05:41 PM
    [b] [b][color=blue]Dolphins | Rogers Agrees to Sign - posted at KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    14:01 PT: WQAM radio of Miami reports the Miami Dolphins have reached an agreement on a one-year deal with free agent RB/KR Charlie Rogers (Bills). Financial terms of the contract were undisclosed[/color]. [/b] THIS $UCKS [/b][/quote]
    So much for my last post. Oh well. Hello Sean Bennett.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mr. Green Genes+Apr 10 2003, 05:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mr. Green Genes @ Apr 10 2003, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FOXJET[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 05:41 PM
    [b] [b][color=blue]Dolphins | Rogers Agrees to Sign - posted at KFFL ([url]http://nfl.kffl.com[/url])
    14:01 PT: WQAM radio of Miami reports the Miami Dolphins have reached an agreement on a one-year deal with free agent RB/KR Charlie Rogers (Bills). Financial terms of the contract were undisclosed[/color]. [/b] THIS &#036;UCKS [/b][/quote]
    So much for my last post. Oh well. Hello Sean Bennett. [/b][/quote]
    Hello Jonathan Carter&#33;&#33;&#33;