Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kick Benitez to the curb

I dont know aboat any one else but if I have to see him blow another save Iam going to puke.

wait till june 23rd. ;) let the yankees rip him a couple times first. :D

LOL I am a Yankee fan and I can't stand watching Benitez. Funny thing is I thought this about him 2-3 years ago when the Mets first got him. How many free passes will you guys give him??

The Yankees would kill to have Benitez on their team.

Yeah cause Yankee fans just love to watch blown saves. Stupid.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Manny B[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 05:49 PM
    [b] The Yankees would kill to have Benitez on their team. [/b][/quote]
    you are crazy manny ,why do we need a guy who blows 3 out of 4 chances he gets.

we have a guy called mariano rivera,ever heard of him?
    i dont even have to bash benitez ill leave it to the met fans to do.

So he is off to a bad start, he still will have another great year. He will also be one of the highest paid relievers in baby history next year. STUPID

When I said stupid I wasn't calling you stupid, just meant your comment was. The guy blew a ton of save last year too. I don't see how you don't cringe when he comes in for relief.

He will bounce back.

Stats don't lie, the Baby Bull is a stud. He is one of the most dominating 27 year old stoppers in all of baseball. At his current pace he will hold the record for all time saves.

To his credit, there is no way he shoulda been in last night in the 8th inning. But I think he is a case where stats can lie. He makes too many games 'interesting' in the 9th and tends to lose alot more than he should. He needs to establish better command of his pitches.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 05:50 PM
    [b] Yeah cause Yankee fans just love to watch blown saves. Stupid. [/b][/quote]
    Steinbrenner would have unloaded Benitez YEARS AGO

No Kidding ... George would have offered a comment like "This Guy is Gutless", then sent him packing.

at this current pace?he has 2 losses and 2 blow saves.
    you right the mets are dumb enough to make him the highest paid reliever.
    like i said before anyone can hit a fastball just look at lastnights game for the proof.

boozer if you star reliever cant get 6 outs he's garbage!

[quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 06:16 PM
    [b] at this current pace?he has 2 losses and 2 blow saves.
    you right the mets are dumb enough to make him the highest paid reliever.
    like i said before anyone can hit a fastball just look at lastnights game for the proof.

boozer if you star reliever cant get 6 outs he's garbage! [/b][/quote]
    Wait wait I'm not defending him nor am I a Mets fan lol!! I just think he is not suited to get 6 outs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 05:50 PM
    [b] Yeah cause Yankee fans just love to watch blown saves. Stupid. [/b][/quote]
    Quick Question: Who blew more save opportunities since Benitez came to the Mets in 99, Benitez or Rivera?

Not saying he is better, but the answer is:

Rivera.

[img]http://www.newsday.com/media/thumbnails/blurb/2002-10/3559046.gif[/img]

how many world series has rivera help the yankees win?

how many has benitez helped the mets win?

nuff said.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

First of all, I think it would be safe to say that Rivera has played on much better teams.

Secondly, I think I clearly stated that I wasn't saying Benitez was better, just that Rivera has blown more save opportunities.

That is a fact.

Your claim that Benitez has blown a ton of saves is off base and you are the one who begged for the Rivera comparrison.

Hey remember Benitez helped the Yankees win one.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Nut[/i]@Apr 11 2003, 06:41 PM
    [b] First of all, I think it would be safe to say that Rivera has played on much better teams.

Secondly, I think I clearly stated that I wasn't saying Benitez was better, just that Rivera has blown more save opportunities.

That is a fact. [/b][/quote]
    lets face it you actuly have to be winning a game to blow a save and since the mets cant win of course rivera would have more blow saves.

the mets would send benitez home in a heartbeat if they could land mariano!

please argue that.id love to see you try and put spin on that.

If both players were signed to very similar contracts I think most General Managers would take Benitez over Rivera at this time.