Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JETS TO DRAFT STAR PLAYER!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 04:07 PM
    [b] LETS THINK POSITIVE FOR 1 SEC.... IF HE HAS A CAREER LIKE JERRY RICE THAN WOULD THIS BE STUPID..FACT IS NOBODY KNOWS.... [/b][/quote]
    Now you are getting it-Why trade 2 first rd picks for someone who "nobody knows". Especially at WR

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

bionti, andre johnson will be the 3rd pick all those except westbrook were alot lower.... i just like the fact of us getting into the top 5 it doesnt have to be him....

All League
    No offense Locke, but your raving about wanting a star player and that getting in the top 5 is the best way to do that is just wrong. I can't really explain it better because everyone else already has.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

cause we just lost coles and we would be getting one of the premier players in the draft .....plain and simple....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by patman[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 04:08 PM
    [b] Moss, Harrison,Owens, are three players out ther that if you were guarenteed that they would be this productive as rookies would be worth two 1st rd picks, any hal of fame type player is worth tow 1st rd picks. [/b][/quote]
    Of that group NO ONE would have given the 13 and 22 for the opportunity to draft them at those years.

Owens was from a small school, Moss had all kinds of character issues. Harrison was certainly a good player and a good pick, but not worthy of two 1sts.

What has Harrison done that elevates his team come playoff time?

If you trade up...grab TERRELL SUGGS...end of story. BThomas blows. PASS RUSH, PASS RUSH, PASS RUSH.
    In case anyone didnt notice, our D played well down the stretch but they still stunk.
    Go with what you got on O (which isnt that bad at all) and ADDRESS THE DEFENSE....if TB grabs a receiver I'll puke my guts out !!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

well andre johnson will be in the terell owens mold......

Pick 13 Boss Bailey
    Pick 22 Troy Palomalu

These have got to be the two Jets Picks!!!!!

LL

F Snyder!

The guy is impressive. He is clearly amoung the top 6 most impressive players comming out. If you can get him for the no 13 and 2nd or 3rd picks, I would to consider it. Two No 1's is awful steap. This also will depend on how big a player the Jets will be after June 1 cuts. If they think could add a few players. They may not need to fill all of their holes via the draft.

these are just gut numbers but for every all-pro WR there are 15 busts - for every HOFer there are 75 who didn't come close - that list i wrote was by no means exhaustive - its like yeah he might be the next Terrell Owens but statistically its FAR MORE LIKELY he turns into the next David Terrell - the fact that the JETS lost Coles don't mean that they replace him with a top 5 pick - if anything they should replace him with Anqwan Bolden - another FSU WR with off the field problems who plays big in big games and will likely be around for that extra 5th rounder - that lines up better than mortgaging the defensive future for a guy who is far from a sure thing -

I like Andre Johnson but i owuldn't trade up to 3 to get him - maybe 8 but in the end someone picked much later will probably be much better - its just the way it works.

Veteran
    I'm sorry, I just don't see the point of using our top picks on a WR. We can get by with Conway, Moss & Chrebet. We have a chance to stack the D', and its a chance we must follow through on if we want to win.

We have enough Guys on O that can get the job done if we have an awesome ball control Defense.

Kelley Washington is a big WR who fits our needs and should be there at 22. 13 can go towards a DT like Sullivan or Robertson.

Boss Bailey is a star too

S-U-GG-S

SUGGS

SUGGS

SUGGS

...he's an animal......suggs and abraham would make Tom Brady shake like a little girl.

"suggs and abraham would make Tom Brady shake like a little girl"
    hmmm... that is a pleasing thought :rolleyes:

I feel that no way we should give up our two 1st round picks for Andre Johnson. The only way I would trade to get Johnson if he fall to maybe like anywhere from the 7 to 10 pick and I would give the 13th and 3rd round pick to move up.

All League
    The only way I would trade up with both #1's is if I'm getting Kennedy or Robertson...and even then, I'd have to swallow hard to give the OK to that.

All we need are some good players to stock up and develop for when the Jones's, Lewis's, Garnes's are ready to retire.

Draft picks, even top 5, are not a sure thing...I almost think you have a better chance of getting a "star" if you have more picks to draft rather than trading up. You might get a star in any round...

Guys the only WR worth trading up for is Rodgers. You seem to forget that most WR's don't pan out until about their 3rd year. This was true for Owens, Harrison, Horn, etc..... The only exception was R Moss who was picked at 17 that year. There is no way, I repeat, no way we should move up for Johnson and expect anything from him until 2006. This gap between the best (Rodgers) and second best (Johnson) is huge. The gap between the rest of them is not nearly as big. We are better off drafting for D with 13 & 22 and possibly looking at Calico in the 2nd round.

Bailey is a knee injury waiting to happen. Suggs gives us too many DE's. We have Abe, Ellis, and B Thomas who hasn't even had a shot yet. DT and LB are clearly where e need help soon. I like Kennedy/Sullivan/Robertson/K Williams (whichever is available) at 13 and EJ Henderson at 22.

[quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 04:16 PM
    [b] Pick 13 Boss Bailey
    Pick 22 Troy Palomalu

These have got to be the two Jets Picks!!!!!

LL

F Snyder! [/b][/quote]
    im glad to see some of you are with me on the troy polamau with 22 idea.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Chadwick#10[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 05:03 PM
    [b] "suggs and abraham would make Tom Brady shake like a little girl"
    hmmm... that is a pleasing thought :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    all they would have to do is call a draw play and those 2 would be 5 yards in the backfield and they would run for 10yds everytime.