Thread: Wide Receiver in draft should be?

Rookie
    How about Arnas Battle from Notre Dame. He's a great athlete, good hands, ok size 6'-1" & awesome speed. Raw talent but he's a little injury prone. Great potential. Jets will be looking for a receiver in the 3rd or 4th round & he might be there. Thoughts?

I like Calico in either rd 2 or 3. He seems to be moving up the board. He is also raw but I don't think whoever gets drafted this year will see all that much playing time. We have three solid starters and I think JC will win the #4 job. We may also look to a fa after June1, so I say get a project with a great upside.

I really like Anquin Boldin from Florida State. If anybody out there doubts his abilities watch the Sugar Bowl from this year against Georgia. He was the entire offense that game, by the way he played some quarterback during that game.

Rookie
    I really like Anquin Boldin from Florida State. If anybody out there doubts his abilities watch the Sugar Bowl from this year against Georgia. He was the entire offense that game, by the way he played some quarterback during that game.

Arnas was ND starting QB a couple years back. A great all around athlete with a great attitude. A leader! Remember his name.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Manny B[/i]@Apr 10 2003, 04:12 PM
    [b] I really like Anquin Boldin from Florida State. If anybody out there doubts his abilities watch the Sugar Bowl from this year against Georgia. He was the entire offense that game, by the way he played some quarterback during that game. [/b][/quote]
    stats please

All League
    Justin Gage, WR, Univ of Missouri in round 3.

6'4"/215 ran a 4.43-4.48/40 at his pro-day recently. All-time Big-12 receiving leader. Quality guy from a good family. Tough as nails, blocks well, and can jump...played 3 yrs NCAA basketball for Mizzou as the 6th man on the team in 2001 that went to the elite 8 befoer losing to Oklahoma.

Justin Gage would be great in the third as well as Walter Young

a note about Boldin - he's a FSU WR who's stock has fallen due to off the field nonsense - i think if he's hanging around on the second day we should grab him, just because he could be Coles part II - the fates have dictated that we should draft him and Dan Klecko in the 5th round it would be good MOJO