Thread: Boss Bailey

Practice Squad
    The last 2 undersized, atheletic LB's that I remember being drafted in the first round are Ulracher and Al Wilson from Denver ( not sure if Napolean Harris falls into this category). Obviously these 2 guys panned out. I understand the injury concern w/ Boss but given the good recent track record of top rated LB's I would like to see Boss taken at #13 .

Me too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    Yes, please! But the Rams may take him at #12.

I think the rams might go OT to solidify the line with Pace on the way out.

I've been doing a little research on the Rams and I think they will pass on Bailey at #12 b/c they need a MLB more than an OLB. I personally think they will go OL (E. Steinbach) or Marcus Trufant at #12. Here's hoping that we get Bailey!

Hall Of Fame
    I haven't seen him play. But I heard Kiper talking about him, how he's smaller(almsot a safety) and needs big guys upfront to keep OLs off him. Sounds he'd have to be in a scheme kind of like what the Bears do with Urlacher to be effective-i.e, big-ass DTs upfront, because he's not shedding blocks on his own. He's described as very athletic, but that he misses tackles. We'll see.

Rams could go WR, OT (if they trade a disgruntled Pace) OG, CB. They currently have Polley and last year's #1 Robert Thomas on the outside. I think they go OL. How many times did their starting QB get hurt last year ? In an offense that leaves 5 guys to pass protect virtually every down...they need help up front (even with the Turley acquisition).

Does anyone have that picture of Boss Bailey that was posted about 2 weeks ago

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I read on newyorkjets.com that Ted Cottrell likes Boss Bailey. It was in his tuedays with teddy column where he talks a bit about scouting and the draft.

Terry Bradway mentioned the possibility of using a third to move up a few slots from 13 to get a player that may not make it to 13. The number he mentioned was pick #9.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

im hearing also that the rams like him @ 13....... people might not like this but @ 22 we can get kwami harris the offense tackle from stanford i think that will be a great pickup... id rather get the best available @ 22 than reach for a need there..... i have seen this guy play and he is huge and dominating.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    Bailey is 6'3" and about 225. He's right the in the size range of Tampa Bay's linebackers. Hint hint.

If the Jets are going to have any chance of improving on the previous two years playoff appearances, they have to get faster on defense. The personnel in place at LB, aren't right for the system. If not Boss Bailey in round one, then Thompson or one of the other OLB candidates in a later round. They must get stronger at defending the short pass, particularly in the middle of the field.

You have to be willing to be a little softer against teams that are straight ahead rushing, in exchange for having faster people against the pass. The current successful teams in the NFL are characterized by short pass, west coast type offenses. Witness the two teams who made it to the big show last year.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Viper[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 01:33 PM
    [b] The last 2 undersized, atheletic LB's that I remember being drafted in the first round are Ulracher and Al Wilson from Denver ( not sure if Napolean Harris falls into this category). Obviously these 2 guys panned out. I understand the injury concern w/ Boss but given the good recent track record of top rated LB's I would like to see Boss taken at #13 . [/b][/quote]
    I don't Ulracher and Al Wilson had their knees put back together...

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rhyan66[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 02:38 PM
    [b] I don't Ulracher and Al Wilson had their knees put back together... [/b][/quote]
    Nor do most punt returners. But even with a repaired ACL, Santana Moss is the best in the league at it.

Willis McGahee is projected high in the draft with a dramatically repaired knee, and he's still in rehab.

You guys are living in the past. Knee surgery isn't what it was when Broadway Joe was limping to the line of scrimage.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rbstern+Apr 10 2003, 05:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (rbstern @ Apr 10 2003, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rhyan66[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 02:38 PM
    [b] I don&#39;t Ulracher and Al Wilson had their knees put back together... [/b][/quote]
    Nor do most punt returners. But even with a repaired ACL, Santana Moss is the best in the league at it.

Willis McGahee is projected high in the draft with a dramatically repaired knee, and he&#39;s still in rehab.

You guys are living in the past. Knee surgery isn&#39;t what it was when Broadway Joe was limping to the line of scrimage. [/b][/quote]
    Why does everyone throw Sanatana moss in my face, he hasn&#39;t done ish...

Urlacher, UNDERSIZED? I&#39;d like to know what you think a normal sized linebacker should look like....

first off Santana never popped his ACL - it was a quad strain - BIG BIG BIG DIFFERENCE

an ACL pop means you have a reconstructed knee -

meanwhile the advances in technology are great but two things about POPPED ACL guys.

1) Their knees will be chronically sore - that&#39;s a fact - no matter how good the surgery was that guy&#39;s knee will never be the same - in fact over time they could even degrade and become arthritic - my knees are hurting just thinking about ACL surgery.

2) Even if surgeries are a cure all - the fact that HE NEEDED surgery TWICE means that he is injury prone. I don&#39;t care how great surgery is, how wonderful the surgeon is, whatever else techonogy you can talk about --- a guy with an ACL tear is out for the year and faces a significant rehab. This happened to Boss twice - its not out of the realm of possibilty something like that happens again.

You all are fooling yourself into believing that Boss Bailey is the Linebacker Messiah - he&#39;s just not. He&#39;s stiff in coverage, poor tackler, runs around the blocker rather than through him, i can only hope that every single Boss supporter in NY is dissapointed when the JETS do the SMART THING and go DT at 13.

how can so many people be hyped to draft a 22 year old with 32 year old knees is beyond me

hey i got a great idea lets go sign Jamal Anderson he popped both ACL&#39;s too - we can have him and Boss and Sam field the all ACL all-stars&#33;

Boss is THE REAL DEAL.....I live in the Atl. and have seen tons of UGA games.....from time to time he misses tackles, what player doesn&#39;t? The one thing he brings that I have never seen from a Jet LB (fan since &#39;74) is BIG PLAY ability.....he will come up with at least 2 0r 3 headshakers a game .

He came to UGA at a buck ninety or so.....believe me he&#39;ll continue to mature physically. I do believe he needs to put on, at least, 10-15lbs. but that should not be a problem. This kid is going to WOW Jet fans for years to come (if we&#39;re lucky). The injuries are a concern but the risk is well worth it.

i like this kid i just dont like the fact both his knees have had torn ACL&#39;S ,ive done it and ive had the surgery and ive never been the same ,granted i didnt have a sports expert assist with my surgery .
    but i lost my scholorship.