Thread: Miami Press Conference

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone is seeing this, it is hilarious...

He is constantly referring to himself in the third person.
    While talking about the dolphins, he said they have a "GREAT QUARTERBACK" LMAO.

Kangaroo F*cker
    Just the typical, "I love my new team and they are best" speech from a guy who signs with a new team. Plus Seau is a clown.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seau and Z Thomas = BUTT BUDDIES FOREVER!!

Kangaroo F*cker
    I'm looking forward to firing up the old overrated chant when Seau comes to town.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Teal Turd only got older. ;) Seau will make them marginally better...can he throw?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by CanadaJet[/i]@Apr 16 2003, 02:59 PM
    [b] The Teal Turd only got older. ;) Seau will make them marginally better...can he throw? [/b][/quote]
    No but it should be fun to watch him overpursue the play so Martin can cut back to a HUGE hole.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's worth the gamble for Miami. But is Seau going to be Chris Carter Part 2 for them. An aging superstar at the end of the road.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see the real point of this deal for them, unless its getting more of their lameass fans into the stands. He's more than a step behind Thomas.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GJJetsfan[/i]@Apr 16 2003, 03:20 PM
    [b]I don't see the real point of this deal for them, unless its getting more of their lameass fans into the stands. He's more than a step behind Thomas.

[/b][/quote]
    I agree to an extent. Every year, Miami makes a move (no matter how small) that makes their fans (and alot of the media) say, "You see, this is what we were missing. This will take us to the super bowl. The 85 Bears couldn't beat us. Blah, blah, blah, blah, bling, bling, blah." This year that move is Junior Seau. The year before, it was getting Ricky Williams. The year before it was getting James McKnight :rolleyes: , the year before that it was another thing, and so on. Its the same old song and dance. They'll still be a good team. But they aren't a championship caliber team until they get a better than average quarterback (which Fiedler is not). While they are at it, get a defense that can play well away from home and in December.

Still, to this date, they have had a better offseason than us :( .

Kangaroo F*cker
    Couldn't resist posting these quotes from the Press Conference:

"The truth is Junior Seau needed the Miami Dolphins more than the Miami Dolphins needed Junior Seau," Seau said. "This organization is doing everything possible to commit itself to winning a ring."

"Junior is not going to come here and be a leader and take over the Miami Dolphins," Seau said. "Junior is going to play alongside the leaders that you have here ... I just have to come in here and be the fluff. I'm the glitter. I'm the fanfare. I'm just going to be here enjoying the game of football with these great athletes."

With all that 3rd person talk you would think he was auditioning for a role in the WWF.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]newjakecity Posted on Apr 16 2003, 03:35 PM
    Still, to this date, they have had a better offseason than us [/b][/quote]
    Hey Jake don't slit yer wrists just yet, buddy. We can hit a home run in the draft IN JUST 10 DAYS & make up alot of lost ground! The offseason will be judged by how far we get in 2003, & the guys we lost either have been, or will soon be replaced (& not by stiffs either!).

I look for great things for the Jets in 2003...keep yer head up!

As for Miami:
    Ricky Williams was an aquisition for Miami that actually made sense & everybody knew it. They had a piss poor running game & he was an IMMIDEATE improvement. You cannot compare that trade to this one.

It is still true, however that they can't play on the road & will choke in December.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Sounds like 'sour grapes' to me gentlemen. SOUR GRAPES. 14-2 baby, 14-2. If you guys got Junior I dont think you would be saying the same thing you're saying now. Keep crying in your milk....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read the article on ESPN.Com... and the funny thing is that it said the Dolphins brought in Seau to bring some leadership and help put a stop to the Dolphins late season collapses.

Thats funny... Wasn't Seau apart of a 6-1 start 2 seasons ago and a 6-2 start last season only for the chargers to fall on their face and miss the playoffs?

LMAO!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@Apr 16 2003, 04:21 PM
    [b] Sounds like 'sour grapes' to me gentlemen. SOUR GRAPES. 14-2 baby, 14-2. If you guys got Junior I dont think you would be saying the same thing you're saying now. Keep crying in your milk.... [/b][/quote]
    LMAO, My grandmother runs faster than Junior!!! WHat happened, they couldn't get Jack Lambert to sign??

WTF

and 14-2, That crack must be something special down in South Beach.

Kangaroo F*cker
    [quote][b]Thats funny... Wasn't Seau apart of a 6-1 start 2 seasons ago and a 6-2 start last season only for the chargers to fall on their face and miss the playoffs?[/b][/quote]

Couldn't agree more. Seau is a perfect fit for the Phins

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    DOLFINWORSHIPPER I am speaking for a TON of people on this board when I say that we couldn't be happier that you got Seau. He'll be a great part of C-Mart's 1500 yards next season!

We've already got GENUINE veteran leadership in our locker room, so you can have your over the hill trophy veteran. 14-2? Pullleeeaassee! 8-8 is more like it!!